Worst Goalkeeper

Keith McCrae was up there with the best of them (or worst of them)

Also Dibble getting loads of abuse from the City fans behind the goal when we were 2 down v Walsall away. He gave it back to us then got injured when taking a goal kick and got taken off. Nigel Gleghorn went in goal and did better in 70 minutes than Dibble did in his City career. Match ended 3-3 from memory

I was at that game behind the goal, Dibble let a soft second in and we gave him some stick and he was snarling back which wound everybody up even more. When he got carried off everyone was convinced he'd done it deliberately because we'd given him some stick. I'm sure for some reason we had ten men, turned it around to lead 3-2 then in typical City fashion let it slip.

Eric Nixon was the first goalkeeper I ever saw, roll the ball out of his area, to get more distance when kicking it out and my dad was particularly scathing when he saw him do it. He also had the worst game I think I've seen, from a keeper at Maine Road v Crystal Palace, when Bright and Wright tortured us.
What?

He got done by Bright on every through ball as he followed through into Nixon, until he got up and punched him in retaliation and was sent off. We lost 3-1 if memory serves.

I was at that game behind the goal, Dibble let a soft second in and we gave him some stick and he was snarling back which wound everybody up even more. When he got carried off everyone was convinced he'd done it deliberately because we'd given him some stick. I'm sure for some reason we had ten men, turned it around to lead 3-2 then in typical City fashion let it slip.
Yes that was my recollection as well. He slammed the ball down to take the goal kick after giving us the stick back and then got the mysterious injury after taking it.

What?

He got done by Bright on every through ball as he followed through into Nixon, until he got up and punched him in retaliation and was sent off. We lost 3-1 if memory serves.
Was at that game, the pair of them Bright and Wright set out to wind Eric up and it worked, However, Eric did not throw a punch, he collected the ball and pushed it in his face as he ran into him.

Yes that was my recollection as well. He slammed the ball down to take the goal kick after giving us the stick back and then got the mysterious injury after taking it.

In my opinion he definitely thought, " Fuck you lot I'll teach you to give me stick.," and feigned injury to leave us in the lurch. I detested the prick after that. He did us a favour as Gleghorn played better than he did.

Pickford is shite, but he also makes world class saves. The same couldn't be said for Bravo, who had that run of games where he let in every shot on goal. He seemed to be able to dive in place, leaving about two yards of goal open either side.

Great at penalty shoot outs though.
Pickford looks like a world-beater when you compare him to Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.