Worst Goalkeeper

Watched the 94/95 season review the other day and Dibble conceded some really poor goals. One was against United at the near post from a shot from outside the box which was hardly a screamer.

Watched the 94/95 season review the other day and Dibble conceded some really poor goals. One was against United at the near post from a shot from outside the box which was hardly a screamer.

He made his name on one good game, the 1988 league cup final against Arsenal when he had a great game and saved a penalty. This earned him a move to us, it was all pretty average after that.

Was at that game, the pair of them Bright and Wright set out to wind Eric up and it worked, However, Eric did not throw a punch, he collected the ball and pushed it in his face as he ran into him.
Yes, you're right it was a push, inward in the main stand , 15yo all the way down from Carlisle on my own for the first time.

Typical City, think Redmond went in goals but not 100% now. lol

Considering Immel was a former German international he was shite. He saved nothing and seemed to let in everything at him. The one that sticks in my mind was the goal by Giggs at Maine Road where we were on for a 2-2 until Giggs hit a speculative effort and Immel never even moved.
The Immel situation was made even worse that Ball binned off Coton for him.

I know it is a slight variation on the question, but the worst keepers performance for us in an individual game had to be Bravo at Everton in Peps first season. He was like a magician letting the ball, any ball, pass through his body. Four shots on target, four goals. To be balanced, he improved a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.