Worst Goalkeeper

Of course, Eric Nixon just knocked on City's door one evening, on his way home from work, and asked if he could have a trial / play. And we said "Yes".

Those were the days.

My memory must be going as I had forgotten some of these guys ever played for us. Didn't we swap David Phillips for Perry Suckling ? Phillips was a decent player and went on to win the cup with Coventry. Margetson gets my vote because of that disastrous display against QPR. Don't know if it's been mentioned but Margetson is now goalkeeping coach to the England national team which beggars belief.

There can't be many clubs over the years who have had more outfield replacement goalkeepers than City. MacDonald, Redmond, Quinn, Gleghorn and Walker all immediately spring to mind. All of whom were better than Immel & Suckling. Lol. Plus Harry Dowd was replaced during a game v Bury when I was a lad but I can't remember who went in goal.

There can't be many clubs over the years who have had more outfield replacement goalkeepers than City. MacDonald, Redmond, Quinn, Gleghorn and Walker all immediately spring to mind. All of whom were better than Immel & Suckling. Lol. Plus Harry Dowd was replaced during a game v Bury when I was a lad but I can't remember who went in goal.
Just remembered it was Matt Gray !!

Of course, Eric Nixon just knocked on City's door one evening, on his way home from work, and asked if he could have a trial / play. And we said "Yes".

Those were the days.

I work with a Tranmere fan, and Nixon is his all time favourite player and a Tranmere legend by all accounts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.