Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

Howard Kendall - selling Bishop and Morley in exchange for Mark Ward. I remember not being happy about that at the time!

davymcfc said:
m27 said:
That day at Ewood Park when a number of people snapped and there were loud chants for Pearce's head was like a catharsis for me. I came out of the ground slightly elated despite the awful depressing situation we were in.

Awful manager.
limited funds with an already ageing and depleted squad. nearly got us in to europe and in doing so achieved our highest premier league finish until this season. brought in joe hart for a minimal fee. brought nedum, micah, johnson, ireland in to the first team. i think some of the stick he gets is quite harsh. keegan left us in crippling debt so we needed to reduce the wage bill and sell players. we sold shauny who at that time was our only inspiring player. the thing that pearce did wrong was 6million on samaras. that was pearces one big signing and it failed and ultimately led to us only scoring ten home goals all season with some pretty dismal football. having said that it could have been a lot, lot worse.

I prefer to judge him on a 'whole' season not a part one like when he took over . And when we did 'just' fail getting into europe you think back what happened during that game? If goalkeepers were meant to be centre forwards they wouldn't wear a different kit. Like you say, 10 home goals. That is appalling in itself...in my humble opinion that is.

Blumers Bloomers said:
Howard Kendall - selling Bishop and Morley in exchange for Mark Ward. I remember not being happy about that at the time!

Bishop and Morley out and Wardand Alan Harper in if I remember rightly.

However, although that was a very unpopular decision, it was proving to be the right one....before Kendall fucked off!!!

Hughes:
1. Selling Dunne.
2. Refusing to drop Robinho away from home.
3. Not having the bottle to sub/change/swap players when it wasn't working.

Keegan:
1.Playing Fowler against WBA after Djamel Belmadi had a great game up top with Anelka and Benarbia against Fulham 4 days before. Fucked our season completely.
2. Falling out with Berkovic.
3. Replacing Schmeichel and Nash with Seaman and Ellegard.

Mancini:

1. Not incorporating Ireland into the team.
2. Bringing Vieira on against United.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Hughes deciding to put Sylvinho up against Aaron Lennon with no back-up from midfield.
THIS
i mean who in the right mind would think of playing the oldest and the slowest full back in the league against one of the quickest on form wingers.
Even my brother who is 14 said ' its so obvious slyvinho is just gonna get ripped for pace' before the game. Now if my brother could recognize that, how the hell could hughes not of.
All if any respect was lost after that fatal desicion .

n_mcfc said:
Hughes:
1. Selling Dunne.
2. Refusing to drop Robinho away from home.
3. Not having the bottle to sub/change/swap players when it wasn't working.

Keegan:
1.Playing Fowler against WBA after Djamel Belmadi had a great game up top with Anelka and Benarbia against Fulham 4 days before. Fucked our season completely.
2. Falling out with Berkovic.
3. Replacing Schmeichel and Nash with Seaman and Ellegard.

Mancini:

1. Not incorporating Ireland into the team.
2. Bringing Vieira on against United.

the last one is a bit of a joke to me, it's developing a life of it's own as a city myth, watch the second half of that game again and tell me:

a: what's happening in the ten minutes before Viera came on.

b: what happens in the twenty minutes immediately after.

1_barry_conlon said:
davymcfc said:
limited funds with an already ageing and depleted squad. nearly got us in to europe and in doing so achieved our highest premier league finish until this season. brought in joe hart for a minimal fee. brought nedum, micah, johnson, ireland in to the first team. i think some of the stick he gets is quite harsh. keegan left us in crippling debt so we needed to reduce the wage bill and sell players. we sold shauny who at that time was our only inspiring player. the thing that pearce did wrong was 6million on samaras. that was pearces one big signing and it failed and ultimately led to us only scoring ten home goals all season with some pretty dismal football. having said that it could have been a lot, lot worse.

I prefer to judge him on a 'whole' season not a part one like when he took over . And when we did 'just' fail getting into europe you think back what happened during that game? If goalkeepers were meant to be centre forwards they wouldn't wear a different kit. Like you say, 10 home goals. That is appalling in itself...in my humble opinion that is.
noones denying that season was poor. very poor in fact. pearce was given a thankless job imo. he had to make do with signing old has beens and bringing youth players through. what i will say is that what he did was think about the clubs welfare. it is very easy for a manger to come in and spend millions in order to play fancy football. pearces job was to lower the wage bill by selling our best players so we could get some money to keep the club running. with what little money he had he brought vassel, cole and hart in which at the time were decent signings. all three of those signings probably cost less than vuoso, or macken, and definitely less than jo. fuckin ell if pearce actually had this 200 million that hughes had im sure we wouldnt remember him as some appalling manager. basically we had a shit squad and pearce had to try and turn shit in to gold. thats impossible.

Reid - Not playing Colin Hendry (best Center half since David Watson)Hendry later played key part in Blackburn championship site

Alan Ball telling Steve Lomas to keep the ball at the corner flag in a 2-2 against Liverpool, when a point meant we were relegated

Alan Ball - Greany for Walsh

Alan Ball - not playing Kinky as a second striker

Keegan - trying to make City more definsive it was all downhill after the first season

Hughes - That game against Fulham

Hughes - Not taking Dunne off against Hamburg

Hughes - Not finding the right ballance with 200 million talant and 18 months to do it

Mancine - Not going for it against United x2 and Arsenal

My favorite Manchester City moments
<a class="postlink" href="http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.