Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

Alan ball playing out time against Liverpool, when Lomas took the ball in the corner flag... not realising a draw would send us down. Why the fuck didn't he know the correct score at the other games?

Howard Kendall deciding he'd rather manage Everton than us.

Allison selling the bulk of a decent team and replacing them with mostly crap.

Hughes for signing Roque Santa Cruz.

Ron Saunders for not getting on with the players.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Allison buying and playing Rodney Marsh when he (a) wasn't fit enough (b) was the wrong player and (c) disrupted a successful team on the run-in to the title.

This:- Although I think Big Mal bought him with the right intentions.

Also the purchase of a certain Mr Lee Bradbury.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Ricster said:
Hughes playing Micah at LB against Boro, Micah has an absolute stinker, resulting in defeat.

What does Hughes do against Bolton? Plays Micah at LB again, resulting in another defeat if memory serves me correctly.
Didn't he also play him in midfield early on too, maybe against that team from Denmark that nearly knocked us out?

Yep I was at that game with my mate, who doesnt support City, his words when he saw our line-up "wtf why is Richards playing in midfield isnt he a fullback?"

I spent a lot of time in my local pub trying to defend Hughes after that day.

Thank God I dont have to do that any more!

Turning this

Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Booth, Watson, Owen, Barnes, Kidd, Royle, Hartford and Power

into this

Corrigan, Ranson, Nicky Reid, Booth, Caton, Henry, Power, Daley, Mackenzie, Palmer and Reeves.

Well done Mal, its only took 30 years and the good fortune of Oil money to put us back on course.

All other decisions pale into insignificance.

Skashion said:
citykev28 said:
blackburn away (3-2 against the champions elect)

I think that was my very first City game. It's certainly the first one I can remember and I remember it vividly too.

1st game away?? if anyone's got a copy of that game, you can hear me banging fuck out of the plexi-glass at the side of the stand. may have annoyed people at the time but it contributed to the atmosphere in a way. one of my all time favourite aways that night. UWE UWE UWE !!!

citykev28 said:
Skashion said:
I think that was my very first City game. It's certainly the first one I can remember and I remember it vividly too.

1st game away?? if anyone's got a copy of that game, you can hear me banging fuck out of the plexi-glass at the side of the stand. may have annoyed people at the time but it contributed to the atmosphere in a way. one of my all time favourite aways that night. UWE UWE UWE !!!

No, first ever. I might be wrong in that but I'm fairly certain that was the season my Dad started taking me to games. I have the highlights of that game from Premiership Years 94-5. I'll have a listen and see if I can hear you.

top of the list, should have added dropping wyn davies for rodney at that time was the biggest clanger a manager could ever have done when being in a clear position to lift the title?
Prestwich_Blue said:
Allison buying and playing Rodney Marsh when he (a) wasn't fit enough (b) was the wrong player and (c) disrupted a successful team on the ru-in to the title.

Skashion said:
citykev28 said:

No, first ever. I might be wrong in that but I'm fairly certain that was the season my Dad started taking me to games. I have the highlights of that game from Premiership Years 94-5. I'll have a listen and see if I can hear you.

your old man was a bit hardcore wasn't he?? taking you to an away for your 1st game. lol. after he saw how much you enjoyed it did he make you wait for millwall away for your 2nd?? i bet he'd had a row with your mam 'cos he was going to a game on a bank holiday, your mam said it's suppose to be a family day so he took you to the match and counted it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.