Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

Uppdated

Allison - ( The biggest mistake !!! ) braking upp the wonderfull site from 1977-1978
Barnes,Owen,Hartford,Watson and all could have been our best site ever

Reid - Not playing Colin Hendry (best Center half since David Watson)Hendry later played key part in Blackburn championship site

Alan Ball telling Steve Lomas to keep the ball at the corner flag in a 2-2 against Liverpool, when a point meant we were relegated

Alan Ball - Greany for Walsh

Alan Ball - not playing Kinky as a second striker

Keegan - trying to make City more definsive it was all downhill after the first season

Hughes - That game against Fulham

Hughes - Not taking Dunne off against Hamburg

Hughes - Not finding the right ballance with 200 million talant and 18 months to do it

Mancine - Not going for it against United x2 and Arsenal

My favorite Manchester City moments
<a class="postlink" href="http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://astore.amazon.co.uk/manchestercitydvd-21</a>

m27 said:
In no particular order.....

-Royle not picking Gio (Don't anyone dare tell me it was the correct decision when we got relegated anyway!)

- Hughes putting Fernades at right back against Liverpool when we had a RB (Richards) and a centre half (Kompany) on the pitch. Gelson in midfield, Richards to right back and move Kompany from midfield to centre half. Job done. Unfortunately, this howler cost us the game.

- David Brightwell selected in the 5-0 (Horton)

- Horton sittiing back on the lead in the 2-3 Derby and not getting a grip of Cantona.

- Ball not picking Coton and continuing to pick Eike fucking Immell.I really could go on all day!

And then selling him to the darkside and all the other players that he believed thought they were bigger stars than him

c4lv3rt said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Hughes deciding to put Sylvinho up against Aaron Lennon with no back-up from midfield.

Beat me to it PB shocking decision

with absolutley no back up whatsoever

You didn't need to write it on a piece of paper to realise that Lennon would rip Sylvinho apart

oh and selling Elano without buying a replacement

FFS

Eccles Blue said:
Hughes/Cook selling Richard Dunne

Mancini playing Micah Richards

Mancini not playing Stephen Ireland or Nedum Onouha

Mancini playing negative football instead of letting the lads get out there and go for it in too many games this season.

Hughes not changing his tactics when we had so many draws over that winter period. We would have been in the CL but for that.

Everything that Brian Horton ever did!!

letting the good name of eccles down there she'. dunne was ready for a move, loads of blues agreed he wouldn't take us to the next level. he is refreshed at villa.
that's a matter of opinion though so i'll give you that.
however, "everything that brian horton ever did" ?? really??
so the signings of peter beagrie, paul walsh and uwe rosler were mistakes?? have a look at the season review for season 1994/95. the home games against west ham (3-0), everton(4-0), tottenham (5-2), sheff.wed. (3-2) and liverpool (2-1) were some of the finest displays of attacking football i saw at maine road. blackburn away (3-2 against the champions elect) wasn't too bad either. i admit he was a bit naive away from home. surely though a man who was never 'big enough' for the job made the most of the situation and never took us down unlike ball and royle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.