Worst movie ever

First Knight
A schmaltzy American take on the Arthurian legend
Connery there for his paycheque and Gere (as ever) staring into the middle distance, trying to pass it off as acting.

In 30 years of being with Mrs Goldblatt, this is one of only 3 visits to the cinema we've had. Dreadful film
This made me think about Excalibur, definitely not the worst film ever but proof that Camelot is indeed a silly place. Actually quite entertaining but not in the way they intended, the guy playing Merlin puts in a performance that would have Brian Blessed telling him to tone it down a touch. Helen Mirren and Cherie Lunghi show a bit of flesh, which is obviously a plus - actually on reflection I may move this to the greatest film thread

This made me think about Excalibur, definitely not the worst film ever but proof that Camelot is indeed a silly place. Actually quite entertaining but not in the way they intended, the guy playing Merlin puts in a performance that would have Brian Blessed telling him to tone it down a touch. Helen Mirren and Cherie Lunghi show a bit of flesh, which is obviously a plus - actually on reflection I may move this to the greatest film thread
Nicol Williamson played Merlin. Once touted as equal to Brando. Liked a pint and a cig. It is an eccentric performance but it works as wizards are fairly eccentric and weird when you think about it.
Great use of Wagner on the soundtrack. Young Gabriel Byrne and Liam Neeson in there. Good film.

I saw Trainspotting at the movies and a good few walked out during the first half hour, very strange.

As an early 20 year old a few of us got a rake of beers and took them into the Movies to watch the great Rock and Roll Swindle. One of our mates was in there on his first date with his new girlfriend. They were sat a few rows in front and were the recipients of empty beer cans. Looking back it was a bit mean, however 4 kids and 43 years later they’re still together.
Great story :)

Obviously, I’ve not seen loads of films that I’ve imagined to be shite in the first place. One that I did see at the pictures though was The Accidental Tourist. So bad, I fell asleep in the cinema. My then girlfriend was well annoyed. I’ve no idea how that film won so many awards.
The only other film that’s sent me to the land of nod was the execrable DaVinci Code. Tried watching it twice. Couldn’t get past the first 25 mins.
A bit thick then ? ;)

There's only one answer to this...

One of the all-time great acting performances.

The Room is unintentionally brilliant.

It has to be seen to be believed and for that reason it's earned it's legendary status. Worst film of all time needs to be boring, disinteresting, overly long, zero payoff and a complete sense of time wasted.

Babadook.
It had its moments and was genuinely an interesting angle at a horror. I agree it did take a while for anything to "happen", but overall I thought it was entertaining enough and had a satisfying, albeit cliched twist, that the horror aspect "came from within". Oooooh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.