Worst movie ever

Octa Man (1971). Half man, half octopus. At one point the heroes incapacitate Octa Man by lighting a fire round him 'to suck the oxygen out of the air'. It works. That's the level we're playing at here.

Blood Freak (1972). Man smokes experimental weed and slowly turns into a blood-sucking Turkey. Not a bad costume that makes the monster look like a turkey, the plot is actually set on a turkey farm.

The worst big-budget movie I've ever seen is Armageddon. It manages to be dumb, full of scumbag characters, horribly over-sentimental and that fucking aerosmith song plays every 10 minutes. By halfway I was really pulling for the asteroid.
Armegeddon is a classic:)

It had its moments and was genuinely an interesting angle at a horror. I agree it did take a while for anything to "happen", but overall I thought it was entertaining enough and had a satisfying, albeit cliched twist, that the horror aspect "came from within". Oooooh.
I don't remember what happened as I have erased it from my mind.
I just know that right after I watched it I wanted to offer the poster on here that had suggested I watch it out.

I don't remember what happened as I have erased it from my mind.
I just know that right after I watched it I wanted to offer the poster on here that had suggested I watch it out.
Its meant to be about dealing with grief. That's the overall undertone of the film, with the "grief" taking the form of the Babadook and her learning to accept the "babadook" into her life is symbolic of her allowing herself to grieve the loss of her hubby.

It is very much a B material movie though i must admit.

The film I'VE never understood, and i'm sure i'll piss a lot of people off with this, is 2001: A Space Odyssey. I've tried people, i've REALLY tried to understand it's symbolism , it's tone, it's 'message', and the best I can come up with is AI bad, hoomans create AI which turn bad, but Hoomans created Ai so we are our own doom merchants, whoops irony.

Its meant to be about dealing with grief. That's the overall undertone of the film, with the "grief" taking the form of the Babadook and her learning to accept the "babadook" into her life is symbolic of her allowing herself to grieve the loss of her hubby.

It is very much a B material movie though i must admit.

The film I'VE never understood, and i'm sure i'll piss a lot of people off with this, is 2001: A Space Odyssey. I've tried people, i've REALLY tried to understand it's symbolism , it's tone, it's 'message', and the best I can come up with is AI bad, hoomans create AI which turn bad, but Hoomans created Ai so we are our own doom merchants, whoops irony.
I never got it either. Always puzzled me as a kid. Space odyssey.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.