Worst pain you've experienced

2 crushed discs the pain was unbearable.Never had so much morphine which didnt even touch the sides.The recovery from the op was no fun either they gave me sleeping tablets to knock me out when the pain was too much.
It was a year of hell.Now they do keyhole surgery on discs.

A Brain Haemorrhage six years ago it’s unbelievable pain, you must never neglect a headache after head injury, I’m lucky to be here and able to do most things except walk but it takes time but I’m doing really well
The other time was breaking a leg that was bad
Jeez mate,glad you're still with us and hope you get better every day.

There are some pretty horrendous stories on here which already makes mine seem trivial. However I will include them anyway. The first was going for the snip under a local; when the doctor got hold of the right bollock to perform the deed there was a mild pain the lower abdomen, but when he moved on to the left one, bloody hell I have experienced pain like it and would have confessed to anything. Every time I watch that scene in Mississippi Burning when Gene Hackman grabs that bloke by the balls I can see why he collapses at the end.
The second time was when I had a camera inserted to check my bladder, that wasn't the issue but they wouldn't let you go home until you had had a proper piss. The only way I can describe it is that it was like pissing broken glass with as much blood as piss coming out.
As JFK once said,"Grab 'em by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow".

Had some skin cancer cut out from the back of my knee, the whole width of the back of my knee, they sown me up and a few days later whilst waiting for the results sent me home without ant pain kills. It was like a red hot poker stuck to the back of my knee. But that wasnt the worst lol.
3 days later I was back in to cut away more skin and a 6"×4' skin craft at the back of the same knee.
It all went well until two days after the graft the two nurses decided to take the bandage of the donnar leg.

If you can imagine skin growing through a gauge and than someone pulling that of. Like when you fall over a graze your hand but this time it's a 6"×4" graze.

I screamed and begged them to stop, my bed was soaking with them squinting water to loosen up the dressing. I swore , I cried, i bent the bar above the bed as i was pulling so hard on it because of the pain.

The next day the surgeon did his rounds and when he saw my new dressing he asked who had done that ?
He went over the the two nurses and ripped them apart he was an army surgeon and didnt hold back. The dressing was not meant to be changed unless gangrene, it was meant to fall of naturally with the scab.

I have never felt pain like that again. Towards the end of the scab coming off the surgeon said he was just going to touch the skin graft. I nearly fainted but he caught me and put on a bed. He said that told him how much pain I must have been in when the nurses changed the dressing because just the thought of someone touching it your brain said 'shut down' lol
feel for you fella that sounded like an awful experience...Hope you're all good now

Extremely trivial compared to some of the horrors so far, but the days after having tonsils out was fucking horrible. In the night time when mouth was dry, water felt like burning oil mixed with razor blades.

Hospital gave me some high strength knock out drops, and I’d count the minutes down when due another dose.

A Brain Haemorrhage six years ago it’s unbelievable pain, you must never neglect a headache after head injury, I’m lucky to be here and able to do most things except walk but it takes time but I’m doing really well
The other time was breaking a leg that was bad
Puts this mornings trip to the physio into perspective.

I suffer migraines. They used to be severely debilitating (12 to 24 hours of excruciating pain), but now they are more of an inconvenience. They still make me feel a bit groggy for 24 hours or so, but nowhere near the pain I used to suffer.

Extremely trivial compared to some of the horrors so far, but the days after having tonsils out was fucking horrible. In the night time when mouth was dry, water felt like burning oil mixed with razor blades.

Hospital gave me some high strength knock out drops, and I’d count the minutes down when due another dose.
Not trivial at all...My Mrs. had hers taken out in later life..woke up in agony and coughing blood..had to be admitted for cautery to the tonsillar bed..ambulance job.
Along this line nobody mentioned treatments to the palate for snoring, similarly painful.

Got knocked off a motorbike as a passenger in 1986 at the junction of what used to be Grey Mare Lane/Forge Lane which is where the Etihad is now. Had so many Ops because of it, broken left leg & arm, blood clots on the brain, meniscus removed from right knee, had a plate in the arm but had to have a bone graft from my hip onto the left leg which was unbelievably painful. Since had the bottom of my spine drilled out on both sides to relieve the trapped nerves, a double inguinal hernia and a testicle removed for good measure. Needless to say I suffer from chronic pain, migraines, epilepsy and nerve damage and I look like a patchwork quilt but it could always be worse as they say, and it all made watching City in the 90's a doddle ;-)

CTID

Last edited:
They said they didn't hear a splash either, you'd think if he fell in the canal he'd be splashing about a bit before going under unless he lowered himself in gently. Scary stuff for his parents to hear your child terrified on the phone and you can't help him it's your worst nightmare.
Not knowing what was in store for me
One of the last post’s I made January 2016 before Emergency Op. but the need to watch City was so strong and one of the first things I ever did was find Bluemoon again.
Jeez mate,glad you're still with us and hope you get better every day.
Thank you I’ll keep trying everyday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.