Worst refereeing decisions involving City?

Chris in London said:
Clattenberg's failure to give a pen for the foul on Silva with us 1-0 up away at Chelsea two seasons ago

I thought of this straight away.

Also as previously mentioned, Horlock sent off for aggressive walking &
the phantom penalty at the Swamp after Rosler chipped the keeper.

DTKOAG said:
Atkinson playing on until Owen scored in that 4-3 at the swamp.
Never felt as bad after a game.
This. I was sick after this game.

Other than that Leeds were given a penalty by Alan Wiley in 2004 I think. Smith was outside the box and tripped over his own feet. Shocking decision which proved to be the winner.

As mentioned already on here we've had some terrible ones against Liverpool. I remember Beardsley twice going down like he'd been shot at Maine Road and then Molby scoring the resulting penalties in a very unlucky 0-3 defeat.

The mere mention of Alf Grey brings my blood to the boil. Any youngsters out there thinking the rags getting every decision is new think again. It was twice as bad with the scousers scum in the late 70s and 80s. Cheating has been around for decades.
Worse I've seen the non goal at the swamp when Mendes scored but the officials deemed it hadn't crossed the line. The most blatant piece of cheating ever, that and playing until they won v Sheffield Wed in the first prem title.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Not disallowing the "Dibble"goal at forest away

There are shedloads but this one in particular stands out.

For our younger members, at the time Keepers could only take 3 steps with the ball one under control.

Dibble was stood still with the ball on the palm of his hand. Courtney said on MOTD that he didn't have the ball under control. However, you could bet your bottom dollar that if he'd run around his area Dibble would have been done for steps.

George Courtney, Alf Grey, Peter Walton, Graham Poll and Clattenberg have/are without doubt fucking shocking.

4-3 at the swamp.
First of all there was never four minutes of normal added time justified AND then there was added time onto added time onto added time until the rags scored.

mancunial said:
I once saw the ball hit the back of liverpools net in the first game of the season at anfield 68, it bounced out and the ref waved Liverpool on like he wanted them to score, we were winning 1/0 at the time, you guessed it they won 2/1 St. John and hunt, we had just beaten west brom the week before at Maine rd in the charity shield 6/1
That reminds me of a night match at anfield 66 got beat 3-2 after being 2-1 up,stood on the anfield rd end st John scored the winner for them the fucking ground was moving some atmosphere that night.Week before we beat them 2-1 at Maine rd our first season back up from the 2nd division.

Tiatto goal away at Boro, ran from his own half and got chalked off for some reason, still irks me now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.