Worst refereeing decisions involving City?

Len Rum said:
4-3 at the swamp.
First of all there was never four minutes of normal added time justified AND then there was added time onto added time onto added time until the rags scored.
On holiday in Mallorca at the time never before has a football match fucked my holiday up.

A Richard Dunne thunderbolt free-kick that got chalked off in the last minute away at West Brom that would have seen us equalise. Terrible decision.

andyhinch said:
League cup SF 81 against the dippers.

This. The only person present in the ground who thought Reeves fouled Hansen was the ref.......

There was also another game against Liverpool late 80's........ City on the attack in the North Stand..... cross comes in.... corner..... all the City players move forward for the corner...... only the ref gave a goal kick and no City player noted, such was it an obvious corner! Grobbelear noted and kicked upfield to an unmarked Rush who ran on his own towards Dibble (I think) and slotted past him.....

Not stand out but I remember clearly, Paul Robinson (the shit excuse of a defender) playing at the time for Bolton (I think, around 2009/10). We played them at home and he battered and kicked Sweep all match long, but there was a horrendous 'tackle' he put in, and half the stadium just gasped. I thought Shaun wasn't going to get up, but the ref (I think) gave a free kick and nothing more. Definitely worse than the tackle of Silva at Hull unless my memories deceive me.

Some awesome calls so far.

Jeff Blockley's punch over the Bar, Kevin Reeves disallowed goal, the injury time for the Michael Owen goal, the Cantona penalty etc. (Edited) that tackle on Silva at Chelsea after Mario had put us 1-0 up and the one in Bayern on Tevez day.

Truly the worst decision I have seen went in our favour but fortunately it bared no relevance to the match result. The Ref was that fool Peter Walton but the free kick went to City. It was the 0 - 0 on the Icy day between City and the Mickeys when Mr Mancini was manager and the game when Walton let Mascherano off for taking out Barry (I think).

It was a long clearance from the Liverpool keeper and Torres nipped in between the two City centre backs which could have been Kolo,Vinny,Micah or Ned - I can't remember and headed it out wide, a header he should never have won.

Torres leapt like a Salmon flicked the ball past our boys and was nowhere near a City defender. Walton came rushing in and give Torres a Yellow card for using his Elbow.

The two City centre backs and Torres all looked at each other and just shook their heads.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Some awesome calls so far.

Jeff Blockley's punch over the Bar, Kevin Reeves disallowed goal, the injury time for the Michael Owen goal, the Cantona penalty etc.

Truly the worst decision I have seen went in our favour but fortunately it bared no relevance to the match result. The Ref was that fool Peter Walton but the free kick went to City. It was the 0 - 0 on the Icy day between City and the Mickeys when Mr Mancini was manager and the game when Walton let Mascherano off for taking out Barry (I think).

It was a long clearance from the Liverpool keeper and Torres nipped in between the two City centre backs which could have been Kolo,Vinny,Micah or Ned - I can't remember and headed it out wide, a header he should never have won.

Torres leapt like a Salmon flicked the ball past our boys and was nowhere near a City defender. Walton came rushing in and give Torres a Yellow card for using his Elbow.

The two City centre backs and Torres all looked at each other and just shook their heads.
I'm trying not to through TV's out of the window thinking about some of them, when you coming up for a beer?

Ps the last bit was aimed at your missis;)

To pick up on the 2011/12 season Bayern Munich away in the group stage when there were 2 clear fouls on Richards and Silva in area and nothing given.
Also in the same season the VK red card from Chris Foy that was a disgrace.

three involve united:

4-3 added time at the swamp
kompany sending of in fa cup 3rd round at home
penalty decision in the fa cup 5th round at the swamp.

fourth one was against spurs at home, I think In 1999. we scored from a corner but the referre disallowed it due to a non-existent foul on sol Campbell. was a truly shocking decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.