Worst refereeing decisions involving City?

warpig said:
three involve united:

4-3 added time at the swamp
kompany sending of in fa cup 3rd round at home
penalty decision in the fa cup 5th round at the swamp.

fourth one was against spurs at home, I think In 1999. we scored from a corner but the referre disallowed it due to a non-existent foul on sol Campbell. was a truly shocking decision.

I remember this, their keeper came for a corner, ran into his own man and ref blew up for a foul, huckerby scored but it was disallowed, went on to lose 0-1

One of the worst I've seen was actually for city when we beat villa 5-0 the season before last where the Lino awarded city a penalty for handball when the corner was flicked on by a city head, got it completely wrong!

[video]http://youtu.be/MxYOHbXl8rc[/video] this is it, probably pushed by nastasic as well!

Ali Benarbia said:
Should be plenty of scope for long and bitter memories here. One among many is the penalty given to the rags at the Stretford End after Rosler's chip over Schmeichel had put City in front in the F.A. Cup match.

For me no decision has angered me more in 35+ years following city - Alan Wilkie is a word of hate and frontzeck will forever be associated with being the victim of a footballing outrage!

Any oldies remember that goal ruled out for offside at Huddersfield in the early 70's? Caused a mini riot.

jimharri said:
Alf fucking Grey.

This.

Pretty sure Alan Wilkie was sheer incompetence/intimidation but Alf Gray was pure corruption. I was in the north stand right on level with the cross bar at the time. Utterly outrageous.

Anyone remember this? -

Boxing day 2001. West Brom at home. Richard Edghill comes flying up the wing and latches onto a through ball, races into the box at something approaching the speed of sound. Gets completely taken out by the defender when clean through on goal. Defender gets nowhere near the ball. Stonewall penalty, straight red card. Clear as day.

What does the the ref do? Send Edghill off, second yellow card for diving! I have never seen a ref get a decision so wrong.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It says a great deal about football fans, that in spite of the thread title, there hasn't been a single post about a decision that went in our favour!

Allowing Christian Negouai's handball goal against Rotherham

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.