Would we have still won the CL if we had kept Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko (Plus other questions)

We lost the CL in 2021 due to Zinny's mistake of not covering defensively.

And as we saw Sterling and Jesus's attacking ability wasn't good enough to claw us back into it against a Tuchel coached CL-winning low block.

The team made the right decisions!

1) Is it really important? What's actually the purpose of your question?

2) Anyway, to answer your curiosity:
- Going back 2 years ago and let's say we didn't know the past future: when we play against Chelsea, what's the chance of us to win CL? Is that chance low or high, with those players?
- Going back 1 year ago, and we also didn't know: until 70 mins of the second leg against Real Madrid, what's the chance of us to win CL with those players?

There you are, that's the answer whether we have any chance to win CL with those players.

Note: when we are talking about "chance", we are talking statistically, how likely we'd win. We are not talking about specific situation.

Not a chance. Aké and Grealish were absolutely crucial.

Jesus could have helped and I wish we still had him but Zinchenko couldn't defend, was terrible in the Arsenal games that helped us win the League and Sterling was just fucking wank I cried with relief when he went.

I would have liked to keep Jesus if he was ok with a role like Alvarez.

But, the other two? Thank you for your service and goodbye.

A lot was said mid season when Arsenal were looking unbeatable. Questions were asked of why we'd sold 2 of our players to what was then to become a rival. Some people were saying it was to our detriment. Had we of kept those 2 plus Sterling...

Would we have played any of them against Bayern?

Would Sterling of played against Madrid? Would Jesus of came on at any point, where would Zinchenko of fit in that semi final team?

Would any of them have played in the final? How confident would you feel looking back, with all 3 in the team for the final?
I never counted the goals and assists Agents Zinky 'n Agent Gabby made and scored - I always thought of the goals they missed and the mistakes they made, and muttered under my breath 'Well done, lads!'

Funny how so many are now saying “nah jesus and zinch not really good enough” when back in january it was “what a fuck up selling them 2 to our rivals”.

I remember the cup game walking up to the ground and some gooner telling me how good zinchenko was and selling him to them will cost us the league. He wasnt having it when i said theres a reason we were happy to get rid

Loved them both to bits but neither were ever first 11 for me.
Also, by getting rid of zinch and then cancelo having his paddy made pep find a new way (3 cb’s , stones midfield) and turned our season.

Sterling was great for us but over stayed by 2 seasons.

We got very good money for all 3. Would we have still won it with them still at the club? Well yes! But not as starters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.