Would you play Tevez?

Would you play Tevez?

• Yes

Votes: 525 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 696 57.0%

• Total voters
I despise the fact he was involved in our fa cup win and I really dont want him to be able to claim any involvement in us winning the league. We're top of the league without him and bringing him back would be a huge mistake.

wayne71 said:
I despise the fact he was involved in our fa cup win and I really dont want him to be able to claim any involvement in us winning the league. We're top of the league without him and bringing him back would be a huge mistake.

Damn right!
The fact that he was on the cover of our cup winning mag just rubs salt in the wound after he threw off the scarves going up the steps at wembley!

Scottyboi said:
No true blues would say yes end of. Suppose you would let someone fuck your mrs too and laugh about it? Its the same thing lol.
Such a dumb analogy. Tevez did not fuck my Mrs. or anyones, for that matter. He did what many players often do, and are free to do. He wanted out. He wanted to move, and he tried to. I am totally fine with that. Needless to say, Yaya and Aguero, 2 of our favorites now, also wanted out of the situations they were in. Nasri wanted out, Lescott wanted out, Milner wanted out, Barry wanted out, Dzeko wanted out. Fuck Half our present team were on contracts somewhere else and whined coz they wanted out, and hence why we got them. Players wanting out is a part of football. Even Tevez wanted out of United, hence why we got him. So why is it so hard to imagine someone would want out of City?

It is both childish and dumb to presume, we have an immunity to players wanting out, we don't! Sure, I wanted Tevez sold in January, he wanted to be sold, Mancini wanted him to be sold. But guess what it didn't work out. Which means Tevez is still a City player. He is a good player, and for us to be able to get fair price for him in the summer, it only makes sense that we play him. Especially wen there will be times when we need a striker, like we did at Everton.

City fans need to can all their emotional reactions. The simple fact is City is a stronger squad with Tevez than it is without Tevez.

And lets forget winning the league for a second. Too many are on this dumb argument that Tevez doesn't guarantee we will win the league. So fucking what? No player will guarantee we would win the league. But with Tevez on the bench or giving one of our strikers a breather in games, we have a stronger squad. And I would never want a weaker City squad, just to satisfy some petulant emotional whine!

Get the fuck over yourselves and your self inportance. City is NOT your wife. And what is best for City is what is best for City, regardless of your emotional petulance.

Tevez is a City player. Tevez is a good player. End Of!

Dax777 said:
Scottyboi said:
No true blues would say yes end of. Suppose you would let someone fuck your mrs too and laugh about it? Its the same thing lol.
Such a dumb analogy. Tevez did not fuck my Mrs. or anyones, for that matter. He did what many players often do, and are free to do. He wanted out. He wanted to move, and he tried to. I am totally fine with that. Needless to say, Yaya and Aguero, 2 of our favorites now, also wanted out of the situations they were in. Nasri wanted out, Lescott wanted out, Milner wanted out, Barry wanted out, Dzeko wanted out. Fuck Half our present team were on contracts somewhere else and whined coz they wanted out, and hence why we got them. Players wanting out is a part of football. Even Tevez wanted out of United, hence why we got him. So why is it so hard to imagine someone would want out of City?

It is both childish and dumb to presume, we have an immunity to players wanting out, we don't! Sure, I wanted Tevez sold in January, he wanted to be sold, Mancini wanted him to be sold. But guess what it didn't work out. Which means Tevez is still a City player. He is a good player, and for us to be able to get fair price for him in the summer, it only makes sense that we play him. Especially wen there will be times when we need a striker, like we did at Everton.

City fans need to can all their emotional reactions. The simple fact is City is a stronger squad with Tevez than it is without Tevez.
And lets forget winning the league for a second. Too many are on this dumb argument that Tevez doesn't guarantee we will win the league. So fucking what? No player will guarantee we would win the league. But with Tevez on the bench or giving one of our strikers a breather in games, we have a stronger squad. And I would never want a weaker City squad, just to satisfy some petulant emotional whine!

Get the fuck over yourselves and your self inportance. City is NOT your wife. And what is best for City is what is best for City, regardless of your emotional petulance.

We are still a strong squad without him and top of the league to boot.

I believe we have debated about the contribution & performances of the team with Tevez (last season) and in his absence this season .

Remember the cliché 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts'.

In terms of quantity and bench strength yes. However the debate is whether or not the whole (with Tevez) can be predicted from the properties of the parts (interactions among the various members of City team) misses the point.

That Tevez will contribute positively or will it be at the expense of the other players (Dzeko, Mario, Aguero et al)? Thats the question

Let me give you an example. In the case of Suarez, Liverpool brilliant results in his 8 games absence. I believe the team performs better (AC, Bellamy, Kuyt et al) without Suarez and his selfish shennanigans & squandering goal opportunities which inordinately drew Liverpool relegation points ( how many draws at Anfield?) this season.

The simple fact is that City team performs better without Tevez. City TABLE TOPPING results this season reflects that!

doots said:
Dax777 said:
Scottyboi said:

We are still a strong squad without him and top of the league to boot.

Maybe we are top of the League because Mancini changed his defensive formation and decide to use creative midfielder instead of NDJ this season !

And maybe because Clichy started most of the League games, and we become better with Richards and Clichy !

Or maybe because Silva has improved a lot.

And there are many other maybes.

He should never wear the shirt again. You don't bite off the hand that feeds you. He's acted immature, unprofessional, and like a complete twat and completely disrespected our club and I've lost all respect for the guy not only as a footballer but a human being. And you know what? We're better without him, Carlos can get fucked

Tevez - ''Mancini treated me like a dog''
Looks like he's returning in a great frame of mind and looking for a fresh start (not)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17019634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17019634</a>

Carlos Tevez will resume his Manchester City career despite accusing Roberto Mancini of treating him "like a dog" in the incident that sparked their rift.

Tevez has not played for City since Mancini accused him of refusing to come on against Bayern Munich in September.

The Argentine claimed Mancini swore at him and said "horrible things" but he said on Monday: "I am ready to return, to win and do the best for the club.

"Hopefully I can help City to be champions again."

The club are expecting him to report to their Carrington training ground for fitness tests and Mancini, who initially said Tevez was "finished" at City, says he could now feature in the title run-in.

But it remains to be seen how City will respond to some of Tevez's comments in Monday's lengthy interview with Argentine broadcaster Fox Sports.

"I can imagine myself going on to the field and I'm going to have to be brilliant [to win over the critics]," he added. "It's not going to be easy for me nor the fans.

"If I was wrong, I say sorry. I sincerely believe I did not make a mistake. If it's true [Mancini would welcome me back], of course I like that, if it's for the media, no."

Recounting the circumstances that led to him remaining on the substitutes bench during City's 2-0 defeat in Munich , the 28-year-old Argentina striker heavily criticised Mancini.

"I was kind of in a bad mood and when he brings on [Nigel] de Jong and takes off [Edin] Dzeko, and we're losing 2-0, I thought it was a defensive substitution so I decided to sit back on the bench," he said.

"At the same time Dzeko comes off and is really angry and has a go at Mancini. He then sees the tunnel is closed so he has to sit down next to him and they start to have an argument.

"Dzeko was speaking Bosnian and Mancini would swear at him in Italian so it was a real mess.

"So I go and sit down and he doesn't see me because he's having this discussion. But then he turns around and sees me and you can imagine what happens.

"He's in the middle of an argument so then he tells me to keep on warming up and treats me like a dog.

"So when he spoke to me in that tone of voice, and I said 'No, I'm not going out'. So I was willing to play, but the coach was in such a foul mood because he had that argument with Dzeko.

"He started on me as well, started swearing at me, that was him, because I was very calm. Mancini said some horrible things to me."

City fined Tevez £1.2m for refusing to return from South America and they have not paid his £200,000-a-week salary since he has been there.

He was linked with moves to Inter Milan, AC Milan and Paris St Germain during the transfer window but nothing materialised.

Tevez, who is under contract until July 2014, accepts not all City fans will welcome his return but has adopted a conciliatory approach.

"I believe they were misinformed, they weren't told the facts," he said. "So that when they were told I didn't want to play they naturally turned against me.

"If a player doesn't want to play for the team that's paying his wages it's only natural for them to turn against that player.

"And I couldn't understand what was going on. I swore like any player would. I gave everything to that club and when I saw them burning my shirt with my name on it or hurling insults at me it really hurt.

"I gave everything to that club and what I love above all is to play football."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.