would you sack the medical staff now ?

I'd be asking questions.

But no, we don't need to sack our entire medical department because we're on a bad run of injuries for Christ sake.

I'd be asking questions.

But no, we don't need to sack our entire medical department because we're on a bad run of injuries for Christ sake.

It's not just "a bad run of injuries" is it though? This has been going on a long time now.

It's not just "a bad run of injuries" is it though? This has been going on a long time now.

We're no worse than most

151202.jpg

150527.jpg

Comparison-150225.jpg

We're no worse than most

151202.jpg

150527.jpg

Comparison-150225.jpg

Not very good stars to compare. If Newcastle have 2 squad players out for the season that's 76 points. If Silva and Augueo are out 3 times in the season for 3 weeks at a time that's only 18 points.

The fact is we have had too many injuries to our main players, this doesn't tend to happen at any other club.

Not very good stars to compare. If Newcastle have 2 squad players out for the season that's 76 points. If Silva and Augueo are out 3 times in the season for 3 weeks at a time that's only 18 points.

I don't understand the problem with treating all the players equally when it comes to judging the medical team's competency.

The fact is we have had too many injuries to our main players, this doesn't tend to happen at any other club.

It does, we just don't notice it or remember it as much as we do with our own team. Wasn't too long ago United had their entire defensive line injured, Liverpool have had Sturridge, Henderson, Ings and Sakho out for large stretches.

I don't understand the problem with treating all the players equally when it comes to judging the medical team's competency.

If Aguero is out three times a season at 3 weeks a time. That's 9 weeks in total, but you also have to take into account an extra 6 weeks (2 weeks per injury) for him to be back to 100%.

So we don't have a 100% Aguero for 15 weeks of a 38 week season.

That's more damaging for us than Mike Williamson being out for 38 weeks.

The points in that table do not matter, it's the context that should be looked at.

There are loads of things that contribute to this, not just the medical staff. There's the training methods, the style of play, and most importantly, the recruitment. Jack Rodwell had played just 17 games in all competitions the season before we bought him. Delph was injured for about a third of last season. And especially with players like that, they are less likely to be played when they're not 100%, whereas if they go to be key players for a mid-table side, they're more likely to play through an injury and so look like they're fitter. But I can't imagine a club like us isn't hiring the very best medical staff. When you look at a team like Arsenal, they're always looking for a bargain. So they end up with some incredibly talented players, but you wonder if one of the reasons they got them on the cheap was because of their fitness record. One of the reasons players like Suarez or Ronaldo go for so much money is not just because they're talented, but also because they don't miss many games (assuming they don't bite anyone). I can't imagine Aguero attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona nowadays for this reason.

Didn't I hear an interview with Delph where he said he's never had a significant injury at all in his career then no sooner he signs for City he gets 2 straight after each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.