Would you swap Fernandinho/Yaya for Vidal?

I suspect this speculation is primarily to do with meeting FFP?

If FFP was not such a huge shadow, I don't think we would be considering trading our midfield giant.

Proelia said:
NQCitizen said:
Proelia said:
Not a hope , vidal plays in a shite league for a start

Lucky we didn't apply that logic when signing Fernandinho
Not really seen as nobody watches the ukrainian league but everyone knows how shit serie a is

So are you saying the Ukrainian league is at a higher level than the Italian league and that is why we shouldn't sign a midfielder regarded by a lot of football experts as the best CM in the world?

If we are talking a straight swap I would, reluctantly, trade him for Yaya. Not meant to slight the the Ivorian but Vidal is much younger and would be the foundational piece in the midfield for the next 5-6 years. Obviously no one can say with any certainty but I would imagine Yaya has only 1-2 years left at full force.

kun said:
I love Yaya and Ferna but Vidal is better than both. So reluctantly, yes.

Hes not better than yaya offensivley imo. Why do we have to swap? We're man city we buy who we want!!!! Fuck da ffp

Sentimental reasons would prevent me from swapping Yaya, and at this moment I wouldn't swap Fernandinho for anyone.
Would love to see Vidal here, he'd be perfect, let's just buy him outright ;)

NO, but sure would consider Džeko plus cash for Vidal.

The issue that concerns me with getting Vidal in though would be tactical; who misses out for him to play? There's no way he'd come to sit on the bench, even theoretically, but I doubt Yaya or Dinho would be keen on that either. Add to that the fact that we're supposedly getting Fernando in the summer and I think there are other areas we'd be better off worrying about IMO.

And of course, that's not even trying to fit in Milner, Navas, Silva, Nasri or Jovetic or even (snort) Rodwell or Garcia or any of the promising kids like Lopes or Huws. Different types of players, sure, but you can only have 11 on the pitch at once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.