Written off by Hansen and Sunday Supplement

moomba said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
They were certainly shit in Europe and had they not played the other top 6 sides when they did would have half a dozen points less. Not to mention the mullerings they escaped with v Norwich 1 and Swansea and the good fortune at both dippers. Not shit in the PL but frankly what I´ve seen this season (a fair bit) not that good either

Even with half a dozen points less they would be on track for a very good season by their standards.

As it is in 109 league seasons, they are on track for their best points tally ever. Another 22 points from 9 matches (many on here expect that they won't drop any points outside of the derby so there's 24 for a start) and they will have matched their top points tally of 92, which was in a 42 game season.

Being outplayed (but still winning) every now and then does not make a team a bad one, either does getting knocked out of a cup competition. Make no mistake, if we are to win this league we will have beaten a very good side to do it.

And if we don't win it, it won't be because we've bottled it, we have also had one of the best seasons ever, but come up against a team that was too good over the course of the year.

Spot on, if we win the league this season, City will not have bottled anything. Whatever happens from here on in it will have been an exceptional league performance from both sides.

We didn't do shite in Europe this year because we are a bad team, we did shite in Europe largely because of Manchester City. When City came flying out of the blocks and made it obvious they would be challenging this season, immediately Ferguson's main goal was to win the league and stop them. It has actually become obsessive to the point where he played weakened teams in Europe to save legs for the league, which ultimately cost us our place in the competition. He never really did that in years gone by because either a) we were relatively comfortable in the league or b) it wouldn't hurt THAT much to see Chelsea win the league again.

This season became the 'Just stop City winning the league' season very quickly and that, added to the fact we had a lot of injuries and have a lot of young players settling in, resulted in Europe being a disaster zone for us.

I think next season we will see the PL winner have a lower points total, and both Manchester clubs will perform much better in the CL.

dcj said:
MOTD 2 tonight,lets compare Swanseas squad against Man Citys moneywise. And the point is?
Dion Dublin then creams himself over Valencia and tells us he always provides an end product................the highlight they show is of him controlling the ball trying to cross it and the ball hits a Wolves player and it goes out for a throw.

I was raging at that last night, how often do they discuss games from the week before? Never, but for some media biased reason they want to remind people that we are buying success or perhaps failure...........

Shite programme

Red_fan said:
moomba said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
They were certainly shit in Europe and had they not played the other top 6 sides when they did would have half a dozen points less. Not to mention the mullerings they escaped with v Norwich 1 and Swansea and the good fortune at both dippers. Not shit in the PL but frankly what I´ve seen this season (a fair bit) not that good either

Even with half a dozen points less they would be on track for a very good season by their standards.

As it is in 109 league seasons, they are on track for their best points tally ever. Another 22 points from 9 matches (many on here expect that they won't drop any points outside of the derby so there's 24 for a start) and they will have matched their top points tally of 92, which was in a 42 game season.

Being outplayed (but still winning) every now and then does not make a team a bad one, either does getting knocked out of a cup competition. Make no mistake, if we are to win this league we will have beaten a very good side to do it.

And if we don't win it, it won't be because we've bottled it, we have also had one of the best seasons ever, but come up against a team that was too good over the course of the year.

Spot on, if we win the league this season, City will not have bottled anything. Whatever happens from here on in it will have been an exceptional league performance from both sides.

We didn't do shite in Europe this year because we are a bad team, we did shite in Europe largely because of Manchester City. When City came flying out of the blocks and made it obvious they would be challenging this season, immediately Ferguson's main goal was to win the league and stop them. It has actually become obsessive to the point where he played weakened teams in Europe to save legs for the league, which ultimately cost us our place in the competition. He never really did that in years gone by because either a) we were relatively comfortable in the league or b) it wouldn't hurt THAT much to see Chelsea win the league again.

This season became the 'Just stop City winning the league' season very quickly and that, added to the fact we had a lot of injuries and have a lot of young players settling in, resulted in Europe being a disaster zone for us.

I think next season we will see the PL winner have a lower points total, and both Manchester clubs will perform much better in the CL.

Very well considered and fair post.

It says a great deal about how far we have come that a club that would have been viewed at times by Ferguson as a bit of a joke and and irrelevance for most of his tenure (including certain periods since the takeover) now consumes his thoughts to the point where is becomes his main motivation.

We are not going away and I expect the squad we have to improve next season. I have already posted on here that I think we can still do it this term and nothing has changed in that regard. We have the capacity to go on a seven game winning run before the derby, no danger, but I expect Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea to be stronger next season and rather than hinder our prospects of winning the league next term it could just as easily have the opposite effect, as those teams (plus Spurs) have taken a grand total of two points off united between them this season.

united fans may laugh at the end of the season, but that laughter will be fuelled by fear as much as any schadenfreude on their part. With the owners we have can anyone (other than that contemptible wanker Paul Merson) seriously conceive of a situation where we are not going to win the league in the next four seasons, and when we do, it will be us who is laughing because the journey we have been on will make the arrival far sweeter than anything any united fan can ever comprehend.

We waited 35 years for a trophy and had a laugh whilst we did. Another couple of seasons to win the league is hardly a lot to ask.

Some posters on here are absurd to the point of parody. I guess accelerated success brings out the best and worst in human nature.

I really don't see anyone other than City and United fighting it out for the title now for the next few years,a bit like Chelsea a few seasons back,we'll win some and we'll lose some,so I'm really not that concerned if we don't win the league this season,because just as we fell just short in our cup runs in the past couple of seasons before winning the F.A.cup,we will fall short in the fight for the league this season.

It's disappointing to see the likes of Hansen and Merson sticking the boot in at any given opportunity,their views are supposed be impartial,when obviously they are just a pair of bitter cunts pissed off with City currently trumping their former clubs.

keep smiling blues,this season will be difficult come May watching the rags lift the title after we have lead the way for so long,but it's just part of the learning curve,and inevitably we will have our own celebrations in the not too distant future.Oh how sweet that will be when it finally happens.

scowy68 said:
I really don't see anyone other than City and United fighting it out for the title now for the next few years,a bit like Chelsea a few seasons back,we'll win some and we'll lose some,so I'm really not that concerned if we don't win the league this season,because just as we fell just short in our cup runs in the past couple of seasons before winning the F.A.cup,we will fall short in the fight for the league this season.

It's disappointing to see the likes of Hansen and Merson sticking the boot in at any given opportunity,their views are supposed be impartial,when obviously they are just a pair of bitter cunts pissed off with City currently trumping their former clubs.

keep smiling blues,this season will be difficult come May watching the rags lift the title after we have lead the way for so long,but it's just part of the learning curve,and inevitably we will have our own celebrations in the not too distant future.Oh how sweet that will be when it finally happens.

There's been a good few points from both United & City fans in here which is quite refreshing for a change.

A few things I'd like to point out though is that I think too many people on here get too worked up after hearing the views of Hansen et al. Remember, he's Liverpool. So he's hardly going to be pro-United too (you only have to think back to his kids comment which bit him on the arse).

Whilst his comments about City on MOTD were a little 'forward', I think quite a bit of it was just hurthful truth but at the same time, capitulate was a little to early to call.

I've noticed a massive confidence swing on this forum in the last two weeks. Notably following your Sporting games and the Swansea match combined with United picking up precious league points. Everyone was fully confident of winning the league and that United are 'too shit' and won't be able to topple City and 3 weeks later a hell of a lot of this forum has since developed are rather surprising defeatist attitude.

SImple thing is, beat Chelsea by putting in a top drawer performance which EVERYONE knows you are capable of doing so at COMS and you will be rightly back in the hunt and ONLY ONE POINT behind United.

One point. Why rule yourselves out? Lose against Chelsea and then fail to win at Stoke and then maybe yeah, I can go along with the new found opinions that you wont win it.

But you are still well and truely involved in this title race and it's brilliant to watch from a neutral perspective so get out of your depressive slumps and get back to revelling in how close you are to winning something you have waited decades for!!

I do have to agree with that 'Red_Fan' where he suggested that the League has been their top priority this season, especially after the 6-1 mauling and as a result there European form took a nosedive. It does also surprise me to see so many people on here genuinely believe United have played Shit this season. They haven't (in the league anyway). Yes, they may well have not hit the heights of '99 and '06 whatever they class as their best sides but the IMO, the beliefs of many a person on here that feel United have been shit all season and don't deserve to be top of the league are mainly clouded by the fact that you have played the best football you have ever seen your side play and you're struggling to accept it hasn't kept you top of the league.

Be patient City fans. Patient is exactly what you have had to be for decades so if it's another year you have to wait, so be it. But this year is still a very REAL possibility.

Who cares what he said?

Oh wait, this thread is 10+ pages, so I'm guessing a lot of you. Never mind.

SuperYaya said:
Who cares what he said?

Oh wait, this thread is 10+ pages, so I'm guessing a lot of you. Never mind.

For some people the whole point of going on a football discussion board is to discuss football.

Wouldn't have thought it was that unusual to discuss comments made by a pundit about Man City on a Man City discussion board but that could just be me being old fashioned.

I'm really not expecting us to win the league this season,but the next few weeks are still going to be exciting,Wednesday night is a huge game now,and I'm expecting the players to respond to all the shite that has been written/said about them.The scrip is written for Tevez to come on and score,and how big of a lift will his presence on the pitch in the coming weeks be for players and fans?

scowy68 said:
.The scrip is written for Tevez to come on and score,and how big of a lift will his presence on the pitch in the coming weeks be for players and fans?

not much for most of us

we are not out of this by a long chalk but we do need a couple of big performances now to get us back up and running

541514175.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.