Written off by Hansen and Sunday Supplement

Re: 'On the verge of capitulation'-Hansen

Blue Si O.B said:
I dont disagree with a single bit of what he said. sorry. but if we want to win the league we have to pull our fingers out and fight for it.
And that is what City are perfectly capable of in the next few weeks. BELIEVE BELIEVE BELIEVE

moomba said:
SuperYaya said:
Who cares what he said?

Oh wait, this thread is 10+ pages, so I'm guessing a lot of you. Never mind.

For some people the whole point of going on a football discussion board is to discuss football.

Wouldn't have thought it was that unusual to discuss comments made by a pundit about Man City on a Man City discussion board but that could just be me being old fashioned.

If a football board is to discuss football, why do we have a massive thread about the comments of some old scottish prick? People let what the media say bother them too much.

SuperYaya said:
moomba said:
SuperYaya said:
Who cares what he said?

Oh wait, this thread is 10+ pages, so I'm guessing a lot of you. Never mind.

For some people the whole point of going on a football discussion board is to discuss football.

Wouldn't have thought it was that unusual to discuss comments made by a pundit about Man City on a Man City discussion board but that could just be me being old fashioned.

If a football board is to discuss football, why do we have a massive thread about the comments of some old scottish prick? People let what the media say bother them too much.

I'm not overly bothered by what he says, but I think it's worthy of discussion on a football discussion board.

Why does it bother you so much if people want to talk about it?

moomba said:
SuperYaya said:
moomba said:

I'm not overly bothered by what he says, but I think it's worthy of discussion on a football discussion board.

Why does it bother you so much if people want to talk about it?

Doesn't bother me that much, my first post was tongue in cheek to be honest.

In the old days, Hansen was usually quite pro city.

I think now he may wish Liverpool had our resources and this fuels a bit of jealousy but I can't see a lot wrong in what he has said there. He's been in The Liverpool dressing room in the run in countless times and knows what is needed from a team at this stage.

He came across more frustrated at the situation than pleased and for me his key observations were pretty much on the money. He said we CAN win it providing the belief attitude and tactics are right.

Away from home we don't seem to have a plan B. Our play is very predictable with no real change of pace.

A winger with (more) pace (Ronaldo/Robben type) able to whip low balls in and higher crosses would serve Aguero and Balotelli well and particularly Dzeko. A man like this out wide would stretch defences and get them running back towards their own goal and on the back foot.

So what is the relevance of this to our home and away results and how they differ as we play the same style regardless? For me it is just that teams playing us at home (less so with other top sides/Euro sides) stay behind the ball, show little enthusiasm for coming forward and eventually we break them down. When we are away, they have had to play a little more offensive and we have been caught on the break/mistake (Everton/Swansea/Sunderland) by the odd goal. When teams are more offensive like this on their own turf that is when we need the faster break play.

Instead we build slowly and teams are now working much harder when they lose possession against us to get back behind the ball and harry us. Just like over performing lesser/promoted teams get worked out in the second half of the season, so do great teams like City if they only play a set way.

I'm behind Mancini for the long haul but, if he'd shown more of the Mourinho type ability to change tactics dependent on the opposition and how they were approaching the game, it is my belief that we would have done better away from home than we have and be ahead in the title race now.

Only an opinion. Providing we are treated fairly in terms of refereeing decisions etc we can still do this but we have to be Maverick and positive and 'storm the beaches'.

Mancini too needs to be brave enough to try something different if plan A is not working. This could be a change in style or throwing one of the youngsters in off the bench. Maybe Tevez will be our X factor after all!?

In a roundabout paranoia feeding way, I think this is what Hansen was alluding to.

blue order said:
In the old days, Hansen was usually quite pro city.

I think now he may wish Liverpool had our resources and this fuels a bit of jealousy but I can't see a lot wrong in what he has said there. He's been in The Liverpool dressing room in the run in countless times and knows what is needed from a team at this stage.

He came across more frustrated at the situation than pleased and for me his key observations were pretty much on the money. He said we CAN win it providing the belief attitude and tactics are right.

Away from home we don't seem to have a plan B. Our play is very predictable with no real change of pace.

A winger with (more) pace (Ronaldo/Robben type) able to whip low balls in and higher crosses would serve Aguero and Balotelli well and particularly Dzeko. A man like this out wide would stretch defences and get them running back towards their own goal and on the back foot.

So what is the relevance of this to our home and away results and how they differ as we play the same style regardless? For me it is just that teams playing us at home (less so with other top sides/Euro sides) stay behind the ball, show little enthusiasm for coming forward and eventually we break them down. When we are away, they have had to play a little more offensive and we have been caught on the break/mistake (Everton/Swansea/Sunderland) by the odd goal. When teams are more offensive like this on their own turf that is when we need the faster break play.

Instead we build slowly and teams are now working much harder when they lose possession against us to get back behind the ball and harry us. Just like over performing lesser/promoted teams get worked out in the second half of the season, so do great teams like City if they only play a set way.

I'm behind Mancini for the long haul but, if he'd shown more of the Mourinho type ability to change tactics dependent on the opposition and how they were approaching the game, it is my belief that we would have done better away from home than we have and be ahead in the title race now.

Only an opinion. Providing we are treated fairly in terms of refereeing decisions etc we can still do this but we have to be Maverick and positive and 'storm the beaches'.

Mancini too needs to be brave enough to try something different if plan A is not working. This could be a change in style or throwing one of the youngsters in off the bench. Maybe Tevez will be our X factor after all!?

In a roundabout paranoia feeding way, I think this is what Hansen was alluding to.

Exactly. IMO, this is another example of fans not liking their club on the receiving end of criticism (rightly or wrongly) from people who do actually know a lot about the game.

sjk2008 said:
Exactly. IMO, this is another example of fans not liking their club on the receiving end of criticism (rightly or wrongly) from people who do actually know a lot about the game.

I don't think it's that.

And I bet the people in charge at Liverpool when he was there didn't overreact to every loss in the middle of a good run of results like he did the other night.

moomba said:
sjk2008 said:

I don't think it's that.

And I bet the people in charge at Liverpool when he was there didn't overreact to every loss in the middle of a good run of results like he did the other night.

Fair enough, but the only thing he is getting paid for now is to talk solely about football. Some of his comments may have been a little 'extreme' but on the whole he wasn't far wrong was he?

The fact City have played so well for pretty much the whole season only to have a little stumble recently when it's getting to crunch-time in the title race is probably what he is basing it on.

I reckon if you hadn't come back from 2-0 down to 3-2 against Sporting he may have laid in a little more.

But, regardless of the odd stupid comment he has said here and there over the years he does know his stuff. He wouldn't be employed in such a role otherwise.

If you take 6 points from Chelsea & Stoke with convincing performances and he still ticks by what he said at the weekend then yes, I'd have to agree he's talking out of his balloon knot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.