WTF is Manchester looking like Moscow in Glatnost

I’ve tried the Bubble Tea shops popping up all over town after Hong Kong residents influx into Manchester, which is still going on.

Bubble tea is lovely

This thread is not to knock the shops, pollen pastries are top notch, this is asking what kinda fool spends an hr or more in a line though for a doughnut and coffee

I don't have breakfast in town often at all but I did go to Pollen once. It's definitely a posh place, full of out of towners and quite pricey but the food was really good.

It was miles nicer than the last time I'd eaten at Koffee Pot.

It's extremely difficult nowadays to find anywhere in town where you're going to get decent value. Like many have said, there are plenty with cash to burn in MCR and the prices in the eateries only reflect that.

Take that Hip Hop Chip Shop gaff for example. Absolutely shite and expensive. Tony's chippy pisses all over it and it's got to be around 25% cheaper.
Everywhere has sourdough bread ? Why ? I get it but why no alternative? Its sourdough or fuck all ?

Bubble tea is lovely

This thread is not to knock the shops, pollen pastries are top notch, this is asking what kinda fool spends an hr or more in a line though for a doughnut and coffee
Pollen is great.

It wasn't that long ago that Manchester CC had 500 people living in it.
A place that you visited rather than lived. What's the latest population?
Can't be far off this:

• A further 40,000 people choosing to live in the city centre, increasing the population to 100,000 by 2026.
No wonder everywhere is so busy. You can find decent places that are quieter if you know them.

What's more of a concern is the infrastructure in place to serve a growing population, especially from a public transport POV.
We must surely be considering an underground in the not too distant future? But that seems far too utopian from our elected rulers...

I miss a good old fashioned cafe on the city centre.

Somewhere you get builders tea and cardiac breakfast.

Sick to fuck of places promising a fry up and get cocktail sausage, a streak of fat with a couple of small on the vine tomatoes, a thimble with a bake bean in, along with a fragment of crisp pretending to be a hash brown. All covered up by a big fuck off mushroom and they want me to pay £15 for it. But if I have a flat white coffee made with the beans of a Guatemalan shit monkey it's reduced to £14.50
The cafe down Lloyd st off Albert square used to one such place , of course now gone

Had an early morning mooch about town and now having a quiet pint in Cask before a bus home and I thought I was in Russia as the cold war ended

Federal
Gooey bakery and cafe
Ezra & Gil

Why the fuck are people queing outside several cafes for hrs on end ????

Sorry but fuck off, if you are hungry you go n eat, what sad **** spends an hour in a queue to buy avacardo on toast or fucking pain au chocolat

wierdos get in the fucking pub and buy a fry up or go lidl for a croissant

Fuck queuing I'll only do it if it's absolutely necessary and never by choice. I have to do it at airports if I want to go abroad, to get into football and in a supermarket to buy food. Small queues are inevitable but I'm not waiting in a large slow moving one unless I have very little choice.

I can do quite a good impersonation of a tannoy by cupping my hands and shouting. A few times I've been stuck in a queue somewhere with about two slow moving till operators working and six other tills sitting unmanned. Meanwhile loads of staff are mooching about behind the scenes doing fuck all but pretending to be busy. Tk Max is a prime example of this. I cup my hands and shout, "All till operators to tills, all till operators to tills please!" It works 99% of the time, much to the amusement and delight of those near me in the queue. Whether they think it's a real announcement, or it shames a manager into actually doing something, I don't care. It gets more tills opened lol.

Pollen is great.

It wasn't that long ago that Manchester CC had 500 people living in it.
A place that you visited rather than lived. What's the latest population?
Can't be far off this:

• A further 40,000 people choosing to live in the city centre, increasing the population to 100,000 by 2026.
No wonder everywhere is so busy. You can find decent places that are quieter if you know them.

What's more of a concern is the infrastructure in place to serve a growing population, especially from a public transport POV.
We must surely be considering an underground in the not too distant future? But that seems far too utopian from our elected rulers...
We have to build utd a new ground before we can think of a decent transport system.

Bubble tea is lovely

I agree with you about the queuing. Playing devil's advocate slightly here but I wonder how many on this forum (or even this thread) miss 10-15 minutes of a game to queue at City for a pint of piss.

I admit to being that kind of fool from time to time. Usually a 5:30 kick off.

Had an early morning mooch about town and now having a quiet pint in Cask before a bus home and I thought I was in Russia as the cold war ended

Federal
Gooey bakery and cafe
Ezra & Gil

Why the fuck are people queing outside several cafes for hrs on end ????

Sorry but fuck off, if you are hungry you go n eat, what sad **** spends an hour in a queue to buy avacardo on toast or fucking pain au chocolat

wierdos get in the fucking pub and buy a fry up or go lidl for a croissant
There's now a whole sector of the economy that exists purely by extracting money from the vacuous braindead morons that are the Faceybook and Ticky Tocky crowd and the Instatwats.

All it takes is a few posts on social media saying how "amazing" their smashburgers are and what an "incredible vibe" the place has and the morons will be queuing around the block.

I say good luck to these businesses flogging pretentious overpriced shite to selfie obsessed, narcissistic airheads.

There's now a whole sector of the economy that exists purely by extracting money from the vacuous braindead morons that are the Faceybook and Ticky Tocky crowd and the Instatwats.

All it takes is a few posts on social media saying how "amazing" their smashburgers are and what an "incredible vibe" the place has and the morons will be queuing around the block.

I say good luck to these businesses flogging pretentious overpriced shite to selfie obsessed, narcissistic airheads.
Haha..absolutely bang on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.