WW2 movies

Hmmmm, Pans Labyrinth. Interesting and arguable whether a film set in post civil war Spain counts as a WW2 movie, but after much careful consideration, I say NO!

Jeez you must be an absolute blast to be around.

Anyway it maybe not directly a ww2 film but it's linked.

“Pan’s Labyrinth” takes place in Spain, 1944, in the hilly border region near France. World War II has turned against the fascist regimes of Europe, and guerrillas hold out in the forests, hoping that the Allies will also liberate Spain after Germany falls.

Jeez you must be an absolute blast to be around.

Anyway it maybe not directly a ww2 film but it's linked.

“Pan’s Labyrinth” takes place in Spain, 1944, in the hilly border region near France. World War II has turned against the fascist regimes of Europe, and guerrillas hold out in the forests, hoping that the Allies will also liberate Spain after Germany falls.

Which is why I said interesting and arguable, but after your first comment, it's still a fucking NO!

If it has morphed into WW2 Most Preposterous Films, then that is a contender.

which is to completely overlook Kelly's Hero's - a bank robbery caper stapled onto a war movie with 70's hippy culture blu-taked all over the pair making it a fucking travesty of a war film. Paint filled shells FFS - because they make pretty patterns !!

Didnt know we had to meet your personal, unannounced WW2 film criterion to post our personal favourites? This stinks of a dictatorship. Bet you root for the nazis in these films.

Look, we've already had some dork put forward Full Metal Jacket and the Killing Fields, and another misguided fool try to sneak in Raiders of the Lost Fucking Ark. There has to be order on Bluemoon or it will descend into anarchy and chaos. And what's unannounced about "WW2 Movies" as a criterion?

(As I type I'm struggling to contain my right arm from making a nazi salute a la Dr Strangelove - and let's include that movie why don't we, as without WW2 we wouldn't have had the fucking Cold War. Give me strength!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.