WW2 movies

Darkest Hour has to be right up there . Also Kelly's Heroes, a Bridge Too Far and Where Eagles Dare are also favourites of mine along with serveral others already mentioned. Shindlers List is excellent but a really tough watch. The boy in the striped pajamas is also an interesting film.

Darkest Hour has to be right up there . Also Kelly's Heroes, a Bridge Too Far and Where Eagles Dare are also favourites of mine along with serveral others already mentioned. Shindlers List is excellent but a really tough watch. The boy in the striped pajamas is also an interesting film.

I wasnt keen on Darkest Hour, but I did like Dunkirk.

I saw a Hungarian film about the Holocaust which I thought better than Schindler's List but got a lot less publicity, cant remember the name but it was superbly well made.

If we are talking about films made during WW2 -
Weht The Day Well?
Pimpernel Smith
Freedom Radio
Cottage To Let
Atlantic Convoy
Casablanca
One Of Our Aircraft Is Missing
The Day Will Dawn
Mrs. Miniver
The Lion Has Wings
In Which We Serve
First Of The Few
Unpublished Story
Advantures Of Tartu

must say I do like Talking Pictures channel 328, these films were all produced really as propaganda films as the outcome of WWII was far from certain, could add Sherlock Holmes films, Arthur Askey and George Formby as well
Add San Demetrio London to those based on a true story course you have to like black and white films.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.