Xabi Alonso

what the fuck is up with people on here,why do people want has beens ?,we should be looking at young hungry players not someone looking for a last big pay day.good job some of you lot aren't in charge of player recruitment

I'd take him if it was this window. He'd significantly boost our chances of competing in 4 different competitions. As a potential Summer move though I'd hope we were looking for a more long term solution.

Yeah Juventus sure are glad they didn't pick up that 32 year old has been Pirlo from Milan a couple years ago.

That has been led them to two titles, who knows if Alonso could have that kind of effect for us. His technical ability and creativity is rivaled by only Silva in our team and his play style doesn't rely on athleticism so his age isn't as big a factor as it would be for a different player.

It's a no brainer for me if he's interested in coming to us give him a two year contract and suddenly we have a midfield that rivals any in the world.

sir peace frog said:
what the fuck is up with people on here,why do people want has beens ?

Alonso isn't a has-been, he's still a high-level player who is a starter for one of the best teams in the world. He's been one of Real's best players this season.

He's never relied on pace and in the majority of games won't suffer from a lack of pace. He would possibly struggle against a team that suffocates you to death like Bayern, but how many teams like that are there...?

There's not a central midfielder in England with the vision and passing range of Alonso.

I don't think we'll sign him, but would not complain at all. Just like we have 4 quality strikers for 2 spots, we should have 4 quality central midfielders for 2 spots (right now we have 2 + the jury forever out on Rodwell).

Would be a class signing. Imagine him alongside ferna and yaya , allowing either of them to push on knowing that Alonso will be sitting in for them.
Away from home especially , I would love to see this.
hart
Zab komps di michelis kolarov
Alonso
ferna yaya
navas silva/nasri
negredo/aguero

I'd give him a piggyback here, great player and a position that we're weak in due to injury

My one worry would be could he do the Fernandinho role? no doubt he's ace but I think we'd get overrun with him and Yaya or even worse Garfuckingcia in the middle.

The middle.

If we had him our possession stats would be mind-blowing. Top class player. Has been for years. I'm sure Liverpool are the only English team he'd come back to though.

Imagine us playing a 4-5-1 with Silva nasri/navas yaya,dino,and Alonso,it would b impeccable to say the least,will work wonders in tricky away fixtures,he is not has been and would certainly improve us big time..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.