Xherdan Shaqiri

IH8MUFC said:
NoahCity said:
I'd take him, powerful shot, quality crosses and good pace as well. Like a left sided Navas. We could definitely use another attacking mid, we only have Nasri, Silva, Navas and Milner atm.
Like a left sided navas on steroids.
yeah, he looks like he has spent his fair share of time in the weight room.

Tancredi Palmeri suggests Shaqiri wants out from Bayern. I haven't seen much of him this season but thought he was very good last season. Is he someone who could be a good option for us?

Yes please. Heard the dippers were interested, and I'd hate to see him go there.

Matt the Giant said:
Tancredi Palmeri suggests Shaqiri wants out from Bayern. I haven't seen much of him this season but thought he was very good last season. Is he someone who could be a good option for us?

He was an idiot to sign in the first place. Sign for a team with Ribery and Robben on the flanks and then act dismayed when you get little or no playing time.

He isn't probably not on our shortlist but if we were looking to strengthen that area he is worth signing imho.

Sojib_citizen said:
ffp ruins everything!! can be good option but i want isco

Maybe, but the one good thing is it may encourage is promotion from within. Not signing (having the leftover money to sign) someone like Shaqiri opens the door for Lopes, who would probably be shut out indefinitely if we signed Shaqiri for the flanks. And Lopes has just as much potential as Shaqiri had.

LoveCity said:
Sojib_citizen said:
ffp ruins everything!! can be good option but i want isco

Maybe, but the one good thing is it may encourage is promotion from within. Not signing (having the leftover money to sign) someone like Shaqiri opens the door for Lopes, who would probably be shut out indefinitely if we signed Shaqiri for the flanks. And Lopes has just as much potential as Shaqiri had.

This, we have some excellent youngsters coming through, it's time they had their chance.

When Shaqiri was 19 or 20, he was the main man behind qualifying for the 2nd round instead of United.

He was one of the best young players in Europe and thats why Bayern paid 11m for him.

I would like to see Lopes become better player than Shaqiri, but he needs to play around 30 games a season to reach this level.

I disagree about giving the youngsters a chance; we've waited long enough to get this good, I don't want to go backwards for two or three seasons and let Chelsea, Liverpool or the rags win the title while we wait for youngsters to develop. If we do we might be trying to catch up again for a long time.

When you're on top you strengthen again and don't give the opposition a chance to peg you back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.