Xherdan Shaqiri

Jack Wills said:
I disagree about giving the youngsters a chance; we've waited long enough to get this good, I don't want to go backwards for two or three seasons and let Chelsea, Liverpool or the rags win the title while we wait for youngsters to develop. If we do we might be trying to catch up again for a long time.

When you're on top you strengthen again and don't give the opposition a chance to peg you back.

And for that reason I think we might have to sacrifice our trophy ambitions for the domestic cups. We need to use them to play our "reserves" and youngsters.

Jack Wills said:
I disagree about giving the youngsters a chance; we've waited long enough to get this good, I don't want to go backwards for two or three seasons and let Chelsea, Liverpool or the rags win the title while we wait for youngsters to develop. If we do we might be trying to catch up again for a long time.

When you're on top you strengthen again and don't give the opposition a chance to peg you back.

It all depends on the quality of the youngsters. If they have it in them and they have the mentality you can play them in normal matches. But just one at a time. If they do not have that quality - why are they playing for Manchester City? Then they need to be loaned as they just lack the quality now or need to develop...

Future bench players or squad players are difficult to develop in top teams as they never get enough match time to really develop. But the gems can be developed...

Guardiola played 18-year-old Höjbjerg in the 100 minutes in the German Cup final - and Morten Olsen let him have his first cap for Denmark playing mainly against Ibrahimovic this week. He did a fine job - first team quality.

What this kids - the ones that will make it - lack still in experience and ability they add in drive and eagerness. But they should not be played in "not important" matches with a lot of reserve players but with 10 players of the first team.

Maldeika said:
Jack Wills said:

It all depends on the quality of the youngsters. If they have it in them and they have the mentality you can play them in normal matches. But just one at a time. If they do not have that quality - why are they playing for Manchester City? Then they need to be loaned as they just lack the quality now or need to develop...

Future bench players or squad players are difficult to develop in top teams as they never get enough match time to really develop. But the gems can be developed...

Guardiola played 18-year-old Höjbjerg in the 100 minutes in the German Cup final - and Morten Olsen let him have his first cap for Denmark playing mainly against Ibrahimovic this week. He did a fine job - first team quality.

What this kids - the ones that will make it - lack still in experience and ability they add in drive and eagerness. But they should not be played in "not important" matches with a lot of reserve players but with 10 players of the first team.
But Højbjerg's talent and drive is immense, the kid is destined to make it. At the age of 18 he kinda had zlatan in his backpocket, but duely noted zlatan probably wasn't thinking of anything else than vacation. And it's not even the defensive side of his game that is his best. He has a great vision and is a great passer of the ball, and is so intelligent on and off the ball. Guardiola praises him so much in the media, and so does the board of Bayern Munich. Usualy they loan out their talents but not this kid, they want him to stay at Bayern at secure a squad role in arguably the best squad in the world. That's not to bad eh.

Maldeika said:
Jack Wills said:

I agree with this.

When City introduce young players into the team, it's in Cup games when 3-4 come in and when the senior players are not fully at it. They don't show up well. We need to play players like Lopes, Huws and Pozo. And Rodwell.

City could have won the FA Cup this season, and maybe done better in Europe if we had developed the depth of our squad. I am not sure if that was possible. One way to do it is with young players. The critical stages of every season is February and March where the top teams are playing vital League matches, Cup and European games one after another and injuries and suspensions start to bite.

The lowest point of City's season was the home FA Cup Quarter-Final defeat to Wigan, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

Bayern Munich have such domestic dominance that they can focus on their European games. City will never have that luxury.

spanishblue said:
You don't win anything with kids :-)

You can if they are surrounded by a lot of older and more experienced players - something deleted from history about that 1995 team!

Matt the Giant said:
Jack Wills said:

And for that reason I think we might have to sacrifice our trophy ambitions for the domestic cups. We need to use them to play our "reserves" and youngsters.

Not exactly helped Arsenal has it?

ForzaMancini said:
Matt the Giant said:
Jack Wills said:

Not exactly helped Arsenal has it?

They have reached a CL position every year for how long? 16 or 17 years I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.