Yaya-Keep or Sell?

I've seen many midfield players at Yayas age adapt a different role. And let's be honest here, even in footballing terms he's hardly old, is he? Declining, yes, I'll go with that but not old.

His problem or problems can be managed, and if there was a coach in the world I'd pick to find that role it would be Guardiola. However there is history and it may be a factor, hence his agent suggesting his time was up. We don't know the detail of that though, and pep may have decided to make peace there and move on?

At the end of the day he's a great footballer with a terrible attitude and an even worse agent. He was also woefully misused by Pelligrini and he was left exposed. Yet somehow he had a decent relationship with him so maybe Yaya was calling the shots in respect of where he feels he should play.

From a personal point of view I would be behind any solution to try and accommodate him as long as he stops behaving like a c""nt. The shit with his agent and the fact he has supported that will always leave me a bit uneasy, but never say never, where there is a will there is a way and this last season could be a lot better than many would expect if he stays.

That is crazy stupid money. He's turned China down down already, however. EDIT - also, it's the Star.

The transfer window doesn't shut for six weeks yet.

What's your take there? Do you think Delph is a sitting duck?

I've tried to find a place for him, and even with the home grown stuff I just get the feeling he will be off this summer.

If Pirlo can play the regista role, Yaya can. Anyone disagree with that? You wouldn't have given tuppence for Pirlo 10 years ago, pre regista. I know, I used to watch him when he was supposed to be good, and he was shite.

Edit: whether Yaya has the discipline to play that role is a different matter. If he did, he'd be perfect.

What's your take there? Do you think Delph is a sitting duck?

I've tried to find a place for him, and even with the home grown stuff I just get the feeling he will be off this summer.

It's hard to see a role for him in midfield, but you never know. I've not really heard his name mentioned as one we're actively trying to get rid of. It's not implausible that he could end up being Clichy's understudy if we don't sign another left back and Zinchenko goes out on loan.

Just let him go on a free and save the wages!
Thing is that he probably wants to get paid out the wages of the last year of his contract, plus leave on free now. He certainly will not accept a free transfer now which leads him to make less than the 12 mio he gets for staying the last year.

Thing is that he probably wants to get paid out the wages of the last year of his contract, plus leave on free now. He certainly will not accept a free transfer now which leads him to make less than the 12 mio he gets for staying the last year.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went out on loan for the last year of his contract, with us subsidising his wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.