Yaya-Keep or Sell?

So Yaya is staying according to Pep who sees him as an important player.

We have nothing to worry about, Pep will make Yaya work hard and motivate him, something Pellegrini was incapable of doing. If Yaya isn't following instructions and working hard he will be taken off or benched, Pep is not afraid to do that.

I am expecting a rebirth from him. He should of never been played in a midfield two last season, its not for him anymore.

IMO this season he will be rotated more but will stay play a huge part (Pellegrini played him whenever he was available). When playing could see him in a midfield three.

Lets not forget that Yaya is truly a pass master and rarely loses possession.

Yes he was lazy at times, but this is over-exaggerated by fans. Yaya just recently turned 33 and played 47 games in total last season with most of them in a midfield two. He simply doesn't have the energy anymore and was incorrectly used IMO which led to many sub-par performances.

Yaya is a City legend and still has a lot to offer. Pep will bring out the best in him and hide his weaknesses.

So Yaya is staying according to Pep who sees him as an important player.

We have nothing to worry about, Pep will make Yaya work hard and motivate him, something Pellegrini was incapable of doing. If Yaya isn't following instructions and working hard he will be taken off or benched, Pep is not afraid to do that.

I am expecting a rebirth from him. He should of never been played in a midfield two last season, its not for him anymore.

IMO this season he will be rotated more but will stay play a huge part (Pellegrini played him whenever he was available). When playing could see him in a midfield three.

Yes he was lazy at times, but this is over-exaggerated by fans. Yaya just recently turned 33 and played 47 games in total last season with most of them in a midfield two. He simply doesn't have the energy anymore and was incorrectly used IMO which led to many sub-par performances.

Yaya is a City legend and still has a lot to offer. Pep will bring out the best in him and hide his weaknesses.

Pep has better things to do than massage Yaya's ego. The only reason he has said Yaya is staying is to put out a public message to him that we won't be paying him off.
Yaya wants his contract paying off so he can fuck off to Italy and doss it off in Serie A for a couple of years before fucking off to China for a last payday.
Forget about a Yaya resurgence, he's finished at City.

I have defended Yaya on this forum for so long, but we really need to get rid of him. It's about time. I feel like he's one of those players that need to leave before we can ever look like a different side.

I fear his poor, lazy attitude is infectious. We need the whole squad to pull in the same direction with the same intensity.

Yaya's game is meek now even if his technique is still there. He used to make men look like children. Now those same men, make him look like a fat boy.

For me, a different system won't change much. Even in a midfield three, players will be disorganising themselves to pick up Yaya's slack.

Pep has better things to do than massage Yaya's ego. The only reason he has said Yaya is staying is to put out a public message to him that we won't be paying him off.
Yaya wants his contract paying off so he can fuck off to Italy and doss it off in Serie A for a couple of years before fucking off to China for a last payday.
Forget about a Yaya resurgence, he's finished at City.
Not until Sheik Mansour says so, he isn't. Seluk's been throwing his sh*t out of the pram for 4 years, agitating for a move, & his client's still here. To be frank I couldn't give a flying f*ck whether Yaya stays here, and sits on the bench/or plays for the next 10 years, In fact I'd prefer it, Just to make a point that we won't be f*cked about by anybody anymore.

Even if Seluk does eventually get a bit twitchy & agrees to pay up Yaya's contract himself, I'd refuse his offer, point blank, and give that greedy twunt of an agent a taste of his own medicine.

Last edited:
I have defended Yaya on this forum for so long, but we really need to get rid of him. It's about time. I feel like he's one of those players that need to leave before we can ever look like a different side.

I fear his poor, lazy attitude is infectious. We need the whole squad to pull in the same direction with the same intensity.

Yaya's game is meek now even if his technique is still there. He used to make men look like children. Now those same men, make him look like a fat boy.

For me, a different system won't change much. Even in a midfield three, players will be disorganising themselves to pick up Yaya's slack.

Agreed. If he transforms himself in attitude and fitness it only shows he has been taking the piss for the last two seasons. We don't need that kind of influence in the dressing room. Yaya, Kolorov and anyone else who won't go out and fight in every match like Zabs and Komps don't have a place, no matter their past contributions.

Personally I felt that even his passing went a bit off the boil last season. Don't get me wrong his passing was still decent enough and I'm sure his pass completion stats were still good but by his own high standards I didn't think his passing was what it was a couple of years ago when he seemed to be able to play killer through balls at will.

Personally I felt that even his passing went a bit off the boil last season. Don't get me wrong his passing was still decent enough and I'm sure his pass completion stats were still good but by his own high standards I didn't think his passing was what it was a couple of years ago when he seemed to be able to play killer through balls at will.
Think he must have meant 'Past master' not 'Pass master'

I must have talked about Yaya more on this forum than any other player and don't want to keep repeating myself. I have given up guessing / assessing whether he will stay or go. If he does stay, he takes up a very expensive slot in the squad so we have to hope that he responds to Pep and gets truly reinvigorated and gets himself in the best possible shape for a guy of his age and size. Talking of size, that would mean him shedding several pounds.

I have no doubt that if he does what Pep asks of him, he can make a very useful contribution should he stay. I am largely indifferent to whether he stays or goes. The time has come for a changing of the (old) guard but they need the right replacements. If he stays, it will be good value just to see the reaction and part of me would love it if he could sign off with a season that makes a good few eat humble pie but what ultimately counts is what is best for the team not individual players.

I think that is as much to do with the general shiteness of the whole team under a fucking awful manager.

Yaya was fairly crap last season but so were most of the squad. The difference has been that we make excuses for Silva or Aguero et when they put in half arsed performances, they are 'carrying an injury' or 'tired' etc. In Yaya's case it's always that he's lost it or is lazy. The whole team lost it & were lazy imo.

I suspected when Seluk started talking about Yaya moving, that if necessary he would keep him hanging around like a bad smell until we got desperate to offload, & caved in to his demands.

If however Yaya has had a chat with Pep & both are actually happy to play football, then Seluk's plan goes out the window, which might be why he is so bitter about Txiki in recent press. Seluk never wanted Yaya at City in the first place & dissed us then. He came anyway.

If Guardiola thinks he can do a job, he'll do a job. If he doesn't he will most likely be gone soon.

Either way I don't think Pep will have any animosity around. He'll just deal with it in a nice calm manner & it will be sorted.

I really hope he has decided he wants to play for Guardiola.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.