Yaya/Kolo not available against the rags - BBC {merged}

salfordblues said:
ethan23 said:
And as for NDJ what has he done to merit a start, all he seems to be doing is haggling for a pay rise despite not stepping up to the plate on the pitch

Who do you suggest should play with Barry and Toure out?

Tin hat time but I`d play Micah in that role and Zabs at right back.
And I`m being serious !!

I suspect DDR is De rossi - even if they signed him tomorrow not sure if he would be eligble.

hart
Micah Komps lesc Clichy
NDJ Milner
Silva
Sergio Nasri
Edin

kbb said:
Plus what a lot of people haven't cottoned onto is this.

The ACON is played every two years and is currently in even years (ie 2010, 2012 etc).

It has been decided that in order that it isn't played in the same year as Euros, Worlds etc then it should move to odd years beginning..............in 2013.

So we lose them next Jan as well!!!
Exactly and I still want to know why it is played at this time of year as I have checked the temperatures for the countries staging the tournament and it is cooler in our off season than it is at present.

What is wrong with playing it in June and July?

Am i right in thinking that the tournament does'nt start until the 21/1/12?. We could lose Yaya for:

Rags
Dippers
Wigan
Spuds
Dippers
Everton
Fulham
Villa

Dependant on how well the Ivory Coast do in the tournament.

.......Hart...........
Richards... Kompany... Lescott...Clichy
... De Jong... Milner....
..........Nasri.......
Silva.... Dzeko.... Aguero....

The problems are more with who we have on the bench.

Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Savic, Kolarov, Johnson... maybe Hargreaves if fit... but then who?

Suarez? Razak? Maybe even Bridge or Onuoha?

For all the talk of us having a big squad, we're still at least a couple of players short of a full squad complement. Get that chequebook warmed up!

We are lucky in a way in that 3 of the games he will miss are cup ties. And of the league fixtures, we should have enough outside of Spurs to win comfortably without him.

It will be a real test though. Signing De Rossi would be a huge boost but that doesn't look likely in the near term.

minimalistic said:
Dubai Blue said:
Gray said:
Why is this tournament played at this time of year?

The vast majority of the players are employed by European club sides so UEFA should protest most vigorously, oh sorry forgot that little weasel Prattini was in charge.
Can get a tad hot in Africa during our off-season. Unless you're suggesting it should be played in South Africa every time.

Erm. It's summer there now as its the southern hemisphere. Our off season is their winter so it should be better to play ideally as it won't be so hot.

Wrong. Half in the north, half in the south. Gabon & Equatorial Guinea (the clue is in the name) are on the equator.

Also it's not just about heat. Heavy rain + inadequate infrastructure = problems for fans (getting to games, exploring the country and general safety). It wouldn't be much of a problem if it were only the odd game, but a tournament? Na, not happening.

Only the countries in the very north or very south would be able to cope. In 20-30 years time, we may have a different situation (climate change & infrastructure development).

Be funny if this + Mario's injury was just one big Bob mind game and all are there on Sunday.

iian23 said:
A city fan just rang in talkshit and said yaya would be staying until the wigan game and seemed very certain about it.

I'd be chuffed if it was 'Tolmie'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.