Yaya Toure apologises

Because he's a fucking idiot. Like a lot of footballers.
Because he is intelligent. He is a City worker not a City fan. Seluk is a mentor who's been with him since he was a youth. Only an idiot will pick a club over a long-term confidant. That you can't see thst, says more about you than it does Yaya.

Because he is intelligent. He is a City worker not a City fan. Seluk is a mentor who's been with him since he was a youth. Only an idiot will pick a club over a long-term confidant.

Agree with this part. He's trusted Seluk and why not, after all he has taken him far in his career and now has him earning 250K a week for doing nothing. Will probably arrange a massive move to China next summer and split the proceeds.

[
Good post. However, the "no dickheads" ethos went on to the back burner when Tana Umaga tried to cripple Brian O'Driscoll.

The All Blacks are brilliant but their ethos is mainly to help themselves and respect for others isn't a priority. A bit like Yaya and Seluk in some ways

A bit like everyone if we are being honest.

We were willing to tolerate Seluk, Toure, and the tantrums while we needed him, but time has moved on, and the owners have obviously granted Guardiola carte blanche to handle matters as he sees fit. Not sure why it was deemed necessary to raise it in the press conference, but I expect Toure to be at the club until his contract expires.

Pep didn't bring it up when he was first asked of Yaya. It was when the journo kept on asking the same question that he decided to mention it. Even then he was casual about it.

Because he is intelligent. He is a City worker not a City fan. Seluk is a mentor who's been with him since he was a youth. Only an idiot will pick a club over a long-term confidant. That you can't see thst, says more about you than it does Yaya.
You think Seluk's actions are going to get him a better deal?

Fucking lol

The fact you think says all I need to know about you flower.

You think Seluk's actions are going to get him a better deal?

Fucking lol

The fact you think says all I need to know about you flower.
I hope this is you just pretending. as opposed to it being a true measure of your intelligence. The question is who should Yaya love more? City or Seluk. Not whether i think any action will get him a better deal. You think Yaya I'd stupid for loving Seluk more. It doesn't take much reasoning to see why Seluk is superior to City for Yaya.

And if you do respond, try to stay on issue.

I hope this is you just pretending. as opposed to it being a true measure of your intelligence. The question is who should Yaya love more? City or Seluk. Not whether i think any action will get him a better deal. You think Yaya I'd stupid for loving Seluk more. It doesn't take much reasoning to see why Seluk is superior to City for Yaya.

It matters not whether Yaya loves City or Seluk the most, if at all. What really matters is whether Yaya is willing and able to justify the kings ransom he receives from his club. For two full seasons now, the evidence is that he doesn't justify it and as the club's demands now exceed his capabilities then it's time for him and his agent to accept the inevitable and just move on and get on with what is left of his career.

It's got nothing to do with who loves who more.

It's about Yaya is obviously a fucking idiot if he thinks his agent spouting off if more likely to benefit him when it comes to his next deal or who he plays for.

It matters not whether Yaya loves City or Seluk the most, if at all. What really matters is whether Yaya is willing and able to justify the kings ransom he receives from his club. For two full seasons now, the evidence is that he doesn't justify it and as the club's demands now exceed his capabilities then it's time for him and his agent to accept the inevitable and just move on and get on with what is left of his career.
This is a different point entirely. But from a contractual point of view he earned his pay when he signed a contract both he and the club thought was deserving. It should be noted that a few years ago when Yaya and his agent thought they deserved more and started angling for more, we roundly criticized them then.

So it cannot be okay for City to want rid when we think he doesn't deserve what he is being paid, but think it unacceptable for himnto want to angle vfor more when he thinks he deserves more. It's a double standard fans fall into consistently.

Either neither side should be deemed unprofessional when they want to break a contract they willingly signed. Or both should be deemed unprofessional when they do.

I am a proponent of the former, you are not unprofessional for trying to work a better deal for yourself and the club is not unprofessional for trying to move on players they don't need. But the bottom line is, the club has the upper hand when a player is agitating for a better deal, and the player has the upper hand when the club has no need for him. Especially when it's an aging player. There really isn't much incentive for players in their twilight. And clubs can't bully them.

It's got nothing to do with who loves who more.

It's about Yaya is obviously a fucking idiot if he thinks his agent spouting off if more likely to benefit him when it comes to his next deal or who he plays for.
Well perhaps you shouldn't have responded to a discussion about who would Yaya back then.

As for his agent mouthing off, the truth is it won't affect where he goes next. Most people simply view this as a beef btw Pep and Seluk. Has nothing to do with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.