Yaya Toure apologises

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this tripe! This apology should have been forthcoming about 18 months ago. The horse has long since bolted and we're doing just fine without Yaya this season.

Let's look to the future instead of living in the past. He's gone in 8 months time anyway, let's just leave it be - he's made his bed, it'd be a shame to wake him from his slumber.

Legend for what he has achieved at this club but it need not have ended like this, and it is all his own doing.

Pep aso explicitly stated it was Seluk he wanted the apology from, not Yaya. I've yet to see evidence of the fat Ukranian's apologetic missive!

I think it's all connected with Seluk helping Yaya get into top football in the first place.

Now he seems intent on fucking up his last few years by being a bunt.

Yeah, Yaya showed remarkable and admirable loyalty to a man who invested in him from the start. But let's be honest, there's no last big money move coming now, and he has little need for an agent.

I actually think Yaya has wanted to stay and retire as a blue but Seluk was pushing for that last move, and Yaya got torn over his loyalty.

I think this may be the final straw now.

Couldn't care less about any "apology", that's all just a game and charade.

Anyone who thinks that Yaya will get anywhere near this team (beyond a token run out for the greater good) is deluded.

I very much doubt Yaya was expecting his agent to appear on the radio gobbing off, after assuring everybody only yesterday, that he wasn't going to talk about it anymore.

I agree. But it also smacks of two blokes who aren't particularly the brightest. I mean, if you think logically, you're going to release a statement like he did, you know that some wise guy journo, in this case, talksport, will immediately get on the phone to the agent who everyone knows love to hear the sound of his own voice. So you prepare for that, right? You say, right we're all clear what's happening here, I'll release a statement and you don't speak to anyone when they come calling, go it? But it seems that neither of them have actually thought it through or prepared. I reckon they're both thick.

I very much doubt Yaya was expecting his agent to appear on the radio gobbing off, after assuring everybody only yesterday, that he wasn't going to talk about it anymore.
I suspect it's all orchestrated between the two.

If not then it's a simple thing for Yaya to fix, but he seems incapable of doing so.

I hope the club just say that they cannot comment until an apology as requested is received.

Yeah, Yaya showed remarkable and admirable loyalty to a man who invested in him from the start. But let's be honest, there's no last big money move coming now, and he has little need for an agent.

I actually think Yaya has wanted to stay and retire as a blue but Seluk was pushing for that last move, and Yaya got torn over his loyalty.

I think this may be the final straw now.

Agents don't speak out with their own opinions on their clients. They are more or less puppets of the players, although they can of course manipulate. Ya Ya obviously has an enormous ego and an inflated sense of self-worth, and that's what came out in the agent's comments. We've seen it time and time again throughout his career. He is certainly not some innocent victim of a big mouth agent. If he was he would have retracted the agent's comments the following day and then sacked and sued him.

Yaya's statement:

Please see my statement on the situation at Manchester City:

"I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who represent me - to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past.

"Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there.

"I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

"I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club's history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

"On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family."
Too little, too late for me. We are stronger now without him

We don't need him now imo. We've moved on as a team and I think we play tonnes better without him.

Plus I don't really think he fits the pep system of playing. Not enough movement off the ball and no where near the passing ability he once had.

Why this apology is only just coming out is beyond me, him and that fucking agent do my head in wish they both would of just gone in the summer to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.