Yaya Toure apologises

Fuck em both.
Ain't got any time for this shit.
Pep asked for an apology on behalf of the club.

None recieved from Seluk.

Overpaid self entitled Twats.
Doesn't bother me what he has achieved with us, end of the day he was and still is a paid employee of City and is well paid to do this job, earning more money in a month than many of us do in a lifetime.

Lets move on.
The next Yaya will be discovered and will play in our Academy, and probably have alot more fucking respect for the club than that overpaid twat.

If all players are going to be made directly accountable for the utterances of their agents, even if they distance themselves from such in public, then it opens up a future can of worms imo.
If it was a one off, i'd agree with you totally, but here we are again talking about Yaya and his agent at a point we should be lording what an incredible week its been. Yaya cares about no one but himself and this is just another demonstration of that in my opinion.

If all players are going to be made directly accountable for the utterances of their agents, even if they distance themselves from such in public, then it opens up a future can of worms imo.

The can of worms of agents being able to disparage and distract clubs to get leverage for negotiation needs to be opened, spilled out, and burned. My company is accountable for the actions of all its agents. Why shouldn't a footballer? Especially if it's not a casual utterance but a pattern of lies and exaggeration.

I think yaya and seluk were hoping for a defeat against Barcelona and a victory for Dortmund to push us into 3rd in the group.
It's become clear that we'll more than likely progress to the knockout stages now and Pep has been vindicated by his stance.
Toure is being well and truly left behind and becoming more irrelevant by the day. If this season turns out to be a very successful one,he'll want some kind of recognition for himself. A penalty or free kick as a sub, anything will do.
I don't believe a word he says about respecting the club and fans. He wants recognition for himself and nobody else.
The timing does seem very odd.

Nevertheless, now that Yaya has apologized, I've no problem with him playing in our side so long as he demonstrates defensive commitment according to Pep's instructions (which I doubt will happen as Yaya has never done this before, at least while at City).

If it was a one off, i'd agree with you totally, but here we are again talking about Yaya and his agent at a point we should be lording what an incredible week its been. Yaya cares about no one but himself and this is just another demonstration of that in my opinion.

Your opinion could be correct. Or wrong.

But Yaya has distanced himself from his agent's comments, & apologised, so that is a change in the situation. City have to decide how to procede from there.

Your opinion could be correct. Or wrong.

But Yaya has distanced himself from his agent's comments, & apologised, so that is a change in the situation. City have to decide how to procede from there.
Be interesting to see how Pep reacts thats for sure, has he done his weekly presser yet? No doubt that will be the topic of question for the media.

Possibly already asked but does anyone think that this is just Seluk playing games?

He gets Yaya to apologise for Seluk and then he denies any knowledge of it? Considering that Pep wants an apology from Seluk (not Yaya) that puts the ball clearly in Peps court?

The can of worms of agents being able to disparage and distract clubs to get leverage for negotiation needs to be opened, spilled out, and burned. My company is accountable for the actions of all its agents. Why shouldn't a footballer? Especially if it's not a casual utterance but a pattern of lies and exaggeration.

So if Sterling's agent comes out & says he wants to move to Real Madrid & Sterling says, 'no I don't', we drop Sterling, thus helping his agent move him to Real Madrid.

Yaya's apology changes the situation for future players.

Can of worms.

Imo, City's best response would be to assume Yaya is genuine, side with Yaya & dump it back in his agent's lap. Then if there was any bizarre illogical plan, it has failed.

Pep said he wanted a sorry from seluk,he hasn't got it,in fact seluk has been on radio this morning saying he won't say sorry so no change in the situation at all so we carry on the same,yaya tried but his agent shot it down,it's between them two now

Possibly already asked but does anyone think that this is just Seluk playing games?

He gets Yaya to apologise for Seluk and then he denies any knowledge of it? Considering that Pep wants an apology from Seluk (not Yaya) that puts the ball clearly in Peps court?
I wouldn't put it past Seluk. I've not been following this story closely enough... if Pep is demanding an apology from Seluck, Pep should simply state that he appreciates Yaya's apology but that it is his agent who owes one. Yaya doesn't start until Seluk apologizes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.