Yaya Toure apologises

Possibly already asked but does anyone think that this is just Seluk playing games?

He gets Yaya to apologise for Seluk and then he denies any knowledge of it? Considering that Pep wants an apology from Seluk (not Yaya) that puts the ball clearly in Peps court?

It could be, of course, but in all logic, the most likely situation is Yaya just wants to get on with it, at City, for the last few months of his career.

Which is surely what any of us would want, irrespective of other stuff, if we were in his position.

The other scenarios, have no purpose & make no sense.

I wouldn't put it past Seluk. I've not been following this story closely enough... if Pep is demanding an apology from Seluck, Pep should simply state that he appreciates Yaya's apology but that it is his agent who owes one. Yaya doesn't start until Seluk apologizes.
It was definitely Seluk that Pep mentioned re. the apology, going to be an interesting presser.

Pep said he wanted a sorry from seluk,he hasn't got it,in fact seluk has been on radio this morning saying he won't say sorry so no change in the situation at all so we carry on the same,yaya tried but his agent shot it down,it's between them two now

Or Pep says to Yaya: 'if your agent won't apologse, if you want to play, you must do it & say in public that you support the club in this' So Yaya does.

We don't know.

We will have to find out.

It could be, of course, but in all logic, the most likely situation is Yaya just wants to get on with it, at City, for the last few months of his career.

Which is surely what any of us would want, irrespective of other stuff, if we were in his position.

The other scenarios, have no purpose & make no sense.
Nothing that Seluk/Yaya (impossible to separate them as individuals) have said or done has made much sense to be honest.

He just wants a few games so he can play out of his skin before the window opens. That might convince someone to give him a contract for a year or two which he can sign in January and leave on a free in the summer.
He's not being given that opportunity and with our exit from the league cup,he's even less likely to feature.
The last thing he needs is to try and convince someone to take him on having played no competitive football for a year.

Nothing that Seluk/Yaya (impossible to separate them as individuals) have said or done has made much sense to be honest.

Imo, it has always made sense, that Seluk has been largely behind it, & Yaya has refused to go against him as he's always, in Yaya's mind 'looked after him'.

Yaya has just gone against him in public, which is a new thing, no matter what anyone says, so City now have to consider, carefully, how to respond. Or it could have been done, by Yaya, in agreement with City.

We will just have to see.

If all players are going to be made directly accountable for the utterances of their agents, even if they distance themselves from such in public, then it opens up a future can of worms imo.

I don't agree - I think it's very simple: If you employ an agent and allow them to make statements on your behalf (as Yaya has done) then you are responsible for what they say. If you don't want to be responsible for what they say, then have a contract with them that reflects that and don't have them representing you in the media.

I don't agree - I think it's very simple: If you employ an agent and allow them to make statements on your behalf (as Yaya has done) then you are responsible for what they say. If you don't want to be responsible for what they say, then have a contract with them that reflects that and don't have them representing you in the media.

Then Utd already have a big problem with Pogba.

Yaya Touré has had assurances from Pep Guardiola that he will feature for City if a truce can be made with Dimitri Seluk. [@MullockSMirror]
CwaS0vxXUAAdZ77.jpg:small

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.