Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya. The Ultimate Monster

LoveCity said:
City to go all Tevez on him and simply refuse a transfer according to the Mirror's Manchester guy.

I support that stance.

BUT... if a huge offer comes in I think we will sell him.

Obviously the cake thing is just some shit analogy from his Agent.

I'd assume that Yaya knows what's going on but by hiding behind his Agent who, is almost intelligible and not speaking himself to either confirm or deny wanting a move is doing himself no favours at all.

I can live with players wanting to move but show some self respect and do it the right and classy way.

Thinking back a couple of weeks he was doing 'It's 'cos I am black and African I get no recognition on the world stage' (to paraphrase).

Tell you what mate, you get no respect because for all your size, power and ability you appear to be a wanker who has been happy to pick up a kings ransom and all the time been laughing at my club and us fans.

TCIB said:
i♥city! said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
Yaya as done more than most to win us the trophies we have won these last few years and the man is a legend.

Some of the posts on here IMO don't take what he as done for us into account.

If he wants a final pay cheque and it lies elsewhere then I for one wish him all the best and thank him for what we have achieved with him in our team, hopefully he stays

The way this as come out is embarrassing but more for him rather than the club, but let's not forget who why are talking about here and the things he as done for our club.

BEST POST ON THE THREAD !! Its a shame some of the members on this forum don't see it this way . Yaya would walk straight into the first team of any elite clubs in Europe , We should be grateful we have a player like him here.

Interesting comment for someone with such a user name.
Interesting punctuation too. Welcome to the board Dimitri

blue underpants said:
cleavers said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Don't worry, you go out and have a nice time. We will spend all day reading the thread for you and paraphrasing it.
LOL, well to be fair, I had dinner, set off for work, and have spent the last 2 hours trying to get this peice of shit PC working so I can actually do some work, but I appologise for asking for a quick summary of anything new.

andyhinch said:
Thanks very much, I'll do some work then....
We have also attracted 600 guests having a nosey
we could charge all the guests a pound each and get yaya a fucking huge cake,and still have some in the pot for jelly and ice cream for that other matter :)

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Seriously, other than not wishing him happy birthday/getting him a cake, are there any other examples that have been aired about how City have disrespected Yaya?? His agent talks as if he has a list as long as his arm.
One of the receptionists looked at him 'funny' a couple of years ago.

If he plays for us again we should throw cakes at him.

Greggs or the pound bakers could do a roaring trade.

jrb said:
Money+Stack+%2526+coins.JPG
Take a bow sir!

SalfordCityBlue said:
FanchesterCity said:
He hasn't done anything 'for' us that he wasn't paid for, and handsomely so.
He has a contract with us... a 'deal' if you will. We pay him a fortune, he helps us win things. That's it.
If a player forms any emotional attachment to the club, we as fans generally adore that, since we're a sentimental lot. But he's not done anything 'for' us out of the goodness of his heart.

This is kind of lending weight to the point, whether it is being made by Yaya or the mad Ukrainian, that Yaya would get more respect for his ability at another club?

No matter how he plays, what trophies he plays a massive part in us winning etc he does seem to lack the recognition he deserves IMO for some reason. From both the football establishment and (some) City fans - gets called a liability, lazy, fat etc way more than a truly world class player ever should, especially from fans of HIS team?

Still think this is all a storm in a teacup (again), but there is an element of truth in what is being said. Not the birthday shit though, just the recognition part. I have no idea why it happens because I think he is fucking brilliant, and always have, but it is definitely there.

I don't recall Manchester City's spokespeople saying they feel disrespected by Yaya. It's the other way around.

We gave him a contract. He signed it. He's here to play football for us. He signed a new contract last year, making him one of the highest paid players in the world in a traditional 'smaller' club (than the European elite). He's delivered his half of the bargain, just as we have delivered ours.

He doesn't command respect because he's a great footballer. Does being a poor footballer mean you deserve less respect? of course not. He earns respect with his actions as a man, and he loses respect the same way.
I will always afford respect to former players who've conducted themselves with dignity, even if they were poor players. I don't offer that just because he's helped us win things. My loyalty isn't bought with trophies, I doubt yours is.

If a player truly seeks this 'attention' and 'respect' for simply doing his job, then maybe he's not the sort of player we want at Manchester City.

LoveCity said:
City to go all Tevez on him and simply refuse a transfer according to the Mirror's Manchester guy.

Covering our backs for any potential club offering a ridiculously small fee because they think we want him out.

If 40m came in I reckon he is gone, it's pointless keeping an unhappy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.