Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Khaldoon will have a chat with Yaya, egos will be massaged, friends will be made, cake will be eaten, Yaya will stay.

mansour's tow ropes said:
andhercl said:
Hi everyone. First of all, I must say I'm from Chile, and I've been following the forum as a visitor all this year.

Regarding to the "Yayagate", I think that if he stays, he probably will end up just as Riquelme once did in Villarreal under Pellegrini. One thing that the manager doesn't tolerate is the "prima donna" attitude in any player (and that has happen previously in other clubs).

My best to all of you.
AH

Thanks AH. What does that mean Pellegrini is likely to do? Demand he is sold, drop him, strip him of vice captaincy? What happened to Riquelme in the end?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/03/14/1154679/i-was-right-to-kick-riquelme-out-of-villarreal-manuel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20 ... eal-manuel</a>

I Was Right To Kick Riquelme Out Of Villarreal – Manuel Pellegrini

The Yellow Submarine coach has recalled his decision to banish the Argentine playmaker from the team back in 2007.

As the storm surrounding Juan Roman Riquelme's shock resignation from the Argentine national team continues to brew, one of the temperamental playmaker’s former coaches, Villarreal's Manuel Pellegrini, has spoken about the confrontation they had back in 2006.

Riquelme had a disagreement with the Villarreal general director and Pellegrini, leading to his exile from the team at the start of 2007. Ultimately, this forced him to head back to Boca Juniors the following February. El Submarino’s Chilean trainer has maintained that he made the right call.

“I made the correct decision at the time and it was irreversible,” he told radio station La Red. “I do not know if it was a good or bad decision but I had to look out for the interest of the club. For me, the issue between Riquelme and Villarreal is now over because he is no longer a player at this club.”

Pellegrini, however, did not want to get involved with the midfield genius’ latest run-in.

“I’m sure that Maradona took the decision for the well-being of the team,” the Chilean explained. “But I do not want to take sides with anybody as it is not my place to do so. I have nothing to comment on what Maradona said about Riquelme.”

Don't worry, the cake has been sent ... and Khaldoon added the toppings.

poop%2Bcake.jpg

SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
I'm obviously not going to change your mind. Though, I really can't understand how you can say "Our problem is on the pitch, and relates to who will be in our squad (who's coming in and who's going out)", and then indicate that PR has nothing to do with that, before saying "(other than the players we're looking to recruit & those directly involved with such)". I could understand if your argument is that we are handling it, as Dubai's is (which I am not convinced of but I understand his argument), but yours seems contradictory. Are you perhaps arguing a point I am not making?

Perception effects all aspects of business, even in the footballing world, and perception of a lack of control, or of mainstay leaving, or of poor management (even though you and I agree completely that we have done nothing wrong) does affect operations. I just do not understand how anyone with experience in the business world can argue otherwise.

It is a PR problem whether we caused it our not; whether we are handling it or not. I'm not sure why indicating the obvious is laughable.

I'm also not sure why you are so hostile toward me, as I've just been debating with fellow blues about certain points. No need to take it personally.

I'll spell it out to you before I disappear for the next few hours:

- we need to sort things out with Yaya;
- is he going to be with us next season? (and he could be because we hold his contract and no one else might be able to afford him) or
- might he have a suitor in Barca and will we sell him on?
- who might we go after to replace him?

NONE of the above is dealt with by issuing PR releases, besides which we don't need to issue PR releases about this, which is as big of a joke (PR-wise) as you could possibly imagine.

What you think about this and what I think about it is immaterial, and any amount of press releases and posturing isn't likely to make any difference to the mammoth PR fuck-up that Yaya & his agent have created.

It's all a fait accompli.

So.. as so many others have pointed out, just relax and stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Sam the Eagle will be looking into things, as will the rest of our staff (that's those responsible for managing the team and negotiating the commercial aspects of things) whilst the good people engaged in our PR are busy writing about our community involvements and commercial operations (merchandising) not about Yaya Toure's agent's brain farts.

Thank you for confirming we are arguing different points, it saves us both time and effort of continuing the discussion. And that we come from different experience levels with operations of this kind. You seem to be taking a very myopic view of the potential effects of this situation, which is somewhat confusing given your earlier comment about thinking "it through". Long-term analysis is by definition am attempt to understand all foreseeable effects of an action or circumstance beyond the immediate or obvious.

I have to say, though, again, no need to take the debates personally.

here's a thread for you to read, especially what's on page two:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301864" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301864</a>

Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:
Lancet Fluke said:
But as has been said plenty of times before, as he hasn't spoken out against what his rep has said, we have to assume that Yaya endorses Seluk's actions. So nobody is confusing the two they are just holding Yaya responsible for the actions of the man he is employing to speak for him.
Silence does not equal endorsement. He's asked his agent to explore his options - he's said as much. But I doubt Yaya came up with Cakegate.

Well I do take his silence as his endorsement. If he didn't like what has been done he could easily have come out and say so. He might not have thought up this bullshit but he sure as fuck hasn't done anything to stop it. Getting his agent to explore options is one thing and would have been perfectly reasonable, allowing him to do what he has done in Yaya's name is quite another.
Well once his agent does the media tour he can't stop him can he. This agent has done this before. I am surprised that Yaya still associates with him because I can not see how he serves his interests.

I agree with you that exploring his options is reasonable, but to lambast the club and effectively make his player look like a baby is ridiculous, but to me that's all down to how the agent conducts himself which is not Yaya's responsibility. Ideally I'd like Yaya to speak up for himself, but I don't think we'll hear anything until he returns by which time it will have hopefully blown over.

I want the players to be 100% committed to the team, and barring the odd game Yaya has been that. And he can be again.

YaYa can leave for all I care, though I'd prefer it if he stayed.

We've forgotten Tevez and his tantrums and won the league again.

Players are replaceable.

Cobwebcat said:
Khaldoon will have a chat with Yaya, egos will be massaged, friends will be made, cake will be eaten, Yaya will stay.

I can see your point but allowing the players to go above Manuel would be the beginning if the end for Pellegrini. The open door policy shafted Mancini and I don't see our off the field leaders repeating the same mistakes.

mansour's tow ropes said:
andhercl said:
Hi everyone. First of all, I must say I'm from Chile, and I've been following the forum as a visitor all this year.

Regarding to the "Yayagate", I think that if he stays, he probably will end up just as Riquelme once did in Villarreal under Pellegrini. One thing that the manager doesn't tolerate is the "prima donna" attitude in any player (and that has happen previously in other clubs).

My best to all of you.
AH

Thanks AH. What does that mean Pellegrini is likely to do? Demand he is sold, drop him, strip him of vice captaincy? What happened to Riquelme in the end?

He was loaned to Boca, and eventually ended up there permanently after some negotiation for US$15.000.000, and baring a brief spell as a free agent he has been with Boca ever since.

andhercl said:

My best to all of you.
AH
Bueno tener más compatriotas acá.
Saludos !

Marvin said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Marvin said:
Silence does not equal endorsement. He's asked his agent to explore his options - he's said as much. But I doubt Yaya came up with Cakegate.

Well I do take his silence as his endorsement. If he didn't like what has been done he could easily have come out and say so. He might not have thought up this bullshit but he sure as fuck hasn't done anything to stop it. Getting his agent to explore options is one thing and would have been perfectly reasonable, allowing him to do what he has done in Yaya's name is quite another.
Well once his agent does the media tour he can't stop him can he. This agent has done this before. I am surprised that Yaya still associates with him because I can not see how he serves his interests.

I agree with you that exploring his options is reasonable, but to lambast the club and effectively make his player look like a baby is ridiculous, but to me that's all down to how the agent conducts himself which is not Yaya's responsibility. Ideally I'd like Yaya to speak up for himself, but I don't think we'll hear anything until he returns by which time it will have hopefully blown over.

I want the players to be 100% committed to the team, and barring the odd game Yaya has been that. And he can be again.
you think how his representative behaves is not Yaya's responsibility? You have got be fucking kidding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.