Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Mister Appointment said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Right now is the perfect time to sell Yaya Toure if you're Yaya Toure, not if you're Manchester City. That's why I think he'll be here next season and why we're all going to have to come to terms with the fact. Peg on nose time....

I think if you're City too it's hard to see his value being any higher than it is right now. So on that basis it's sort of the perfect time for City to sell too. The unfortunate thing is that he's playing this out in public. It's been said loads of times but I imagine if he'd quietly gone to the club at the end of the season and said "with everything that's happening with my brother, and the fact i've won everything there is to win in England, I'd like a new challenge", there would have been a way to find a resolution that suits everyone.

We should sell silva , zabaleta, kompany, hart too their values will never be higher. In fact a pity we didn't sell aguero and silva in 2012 when they would have been worth more. In fact fernandinho and Kolarov will never be worth more let's sell them

Or maybe not because we are a football team and are about winning matches and not selling assets at the top of the market which is what stockbrokers try to do!

EalingBlue2 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Right now is the perfect time to sell Yaya Toure if you're Yaya Toure, not if you're Manchester City. That's why I think he'll be here next season and why we're all going to have to come to terms with the fact. Peg on nose time....

I think if you're City too it's hard to see his value being any higher than it is right now. So on that basis it's sort of the perfect time for City to sell too. The unfortunate thing is that he's playing this out in public. It's been said loads of times but I imagine if he'd quietly gone to the club at the end of the season and said "with everything that's happening with my brother, and the fact i've won everything there is to win in England, I'd like a new challenge", there would have been a way to find a resolution that suits everyone.

We should sell silva , zabaleta, kompany, hart too their values will never be higher. In fact a pity we didn't sell aguero and silva in 2012 when they would have been worth more. In fact fernandinho and Kolarov will never be worth more let's sell them

Or maybe not because we are a football team and are about winning matches and not selling assets at the top of the market which is what stockbrokers try to do!
But those others want to play for us.

What has Yaya said now? Ive got a messeage from a rag saying "looks like Yaya definatley wants out. haha" but cant see any headlines

EalingBlue2 said:
Mister Appointment said:

A rather strange post considering that the players you mention all want to play for us and are not agitating for a move.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Another summer of ups and downs.
I thought we had gone past that.
I'd sell if we could get an adequate replacement. He is starting to piss me off.

Me too. And not just because of the bollocks since the end of the season.

He's obviously made a fantastic contribution to our success over the past couple of seasons. But I genuinely believe that were we to sell him - and sign a top-draw midfielder (Vidal, Kroos, Pogba) - it may allow us to evolve and improve as a team.

The_Mo said:
supercity88 said:
A lot of people are reading a lot into recent things and I think that those statements are best ignored. Yes he had a hissy fit and behaved like a bellend at the end of the season but I think right now he is unlikely to be doing much more than spending time with his family now the football season is over.

He is just a typical African player - ironic that they come from nothing and then act like the greediest and most selfish c**ts in the world. Nearly every African team in the World Cup had issues over player bonuses despite all but Algeria being shite. Not one gives a toss about the fans, the shirt, their club or country. I have said before too that Yaya is only interested in the big games. He could be up there with Messi and Ronaldo in terms of reputation if only he tried as hard in every game he played. He can run 60 yards with the ball and bury it in the bottom corner and the only reason he doesn't do it more often is his attitude.

This is probably the last opportunity we have to get rid of him for decent money. No rival in this country would have him and there are options out there. I wouldn't say there is a player who is directly comparable to him but we can re-shape our side playing Fernando and Fernandinho centrally and Silva in the no.10 role behind a striker. Vidal would be the best replacement for instant impact, Pogba one who could go on to be a real talent.
1. You do understand Messi and Ronaldo had conflict with their clubs over new contracts right?

2. Have you ever thought that the African football clubs were unfairly keeping the bonuses of their players?

3. As another member pointed out, there are a lot of non African footballers who have done similar, or worse to get a new contract.

Now stop being rascist.

You are twisted mate, how do you get he is racist from that post?

Go be outraged at someone else because that comment is well wide of the mark.

Bilboblue said:
The_Mo said:
supercity88 said:
A lot of people are reading a lot into recent things and I think that those statements are best ignored. Yes he had a hissy fit and behaved like a bellend at the end of the season but I think right now he is unlikely to be doing much more than spending time with his family now the football season is over.

He is just a typical African player - ironic that they come from nothing and then act like the greediest and most selfish c**ts in the world. Nearly every African team in the World Cup had issues over player bonuses despite all but Algeria being shite. Not one gives a toss about the fans, the shirt, their club or country. I have said before too that Yaya is only interested in the big games. He could be up there with Messi and Ronaldo in terms of reputation if only he tried as hard in every game he played. He can run 60 yards with the ball and bury it in the bottom corner and the only reason he doesn't do it more often is his attitude.

This is probably the last opportunity we have to get rid of him for decent money. No rival in this country would have him and there are options out there. I wouldn't say there is a player who is directly comparable to him but we can re-shape our side playing Fernando and Fernandinho centrally and Silva in the no.10 role behind a striker. Vidal would be the best replacement for instant impact, Pogba one who could go on to be a real talent.
1. You do understand Messi and Ronaldo had conflict with their clubs over new contracts right?

2. Have you ever thought that the African football clubs were unfairly keeping the bonuses of their players?

3. As another member pointed out, there are a lot of non African footballers who have done similar, or worse to get a new contract.

Now stop being rascist.[/quote]

He said Rascist, not racist.

What El Presidente has done to offend him,though, is anyone's guess.

Bilboblue said:
The_Mo said:
supercity88 said:

Now stop being rascist.

No it's not. I'm amazed how many people think it's ok to label African footballers as greedy, selfish, and lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.