Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

EalingBlue2 said:
We should sell silva , zabaleta, kompany, hart too their values will never be higher. In fact a pity we didn't sell aguero and silva in 2012 when they would have been worth more. In fact fernandinho and Kolarov will never be worth more let's sell them

Or maybe not because we are a football team and are about winning matches and not selling assets at the top of the market which is what stockbrokers try to do!

Two key differences:

A) This asset is (allegedly) behaving badly, which could force the issue.
B) It his entirely predictable that he will be worth a fraction of today's price in a year's time.

But you probably knew that anyway.

I think in line with previous posters if he doesn't want to stay he can go - sooner the better. Getting sick of his and his agents whining now - we want £40m + for the guy - I don't give a fuck whether he can get somebody else to pay him what we are or not thats the gamble he takes

Before he gets too arsey though he had better remember the FFP rules - PSG have probably shot their bolt on Luiz ( Lol after last night ) so who else would have him?

We can afford to replace him and will find somebody to do so - thing is he may have to revise his contact expectations from a new club who will see him as a ageing whining **** as much as he will be an asset.

All players have to remember that when at a top club you cannot be bigger than that club and its supporters

sir baconface said:
EalingBlue2 said:
We should sell silva , zabaleta, kompany, hart too their values will never be higher. In fact a pity we didn't sell aguero and silva in 2012 when they would have been worth more. In fact fernandinho and Kolarov will never be worth more let's sell them

Or maybe not because we are a football team and are about winning matches and not selling assets at the top of the market which is what stockbrokers try to do!

Two key differences:

A) This asset is (allegedly) behaving badly, which could force the issue.
B) It his entirely predictable that he will be worth a fraction of today's price in a year's time.

But you probably knew that anyway.

I'm lost with that original post

Mister Appointment said:
Bilboblue said:
The_Mo said:
1. You do understand Messi and Ronaldo had conflict with their clubs over new contracts right?

2. Have you ever thought that the African football clubs were unfairly keeping the bonuses of their players?

3. As another member pointed out, there are a lot of non African footballers who have done similar, or worse to get a new contract.

Now stop being rascist.

You are twisted mate, how do you get he is racist from that post?

Go be outraged at someone else because that comment is well wide of the mark.

No it's not. I'm amazed how many people think it's ok to label African footballers as greedy, selfish, and lazy.

Why is it not ok? It's no more or less racist than saying the attitudes of Americans towards football (soccer) is very poor in general, he's not directly linking their motives or actions to their skin colours, it's merely an observation that numerous players from that specific continent act in a certain manner. It's not a race issue, it's maybe a mentality issue, social issue, economical issue, at no point however does he state that it's a "black player issue".....go and find a distasteful joke about Rolf Harris to offend yourself with, there's really nothing here.

Every day that goes by without him apologising is dissaponting. Expect him to stay another year but I'd play him further up the pitch so of he gives one of his 'can't be arsed games' he won't cost us big. Could have been a legend, but he's too greedy or thick, or more than likely both

dan.j.mcfc said:
It's not a race issue, it's maybe a mentality issue, social issue, economical issue, at no point however does he state that it's a "black player issue".....go and find a distasteful joke about Rolf Harris to offend yourself with, there's really nothing here.

Care to explain how the mentality of an African athlete is different from the mentality of say, an English athlete? And where do you draw the line when making this ignorant sweeping generalisation? Is Nasri and African athlete in this context or a French one?

Lets look at social and economic issues next. How is it different growing up in extreme poverty in Africa as opposed to Brazil or Argentina? Do you think Carlos Tevez is descended from Africans because he has moved around so much during his career for money and has shown no loyalty to any club he's been at?

Skashion said:
Does nobody else trust the club to handle it as I do?

Yeah definitely. I think we have the right people in charge of these things to ensure whatever happens it'll be for the long term good of the club.

Mister Appointment said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
It's not a race issue, it's maybe a mentality issue, social issue, economical issue, at no point however does he state that it's a "black player issue".....go and find a distasteful joke about Rolf Harris to offend yourself with, there's really nothing here.

Care to explain how the mentality of an African athlete is different from the mentality of say, an English athlete? And where do you draw the line when making this ignorant sweeping generalisation? Is Nasri and African athlete in this context or a French one?

Lets look at social and economic issues next. How is it different growing up in extreme poverty in Africa as opposed to Brazil or Argentina? Do you think Carlos Tevez is descended from Africans because he has moved around so much during his career for money and has shown no loyalty to any club he's been at?

First of all Nasri is quite clearly French, having been born in France and spending the first 21 years of his life there, unless you were referring to a specific point about Nasri that I've missed? To answer your second question I'd be willing to draw the line at ignorant sweeping generalisations (which I'm not doing), when they directly refer to someones skin colour/race. Talking about a general attitude towards football in regards to what part of the world they come from is completely fine, or is it now racist to say that Brazilian children are more dedicated towards football than English children? As I've said previously there are number of factors which contribute to the mentality of people from different parts of the world, NOT THEIR SKIN COLOUR.

Ok lets look at the difference between poverty in Brazil and for arguments sake the Ivory Coast, the fact the under 20% of Brazilians live below the national poverty line and nearly half of Ivorian's live in poverty would give you the idea that it's generally much tougher in Africa than South America, although you probably already know, that Africa is by some distance the poorest continent in the world.

I'm still however failing to see a connection to race anywhere here? I base the mentality of certain people on their social and economic factors, again not on skin colour. If say 100 hundred newborn Somalian children were adopted by British parents, I'm guessing here, but I'd make the claim their attitude, character and life choices would be slightly different than if they stayed in their native homeland. Due to numerous things, including upbringing, education, job prospects, health service etc...most definitely not RACE. You seem adamant that it's somehow offensive to make claims about people from different parts of the world and that it somehow refers to their skin colour, can I ask why?

Major Edit**

People from all continents are twats based on all manner of things; Tevez, Toure, Barton, me, etc....In fact all humans in general are manipulative, lying, greedy, vile creatures, hows that for sweeping generalisation :)

Mister Appointment said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

Exactly, I even made a post a while back highlighting the hypocrisy in these types of posts. And for as much as posters want to dig in and create their own narrative of Yaya's thoughts and motivations why is there reverse outrage when we call posters out on their crap? The parallels have already been drawn that damn near every professional athlete in any sport, from any country acts the exact same way people are labeling Yaya yet run in back to "typical African player" line. These sweeping generalizations have racial undertones in them and we all know that since those who continue to push this type of narrative willfully remain ignorant. You want Yaya to just come out and say he wants to leave, come out and just say you hate African players. For every few "typical African types" there's hundred more going back to their countries and building schools and other programs, building homes for families, creating football pitches for kids, fighting against their FA's and corrupt governments for the betterment of their National Team for future players(Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon if you actually did research), what's the label you call those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.