Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

MillionDollarDream said:
Mister Appointment said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
It's not a race issue, it's maybe a mentality issue, social issue, economical issue, at no point however does he state that it's a "black player issue".....go and find a distasteful joke about Rolf Harris to offend yourself with, there's really nothing here.

Care to explain how the mentality of an African athlete is different from the mentality of say, an English athlete? And where do you draw the line when making this ignorant sweeping generalisation? Is Nasri and African athlete in this context or a French one?

Lets look at social and economic issues next. How is it different growing up in extreme poverty in Africa as opposed to Brazil or Argentina? Do you think Carlos Tevez is descended from Africans because he has moved around so much during his career for money and has shown no loyalty to any club he's been at?

Exactly, I even made a post a while back highlighting the hypocrisy in these types of posts. And for as much as posters want to dig in and create their own narrative of Yaya's thoughts and motivations why is there reverse outrage when we call posters out on their crap? The parallels have already been drawn that damn near every professional athlete in any sport, from any country acts the exact same way people are labeling Yaya yet run in back to "typical African player" line. These sweeping generalizations have racial undertones in them and we all know that since those who continue to push this type of narrative willfully remain ignorant. You want Yaya to just come out and say he wants to leave, come out and just say you hate African players. For every few "typical African types" there's hundred more going back to their countries and building schools and other programs, building homes for families, creating football pitches for kids, fighting against their FA's and corrupt governments for the betterment of their National Team for future players(Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon if you actually did research), what's the label you call those?

Read my edit, tell me a continent on earth that isn't full of greedy, ego polishing twats.

Absolutely no racism on here, people who try to make out there is out of nothing are nearly as bad as the real racists

"French football expert" Julien Laurens said on talkSPORT before that PSG won't make a bid for Yaya.

With Barca signing Rakitic and building a young squad, I'd be interested to know where Yaya thinks he could end up. His former club Monaco?

I don't like generalisations BUT I think that there is a correlation between childhood poverty and an obsession with money.
Basically if you were born dirt poor you always fear that you may run out of money at some point in your life no matter
how unlikely it may be. I think Jamie & Harry Redknapp probably look at life very differently. One was the son of a
professional footballer while the other was the son of a docker. Don Revie & George Graham were both from poor
backgrounds and it showed in some of their actions. Multiply that x1000 and you have the "typical" African player.
In South America there is a mix of fairly rich and very poor and Zabba & Tevez came from very different backgrounds which partly
explains their very different attitudes. The other thing that has been mentioned is the fact that a lot of African
players donate a large part of their wages to charity. I believe Adebayor is one. This obviously adds to their desperation
to maximise their earnings in what is a very short career. It's a question of poverty not race.

although all the comments made on behalf of toure , have not actually come from the player himself , he should make a statement either confirming his unhappiness with the club or deny everything , but while he says fuck all, he is disrespecting our club and supporters . Tevez thought he was bigger than the club , and he was put in his place and took a reportedly £100k a week less to join juventus , perhaps yaya should look at his bank balance and the percentage his dickhead agent is stealing from him , and he might just come to his senses . One thing is for sure , he doesnt play for us , for the love of the club , like the majority of professional footballers , they are in it for the money , the trophies are a bonus.

When is he expected to be back? Ivory Coast ended the WC on 24th of June. That was two weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.