Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Can't wait for his "official" statement. Part of me thinks it's all going to tally with the crap in the paper but another part thinks it's all been bollocks and he'll declare he still loves us

Benarbia said:
Can't wait for his "official" statement. Part of me thinks it's all going to tally with the crap in the paper but another part thinks it's all been bollocks and he'll declare he still loves us

When it originally came up they spun it that he couldn't wait to make a comment but Ivory Coast has been out for a long time now and he still hasn't addressed it. When you factor that with the whole "He wants a front office job after retirement" backtrack I think this story is going to go away quietly.

He should report back for trainings 3 weeks after he finished WC or maybe 4 weeks depending on what other WC players get as extra holdiay.
If its 3 weeks than he should join around the team already on the Scottish tour before the Hearts game if its 4 weeks then its on the US tour few days before the end of July.

Would hope we hear some info about him until that but cant see much happening on this front.

As a potential move clearly would need a big reaction from us on the transfer market the sooner it becomes clear the better.

Yaya Toure

Yaya is in a bad place IMHO. Not just with City but with football in general. I do not believe the recent incidents are just about City. He was not happy with the recognition of African players in February, or the lack of recognition for him in the media player awards in April/May.... And so it goes on. All this at a time of family strife. The City stuff is just more of the same. My guess is the guy has fallen out of love with football at the moment.
I agree with him about his lack of recognition though. His free kicks and his goals v Sunderland , Crystal Palace and Villa were OUTSTANDING. Any one of those scored by Rooney would still be on constant replay. Instead he gets a bit of coverage at the time and a big debate about a fluke at wembley . None of these goals even made the goal of the season short list. I would be well pissed off as well.
He owes us nothing. That is the way of modern football. He has given us a lot of what we now celebrate. Those that feel disrespected need to unknot your knickers. Stop watching SSN and reading the gutter press and watch the football instead. If he goes then good luck to the fella and thanks. If he stays then even better.

Hart of the matter said:
Yaya is in a bad place IMHO. Not just with City but with football in general. I do not believe the recent incidents are just about City. He was not happy with the recognition of African players in February, or the lack of recognition for him in the media player awards in April/May.... And so it goes on. All this at a time of family strife. The City stuff is just more of the same. My guess is the guy has fallen out of love with football at the moment.
I agree with him about his lack of recognition though. His free kicks and his goals v Sunderland , Crystal Palace and Villa were OUTSTANDING. Any one of those scored by Rooney would still be on constant replay. Instead he gets a bit of coverage at the time and a big debate about a fluke at wembley . None of these goals even made the goal of the season short list. I would be well pissed off as well.
He owes us nothing. That is the way of modern football. He has given us a lot of what we now celebrate. Those that feel disrespected need to unknot your knickers. Stop watching SSN and reading the gutter press and watch the football instead. If he goes then good luck to the fella and thanks. If he stays then even better.

I have not watched ssn for months and do not intend to, i susbscribe to the times and read that pretty exclusively.

He owes us his services as a PROFESSIONAL footballer as that is what he is paid for. I am sick of people making excuses for his actions.
If a fella acted like this at my company i would sack him at worst and at best tell him in no uncertain terms of his responsibilities.

Hart of the matter said:

Very much my thoughts. The problems concerning City that were printed in the papers are not aimed at the club, the manager, his teammates or the fans. If the story dies away quietly, fine by me.

TCIB said:
Hart of the matter said:

I have not watched ssn for months and do not intend to, i susbscribe to the times and read that pretty exclusively.

He owes us his services as a PROFESSIONAL footballer as that is what he is paid for. I am sick of people making excuses for his actions.
If a fella acted like this at my company i would sack him at worst and at best tell him in no uncertain terms of his responsibilities.

He's fulfilled his professional requirements up to this point and all this stuff that's been going on has been after the season has been completed. So you're saying you'd sack an employe who might be voicing a bit of frustration on what's comparable to being on his holiday? If any of this stuff that's been said lately is actually true...before discussing this matter privately?

MillionDollarDream said:
TCIB said:
Hart of the matter said:

He's fulfilled his professional requirements up to this point and all this stuff that's been going on has been after the season has been completed. So you're saying you'd sack an employe who might be voicing a bit of frustration on what's comparable to being on his holiday? If any of this stuff that's been said lately is actually true...before discussing this matter privately?

Voicing a bit of frustration? he defamed the club and told bare faced lies unless you choose to believe him over City which you seem to do.
He is still a Manchester City employee, if the season has ended or not it is not a factor besides in your head.
He has acted in an unprofessional manner whilst under said contract, it is really not hard to understand.

It is not comparable to your average joe on holiday at all, your talking shit.

The word professional when applied to footballers always tickles me. The term means they are payed to play and no longer amateur. It does not mean professional in the sense of a doctor, Judge or teacher. Ie with wider responsibilities. To confuse the two is missing the point. They have talented feet for FFS, they are not diplomats with degrees from Oxford.

Hart of the matter said:
The word professional when applied to footballers always tickles me. The term means they are payed to play and no longer amateur. It does not mean professional in the sense of a doctor, Judge or teacher. Ie with wider responsibilities. To confuse the two is missing the point. They have talented feet for FFS, they are not diplomats with degrees from Oxford.

I am missing no point, he has a responsibility to act in a professional manner, he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.