Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

It won't effect me if he stays or not but I have a feeling he might and everything will be forgotten when the league kicks of

coleridge said:
So he stays and continues to be a mard-arse. That would make you happy? Strange.

In a way he's been that ever since he arrived with his quotes, not often with his feet. I"m pretty sure he made you happy a lot of times.
Yaya and his agent are the kind that whenever they speak (and this summer a lot has come from the French media who I believe are not better nor more trustworthy than any of the tabloids over here) it seems to bring a few little waves to the surface. That's about it. Nothing against the club, his manager, his teammates or the fans. Just pointed at a few people that in his opinion should have acted better.

It's like Exeter Blue states: this is the most boring thread in the making.

Yaya has been a bit of a turd but is going through a tough time, his agent has been a bigger turd by bringing Yaya's mentalist attitude to the attention of the world's press, hoping to get a few quid out of it & some fans have been the biggest turds of all, willing to jump on every word & not even give an ounce of leeway, expecting a loyalty from a player they are ready to hang at a moment's notice.

To each other you probably appear as knights in blue armour depfending the honour of the club. To those who prefer to wait & see, you don't come out of it very well at all.

One entitity oozes class in all of this. MCFC.

Dignified, controlled, quiet class. No kneejerks, no soundbites, no bullshit outrage, just class.

They will decide what's best for the club & act, & whatever that is, gets my 100% backing.

MCFC= class. Some of you lot on the other hand....

Here (hopefully) is that picture I mentioned. No idea when or where it was taken (Abu Dhabi, perhaps).

1okls0.jpg

eversince 76 said:
coleridge said:
So he stays and continues to be a mard-arse. That would make you happy? Strange.

In a way he's been that ever since he arrived with his quotes, not often with his feet. I"m pretty sure he made you happy a lot of times.
Yaya and his agent are the kind that whenever they speak (and this summer a lot has come from the French media who I believe are not better nor more trustworthy than any of the tabloids over here) it seems to bring a few little waves to the surface. That's about it. Nothing against the club, his manager, his teammates or the fans. Just pointed at a few people that in his opinion should have acted better.

It's like Exeter Blue states: this is the most boring thread in the making.

The few people you refer to are at the club. I don't remember him saying anything positive since the last day of the season. It's about what has been said since, not what 'kinda people' said it.

mad zab said:
The disappointing thing about all this is that Yaya is loved by the club and fans (or was)

I can understand players wanting to move for different reasons, after all clubs move them on quickly enough when they don't cut the mustard.

The most disappointing thing for me is that it is played out in the media who just can't wait to give us shit.

I would have more respect for players if they kept it between them and the club and asked for a transfer without running to the media.

I will always be grateful for what Yaya has done for this club, but it is a shame he is tarnishing his image with the fans.

this

Whilst it's been a PR disaster and his agent is positioning for a move, I can't agree with some of the comments about simply shipping him out and replacing him with a Vidal or Barkley.

This guy plays when it matters, you can't simply buy that. I know that come May next season if we have to win at the likes of Spurs and Swansea to clinch the league who I'd want in the team.

As Ric said, we're a fickle lot. Everything that's been said has come through his agent with nothing definitive from Toure himself. He's been through a lot recently and I'd imagine a statement of commitment to the club would win the majority of us back round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.