Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

gordondaviesmoustache said:
BringBackSwales said:
I find it very disappointing, the number of Blues who are coming on here and calling Yaya a c***. Whilst I can fully understand the serious disappointment many people now have in him, I think that continually calling him a c*** is really overstepping the mark.

However what I find particularly offensive is the fact that a moderator can not only keep calling Yaya a c***, but can also regularly use the same term to several posters who have a different view to him about Yaya. Maybe Ric could explain how this fits into the Bluemoon code of conduct which insists on "showing respect to fellow posters", "not being aggressive", and (this bit really makes me laugh) "showing moderators the respect they deserve" - how does that work when a moderator calls fellow Blues c**** for not having the same opinion as him about Yaya Toure? Indeed how could a moderator ever ban a poster again for abusing another poster when a moderator is allowed to regularly call people c****?

I also think it somewhat smacks of pots and black kettles when the same person just over a year ago was saying about following City "I just can't be arsed" and "I just don't care anymore" and "I'm considering missing the remaining home games" - imagine if Yaya had come out with comments like that? Mind you we were about 15 points off the top of the league at the time.
I think you need to get out more.

says the guy with 23,000 posts

BringBackSwales said:
BringBackSwales said:
I find it very disappointing, the number of Blues who are coming on here and calling Yaya a c***. Whilst I can fully understand the serious disappointment many people now have in him, I think that continually calling him a c*** is really overstepping the mark.

However what I find particularly offensive is the fact that a moderator can not only keep calling Yaya a c***, but can also regularly use the same term to several posters who have a different view to him about Yaya. Maybe Ric could explain how this fits into the Bluemoon code of conduct which insists on "showing respect to fellow posters", "not being aggressive", and (this bit really makes me laugh) "showing moderators the respect they deserve" - how does that work when a moderator calls fellow Blues c**** for not having the same opinion as him about Yaya Toure? Indeed how could a moderator ever ban a poster again for abusing another poster when a moderator is allowed to regularly call people c****?

I also think it somewhat smacks of pots and black kettles when the same person just over a year ago was saying about following City "I just can't be arsed" and "I just don't care anymore" and "I'm considering missing the remaining home games" - imagine if Yaya had come out with comments like that? Mind you we were about 15 points off the top of the league at the time.

You must remember my brain works much faster than yours. Think of it in terms of dog years. A single post that takes me a few seconds to conceive and compose would take you a couple of hours. On a good day.

BringBackSwales said:

You must remember my brain works much faster than yours. Think of it in terms of dog years. A single post that takes me a few seconds to conceive and compose would take you a couple of hours. On a good day.

yes, well that post was certainly right up there with build a bonfire and nick nack paddy wack in its intellectual maturity

BringBackSwales said:
BringBackSwales said:

yes, well that post was certainly right up there with build a bonfire and nick nack paddy wack in its intellectual maturity
Just a statement of fact, mate :-)

BringBackSwales said:

Woof

BobKowalski said:
BringBackSwales said:

Woof
I can always rely on you to sit up and beg, Bob.

Can we just delete this thread and maybe start another up when we know for sure what yayas intention is ? Lee should be ashamed of ourselves to let it get this out of control.

City Raider said:
Whilst it's been a PR disaster and his agent is positioning for a move, I can't agree with some of the comments about simply shipping him out and replacing him with a Vidal or Barkley.

This guy plays when it matters, you can't simply buy that. I know that come May next season if we have to win at the likes of Spurs and Swansea to clinch the league who I'd want in the team.

As Ric said, we're a fickle lot. Everything that's been said has come through his agent with nothing definitive from Toure himself. He's been through a lot recently and I'd imagine a statement of commitment to the club would win the majority of us back round.

This is the way I feel about it. No worse than the Tevez thing and I forgave him.

Googoo said:
sir baconface said:
Googoo said:
Interesting to see the better the team gets the worse some "fans" get. Language is appalling which is presumably to mask lack of rational argument. Whole thread is quite ridiculous and think there must be some all minded brainless agenda against YaYa by some who don't seem to have anything else to do

A bit condescending, if I might say so, and not the first time you've complained about language and opinions on Bluemoon. Yes, it's a bit dysfunctional at times but that's part of the attraction.

Your user name suggests you like more cerebral stuff. If this is not the environment for you, there is an easy solution.

It's not bad language I object to but the context. If it was bad language I would never go to a match or the pub etc . I agree with many that the whole issue has been too drawn out and certainly YaYa and his camp should have behaved better but by calling him obscene names over and over again(obviously some trying to be funny but not really doing it for me) or not even having the grace to call him by his name instead referring to him as "the c&nt" I really can't understand.
As for "disrespecting the club" no one as far as I can see although I haven't read all the posts has explained what this actually means! Please tell me what it does mean. Presumably to keep on referring to one of our most iconic players in this manner must imply that he has done the club serious harm but I can't see any evidence for that - in fact all the evidence points to the stock of the club increasing on all fronts. So at this moment what real harm had been done other than some silly headlines which City have had to put up with for ages for all sorts of reasons. Secondly, what is the club? It' s a collection of stakeholders with varying degrees of interest - owners, fans, players, managers, staff employees but it is not an entity with one train of thought or consciousness nor is it a human being with things that are very personal or deeply held beliefs. That's only my view but who/what exactly is he disrespecting - I don 't feel disrespected as s fan of 42 year and I honestly can't say what Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, MP etc feel and I don't know how others can deduce they have felt disrespected.
So, yes it's a real shame that all this has happened and if he really is angling for a transfer in a sneaky and underhand way and events end up having a detrimental effect on the team then he, his agent ( who basically is to blame in my view) will obviously face a lot of anger over actions and I would also feel angry. Also, I would then be upset with the club hierarchy if this does drag on but as yet none of this has happened so I think there just is a huge over reaction and done in such a nasty way.

fully understand your point of view but its all subjective. we all see things differently. I see or imply no humour when I call him a ****. forget football for a minute, he is everything I hate in a person in everyday walk of life. he's a greedy coward and a liar. he simply wont come out and say "thanks but I fancy a change" or "I'd like to live in Paris" the reason for this is money, he loses loyalty bonuses in if he does that. what sort of a man thinks up bullshit like they didn't buy me a cake so I'm off? I mean what the fuck. I could go on but to me the worse part of this guys pathetic attempt to force our owners arm is the timing. we were crowned champions and all was looking rosy, we were all proud as fuck and the envy of the rest of football. LESS THAN ONE WEEK LATER this guy starts all this crap. maximum impact to feed the haters that all is not well at city. whereas we know that's not the case. we know deep down yaya has been happy here and the only time there has been any issue is when he and his snakelike agent want more money. he's a brilliant footballer, not as good or as consistent as people are making out but on his day, get that on HIS day, he's unplayable. what a shame then that his greed and cowardice with leave a bitter taste in the mouth of all blues who worshipped him whilst he was here.
whatever he does, where ever he plays, or how many wonderful goals he scores, be it even for us, he will always be a rotten egg.

ps. I hope my lack of the use of the word **** pleases you. I did my best.

de niro said:
Googoo said:
sir baconface said:
A bit condescending, if I might say so, and not the first time you've complained about language and opinions on Bluemoon. Yes, it's a bit dysfunctional at times but that's part of the attraction.

Your user name suggests you like more cerebral stuff. If this is not the environment for you, there is an easy solution.

It's not bad language I object to but the context. If it was bad language I would never go to a match or the pub etc . I agree with many that the whole issue has been too drawn out and certainly YaYa and his camp should have behaved better but by calling him obscene names over and over again(obviously some trying to be funny but not really doing it for me) or not even having the grace to call him by his name instead referring to him as "the c&nt" I really can't understand.
As for "disrespecting the club" no one as far as I can see although I haven't read all the posts has explained what this actually means! Please tell me what it does mean. Presumably to keep on referring to one of our most iconic players in this manner must imply that he has done the club serious harm but I can't see any evidence for that - in fact all the evidence points to the stock of the club increasing on all fronts. So at this moment what real harm had been done other than some silly headlines which City have had to put up with for ages for all sorts of reasons. Secondly, what is the club? It' s a collection of stakeholders with varying degrees of interest - owners, fans, players, managers, staff employees but it is not an entity with one train of thought or consciousness nor is it a human being with things that are very personal or deeply held beliefs. That's only my view but who/what exactly is he disrespecting - I don 't feel disrespected as s fan of 42 year and I honestly can't say what Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, MP etc feel and I don't know how others can deduce they have felt disrespected.
So, yes it's a real shame that all this has happened and if he really is angling for a transfer in a sneaky and underhand way and events end up having a detrimental effect on the team then he, his agent ( who basically is to blame in my view) will obviously face a lot of anger over actions and I would also feel angry. Also, I would then be upset with the club hierarchy if this does drag on but as yet none of this has happened so I think there just is a huge over reaction and done in such a nasty way.

fully understand your point of view but its all subjective. we all see things differently. I see or imply no humour when I call him a c**t. forget football for a minute, he is everything I hate in a person in everyday walk of life. he's a greedy coward and a liar. he simply wont come out and say "thanks but I fancy a change" or "I'd like to live in Paris" the reason for this is money, he loses loyalty bonuses in if he does that. what sort of a man thinks up bullshit like they didn't buy me a cake so I'm off? I mean what the fuck. I could go on but to me the worse part of this guys pathetic attempt to force our owners arm is the timing. we were crowned champions and all was looking rosy, we were all proud as fuck and the envy of the rest of football. LESS THAN ONE WEEK LATER this guy starts all this crap. maximum impact to feed the haters that all is not well at city. whereas we know that's not the case. we know deep down yaya has been happy here and the only time there has been any issue is when he and his snakelike agent want more money. he's a brilliant footballer, not as good or as consistent as people are making out but on his day, get that on HIS day, he's unplayable. what a shame then that his greed and cowardice with leave a bitter taste in the mouth of all blues who worshipped him whilst he was here.
whatever he does, where ever he plays, or how many wonderful goals he scores, be it even for us, he will always be a rotten egg.

ps. I hope my lack of the use of the word c**t pleases you. I did my best.

Well, one use of the word is an improvement but you yourself say you see no humour in calling YaYa a c*unt which is the point- it smacks of pettiness and nastiness. As you say it's subjective and fair enough but it just seems a tad over the top about he's everything you hate in a human being! Sure , most people think cowardly behaviour if this is what it is in this context is poor behaviour but you hate him. Well I also hate footballers for all sorts of football reasons but not sure I really understand your reasoning unless it's for something other than football which takes you into dangerous territory in my view.

Let's say you are right in all you say about he himself agitating for a move - are you really saying that comes close to outweighing what he has done on the pitch and probably the dressing room for us? If so, with respect that is a) buzzard b) out of all perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.