Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Damocles said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Well, last season we basically gave him the contract he wanted. 4 year contract for a 30 year old is unheard of .

Will we bend over this time ? I don't know.

Errr...no it's not. It's not even uncommon. It's not even uncommon inside of City

It is when it's £220k per week!!!

Somewhat interestingly, do you know what the original source of that £220k a week wage figure for Yaya was?

Dmitry Seluk in an interview with the Sun when he first signed. He claimed Yaya "could earn over £200k a week" if bonus conditions were met. Rodney Marsh who was on the radio at the time then claimed his wage was £220k and it has stuck since then.

I'm always fascinated on how these little pieces of information become well known. You see now the newspapers who read those quotes put in their article that Yaya is on £220k a week and they can tenuously source it to quotes from his agent. And anybody else in the future sees that The Times puts his wage at £220k so therefore that's a reliable source. It's a sort of feedback loop, xkcd did a comic about it:

[bigimg]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/citogenesis.png[/bigimg]

BillyShears said:
M18CTID said:
I don't recall as much mouth-foaming on here back then.

Genuine question - have you read all of Seluk's first interview in the Sun ? The one where he talks about Txiki (or maybe Soriano) sweeping the streets of London after City lose the title. Where he mocks us potentially signing Fernado. The one where he says this "They don't know that money can't buy relationships – no Sheikh can buy a relationship."

City have shown in the last two years that characters who don't buy into the #together #holistic approach are fucked off quickly. Tevez, Balo, and Mancini went within 6 months. There were plenty of compelling footballing reasons for keeping all three of them. Just as there are for Yaya. But my opinion is that the comments will have infuriated the club because they fly directly in the face of the image AD is trying to build for itself and for City as a club.

Yes, I've seen those quotes but they weren't from Yaya's mouth so I doubt anyone inside the club is taking them too seriously. He said similar stuff last year about Yaya not being appreciated which in itself could amount to an attack on our owner but those comments weren't retracted, Yaya signed a new deal shortly after in which he said a lot of complementary things that completely contradicted Seluk's quotes, and it was all quickly forgotten about.

Anyway, it could be that Yaya has already been in touch with the club and put the record straight behind the scenes. Just because he hasn't said anything in public doesn't mean it hasn't already been smoothed over.

stony said:
The club have tweeted him this.

donaldbirthday.gif

^^ Is that Phillip Drummond having a stroke?

Damocles said:
Damocles said:
Errr...no it's not. It's not even uncommon. It's not even uncommon inside of City

Somewhat interestingly, do you know what the original source of that £220k a week wage figure for Yaya was?

Dmitry Seluk in an interview with the Sun when he first signed. He claimed Yaya "could earn over £200k a week" if bonus conditions were met. Rodney Marsh who was on the radio at the time then claimed his wage was £220k and it has stuck since then.

I'm always fascinated on how these little pieces of information become well known. You see now the newspapers who read those quotes put in their article that Yaya is on £220k a week and they can tenuously source it to quotes from his agent. And anybody else in the future sees that The Times puts his wage at £220k so therefore that's a reliable source. It's a sort of feedback loop, xkcd did a comic about it:

Mere semantics bud

The truth is it could be £199k or £250k, the point being his contract is one of the best in the world in football and his age was not a factor when rewarding him with it last year, now it is!!!!

Damocles said:
Damocles said:

haha, love that. Plus with Yaya having his basic renegotiated down, one that was already under £200k even if you took Seluk by his word (HA!), it's just not £220k a week, and it certainly isn't when he's moaning about cake and not playing for us.

Mere semantics bud

The truth is it could be £199k or £250k, the point being his contract is one of the best in the world in football and his age was not a factor when rewarding him with it last year, now it is!!!!

True but I'm nothing if not tiresomely pedantic.

Ballymagash Blue said:
unsworthblue said:
ok Yaya's an absolute **** and he's not that good either,he's constantly slagging our club off and pretending that he's injured,i wonder what other startling revelations will be broadcast on talkshite today or written in the scum newspaper,fuck me i'd hate to be in the trenches with some of you lot,I can't see what Yaya Toure has said to make everyone hate him so much? his agents on drugs ok but whats Yaya done apart from play unbelievable world class football for gods own football club

Some of us have been trying to point this out, and taking ferocious abuse for doing so. The hatred expressed towards Yaya on these pages is just incredible.

Football is a passionate sport, supporting a team can and should be a very emotional experience. When someone whom you have worshipped shits on you, it's a natural reaction to be angry with them.
If you don't get this, you don't get football, or life.
As for the abuse directed towards certain posters. These posters are never around when we win, I don't see their names on threads celebrating the League cup or the Premier title.
Yet they crawl out of the woodwork for things like this, just to have a sly pop at City fans who are rightly disappointed or angered by Yaya and his slug of an agent.
You have to question if they're actually City fans, or just trolls who only appear when they see an opportunity to make some mischief.

I'm not including Unsworth in that btw.

Lancet Fluke said:
adrianr said:
The press response to this is just getting better and better, and has now probably balooned into something that unfortunately for Yaya will define his career. Always a birthday joke waiting in the wings, always an image of a cake, a crazy agent.

This coaching/technical director crap is equally as funny. He'd be near the top of your list for someone who wouldn't be good at those things.

Can you imagine him trying to explain something to a group of kids?
"rightIwantyoutogetaballIfinkanddribblebetweentheconesandwhenyougetIfinkpastthelastconeIfinkyoushouldtakeashotatthegoalandtrytoscorewhenyouhavedoenthatgotothebackofthelineandhaveanothergookeveryoneknowwhattheygottodo?"
Haha....It looks like I am not alone when it comes to understanding Yaya's English, I can honestly say I have never understood one interview and now find myself basically not listening to him in pre and post match interviews

Toure allowing his agent to abuse the club, owners and fans in the way he has is a disgrace and IMO nobody should be trying to make excuses for him. Totally lacking in class and I for one will not be happy if he is still here in August. Some things are actually more important than winning and if we do a little worse without him in the short term so be it.

Damocles said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Well, last season we basically gave him the contract he wanted. 4 year contract for a 30 year old is unheard of .

Will we bend over this time ? I don't know.

Most big clubs offer one year deals to players once they reach the age of 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.