Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Many great Managers have been identified as having the gift of perfect timing of when to unload a player even if they are a legend..
In our case it looks like we are too 'scared' to sell him & so he's allowed to carry on taking the piss out of the club and fans.
If mid season he throws a strop because we have overlooked sending his kids a halloween pumpkin we will have to confront this situation again.
There will still be no shoe in replacement but his market value will have dropped, team spirit will have been affected.
At the moment he's bullying the Club -its time the Club stood up to him & call his bluff. IMO

gio's side step said:
Mrmcfc said:
gio's side step said:
Because .........

Right now, there is no one in world football in his position who is better.

You'll get the FIFA and Champ man postmodern fans on here stating Pogba , Barkley et al, but the rest of us know that Toure is at the peak of his career (prob 2 more years max) is the most complete midfield player in world football, has won two titles here, an FA cup and league cup (been integral to every trophy) and is the spine of our team along with Kompany, Silva and Aguero.

Any attempt to sign someone to replace him will not have the impact Toure has had in the short term and thus it is pointless getting rid of him as that would be regression. In a couple of years, someone might emerge at his level (although I doubt it).

But right now, selling him for 50 mil plus would mean weakening the spine of the team significantly. Not to mention it would tell the rest of our PL rivals - City have just sold their best player.

We aren't THAT stupid anymore.

Just one or two fans unfortunately remain so.
Not sure how you can call anyone stupid when you think someone will pay fifty million plus for a player in his early thirties. It wouldn't be worth selling him, simply because he's worth more than the money we'd get for him.

I dont think anyone would pay 50 mil. Which is 'one' of additional reasons why I dont think he'll leave. I was talking tongue in cheek based on media reports PSG were initially going to offer daft money.

It wouldnt be worth selling him because right now their isnt a better player in his position who would come in and have the same impact immediately

You can't be sure of that... If (and I repeat, if) we keep Yaya Toure, will he be the same player? The guy is acting like a fruitloop - If his head has gone, who's to say that he will pull his weight next season? Can we guarantee that he'll be the 2013/14 Yaya next season?
What shall we do...? Keep him, let him play shit for a month and then stick him on the bench for the rest of his contract...? Millions in wages pissed away - Good job, yes?

The only sure thing is that if we get rid now, the bad apple won't be able to rot in City's dressing room.

He's a shitbag - I'd very much prefer him not to be our shitbag. Get rid a.s.a.p.

1 more season, that's all we ask from the ****. Then sell to the highest bidder when we don't have any restrictions

forevermancity said:
1 more season, that's all we ask from the c**t. Then sell to the highest bidder when we don't have any restrictions

And that's the problem mate. He knows that this is the ONLY season he can possibly have any 'power' in the situation.

I've never been Yaya's biggest fan anyway. Watching a video of his best moments makes you think he's amazing, but for every one of those moments there's 120mins of arrogance and 10% effort. If you watch a match and just focus on him it's the most frustrating thing ever

I think the chances of him going are slim, but the club will have a strategy if we do. I agree that there's no player in the world that can do what he does in his position, but we could always change the shape of the team.

Let the central midfielders, whether one or two, be more defensive and let the goals come from further up the pitch. We already have attacking talent but could use the money we get for Yaya to buy a top class attacking midfielder

In Txiki we trust....

blue b4 the moon said:
forevermancity said:
1 more season, that's all we ask from the c**t. Then sell to the highest bidder when we don't have any restrictions

And that's the problem mate. He knows that this is the ONLY season he can possibly have any 'power' in the situation.
Yeah agreed, think that's why most are pissed off, trying to have us over a barrel

I worry that yaya may not have the passion to play at the top of his game if he ends up staying. I worry that he has the personality to go on strike if he doesn't get his move. I Maybe wrong ,I hope I am and we see him at his best next season. Basically i,m in two minds on what we should do with him.

gio's side step said:
Corky said:
Why would City not want to cash in before his legs go?

Because .........

Right now, there is no one in world football in his position who is better.

You'll get the FIFA and Champ man postmodern fans on here stating Pogba , Barkley et al, but the rest of us know that Toure is at the peak of his career (prob 2 more years max) is the most complete midfield player in world football, has won two titles here, an FA cup and league cup (been integral to every trophy) and is the spine of our team along with Kompany, Silva and Aguero.

Any attempt to sign someone to replace him will not have the impact Toure has had in the short term and thus it is pointless getting rid of him as that would be regression. In a couple of years, someone might emerge at his level (although I doubt it).

But right now, selling him for 50 mil plus would mean weakening the spine of the team significantly. Not to mention it would tell the rest of our PL rivals - City have just sold their best player.

We aren't THAT stupid anymore.

Just one or two fans unfortunately remain so.

You're saying everyone else is naive. So what if his head is fucked up and he can't be arsed? Have you considered that? If so it would hardly be "pointless getting rid".

Only the club hierarchy know whether this is so - not you, not me, not any other poster.

And £50m is la-la land. (Yes, I've seen your later disclaimer). He'd probably fetch £20m to £25m on the back of a great season. In 12 months time - depending on what transpires in the meantime - probably not much more than half of that.

That is why some say sell now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.