Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya Toure

sergiokun said:
MCRJON said:
5 year contract extension, takes him to 35, signed

You'll hear about it in the summer

How do you no mate or are you guessing/hoping

If you're going to pick one poster who would likely know, MCRJON is the one you'd pick.

Hopefully this contract is a little more flexible than the last. As has been mentioned he must have a 'must start never subbed unless asked' clause because there have been plenty of times he hasn't been starting on merit. I also wouldn't have thought we'd be looking to pay him his current wages at 34 but maybe the club values him far higher than some of us.

Take out the 'must start', 'sit on my arse', 'walk back' and 'throw my toys out of the pram at ref's decisions' clauses and we are good to go.

80s Shorts said:
Why wait to announce it until the summer ?
I remember the club stating in the past that "it is not club policy to re-negotiate contracts during the season", so they probably want to appear consistent with that, even though they clearly aren't.

A bonus which will be deducted every time he concedes a needless yellow must be written into it

xzbit04 said:
A bonus which will be deducted every time he concedes a needless yellow must be written into it

He must be close to a 2-match ban for accumulation this season, no?

xzbit04 said:

I think all players need some clauses like this:
-Dzeko for every time he get's caught out on the wing for some reason
-Nasri every time he disappears for 5 minutes at a time
-Hart for every time he concedes a goal because he's caught day-dreaming
-Aguero for every time he goes for the tricky finish when a simple shot is needed.

etc.

As much as I rate Yaya, five years seems a bit ott to me. 35 years old? He's already got a rather poor engine.. Hrm.. the club must have plans for him I am not aware of.
Isn't he our second highest earner atm? I wonder how the new contract looks like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.