Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya Toure

Matt the Giant said:
As much as I rate Yaya, five years seems a bit ott to me. 35 years old? He's already got a rather poor engine.. Hrm.. the club must have plans for him I am not aware of.
Isn't he our second highest earner atm? I wonder how the new contract looks like.

Yeah agreed, I hope that his information is slightly off, because I think 3 years is the most we should be offering to a 30 year old, especially when that 30 year old earns 200k every week because there's no way he'll still be worth that at 34/35 years old. I'm sure he'll retire with us if he's willing to drop his wage a bit, because no one else would pay him what we do at his age.

mgreenz97 said:
Matt the Giant said:
As much as I rate Yaya, five years seems a bit ott to me. 35 years old? He's already got a rather poor engine.. Hrm.. the club must have plans for him I am not aware of.
Isn't he our second highest earner atm? I wonder how the new contract looks like.

Yeah agreed, I hope that his information is slightly off, because I think 3 years is the most we should be offering to a 30 year old, especially when that 30 year old earns 200k every week because there's no way he'll still be worth that at 34/35 years old. I'm sure he'll retire with us if he's willing to drop his wage a bit, because no one else would pay him what we do at his age.

No way will we have offered him the same terms as 3 years ago and he would know he wont get it elsewhere so im sure a more incentive based package came his way much like the Silva one

BoyBlue_1985 said:
mgreenz97 said:
Matt the Giant said:

No way will we have offered him the same terms as 3 years ago and he would know he wont get it elsewhere so im sure a more incentive based package came his way much like the Silva one

Any details regarding Silva's contract official?

As long as the contract reflect Yaya's quality year by year, I'm happy to keep him on. just seems very strange though, with him not having the physique (big, heavy) of other "older" players in top divisions.

Nice one again OP

I hope this contract is structured correctly. Don't want him being paid 200k a week at 35

Matt the Giant said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
mgreenz97 said:

Any details regarding Silva's contract official?

As long as the contract reflect Yaya's quality year by year, I'm happy to keep him on. just seems very strange though, with him not having the physique (big, heavy) of other "older" players in top divisions.

No someone on bluemoon knew a little bit cant remember who though. Anyway his basic is £120k a week which is a lot but for a player like him not so much but with incentives it can reach around £200k a week

He best get his finger out for the rest of the season then, his attitude most games this season has been poor to say the least.

He was such a beast last year aswell.

Tevez City said:
No player deserve new contract more than Yaya.

Never agreed with anything you have said before until now. Big game player who has driven us to the next level. He will also continue to adapt his game to suit different systems and the deterioration of his mobility over time. I, for one am extremely pleased with this news.

If true then at least my name will be contemporary for another 5 years.

As much as the Rags have Scholes/Giggs, Chelsea have Lampard, Liverpool have Gerrard, we have our Yaya Toure.

Akira said:
As much as the Rags have Scholes/Giggs, Chelsea have Lampard, Liverpool have Gerrard, we have our Yaya Toure.

I would rather have Yaya than any of those players any day of the week!!!

Yaya has pulled us, single handidly at times, out of scrapes and even given our team a moral boost... He is a train and most of the opposition midfielders, defenders and even goalies around the world are shit scared of his technique and beast strength before playing against him...

Yaya any day and really please if he is with us another 5 years til retirement

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.