Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

I`m very pleased we have secured him(Yaya) for the next four years. I would be pissed off if he played for another team against us.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
coulsonblue said:
bargain, cost us £17m / year currently. now will cost £14m/year.

£3m saving for FFP.

As a total numb nuts when it comes to corporate finance, and someone who can only just balance my household income/expenditure, could you please explain in "laymen's" terms how that works?

His current contract earns him 17m/year so after this year is finished he will then be on a lower salary which will earn him 14m/year therefore our books have -3m/year cost. So therefore we save 3m/year.

BoundedCascade said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
coulsonblue said:
bargain, cost us £17m / year currently. now will cost £14m/year.

£3m saving for FFP.

As a total numb nuts when it comes to corporate finance, and someone who can only just balance my household income/expenditure, could you please explain in "laymen's" terms how that works?

His current contract earns him 17m/year so after this year is finished he will then be on a lower salary which will earn him 14m/year therefore our books have -3m/year cost. So therefore we save 3m/year.

Where's your figures (Yaya's salary) from? Even if your 17m-14m is correct (which it isn't) have you ever heard of amortisation?

Another fool.

happy he has signed, but the money aspect is kinda putting me off football now. just being honest. yes money has always been there i know that.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
happy he has signed, but the money aspect is kinda putting me off football now. just being honest. yes money has always been there i know that.

The money aspect how? Footballers wages or what you have to pay to go to a game. If it's the former then man up.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

I know what you mean ChB but if you want the best you have to pay top dollar !
Rather us paying it than, say, scousers or spurs or...

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

The money aspect how? Footballers wages or what you have to pay to go to a game. If it's the former then man up.

footballers wages in the main. Why should i man up ??? just an opinion

im struggling at the minute and when seeing how much they are paid and have always been paid, it is putting me off football. I think a lot of people feel the same

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

footballers wages in the main. Why should i man up if i couldnt afford to go to a game ?? a lot of people already cant. If that was citys attitude................

im struggling at the minute and when seeing how much they are paid and have always been paid, it is putting me off football. I think a lot of people feel the same

You do realise his wages have decreased (if you believe everything the papers spout) don't you? I say that because you appear to be believing the papers. I said IF it's the former then man up, not man up no matter what your reason is.

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:

footballers wages in the main. Why should i man up if i couldnt afford to go to a game ?? a lot of people already cant. If that was citys attitude................

You do realise his wages have decreased (if you believe everything the papers spout) don't you?

i do realise that, but hasnt it decreased to something like 11 million a year ???? i think it is absurd ( havent read details), for someone who plays football. I know we have to pay top wages to compete and i want us too compete, but when im struggling at the mo, like many other people I think its crazy :)

i dont believe everything the papers say, nor have i stated that.

blue_paul said:
I'm concerned about the length of contract and at such a premium price. I thought with ffp, we were supposed to see much smaller basic wages with attractive bonus incentives.

Some players are just too good to lose.The new incentive will come into play with new signings, or as I`m lead to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.