Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
happy he has signed, but the money aspect is kinda putting me off football now. just being honest. yes money has always been there i know that.

The money aspect how? Footballers wages or what you have to pay to go to a game. If it's the former then man up.

footballers wages in the main. Why should i man up ??? just an opinion

im struggling at the minute and when seeing how much they are paid and have always been paid, it is putting me off football. I think a lot of people feel the same

Seriously, I don't understand that viewpoint. We pay to watch the players, some of us via season or match tickets, others via TV subscriptions. To me it only seems fair that the players get a sizeable chunk of all the money that pours into the game, not just from fans but also TV and sponsors. Surely it's better to see the players getting the money than the owners and executives pocketing it!

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
footballers wages in the main. Why should i man up if i couldnt afford to go to a game ?? a lot of people already cant. If that was citys attitude................

im struggling at the minute and when seeing how much they are paid and have always been paid, it is putting me off football. I think a lot of people feel the same

You do realise his wages have decreased (if you believe everything the papers spout) don't you?

i do realise that, but hasnt it decreased to something like 11 million a year ???? i think it is absurd ( havent read details), for someone who plays football. I know we have to pay top wages to compete and i want us too compete, but when im struggling at the mo, like many other people I think its crazy :)

The papers are reporting 11 million a year, nobody else. 11m a year is £211,538 pw. If you believe the same papers that are spouting this shite then his wage has been cut by just over 8k a week.

I'm also struggling, my point is if you stop reading shite, you will stop believing shite, and then you will stop talking shite..

lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
The money aspect how? Footballers wages or what you have to pay to go to a game. If it's the former then man up.

Seriously, I don't understand that viewpoint. We pay to watch the players, some of us via season or match tickets, others via TV subscriptions. To me it only seems fair that the players get a sizeable chunk of all the money that pours into the game, not just from fans but also TV and sponsors. Surely it's better to see the players getting the money than the owners and executives pocketing it!

i agree with that, but i dont agree with how much they are paid. For someone to get 100,000 + a week to play football is ridiculous imo.

A huge contract certainly,however,we are getting not only a great player for the next four years but also a symbol of our intentions and ambitions for the future.

Yaya's presence will be just as huge on the pitch as it will be off it.
Other stella names will see his commitment and hopefully decide they too would like a bit of the same.

Good times indeed.

(i just hope his contract says No Fookin ACON.....!)

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
You do realise his wages have decreased (if you believe everything the papers spout) don't you?

i do realise that, but hasnt it decreased to something like 11 million a year ???? i think it is absurd ( havent read details), for someone who plays football. I know we have to pay top wages to compete and i want us too compete, but when im struggling at the mo, like many other people I think its crazy :)

The papers are reporting 11 million a year, nobody else. 11m a year is £211,538 pw. If you believe the same papers that are spouting this shite then his wage has been cut by just over 8k a week.

I'm also struggling, my point is if you stop reading shite, you will stop believing shite, and then you will stop talking shite..

mate I havent read the details in full, i understand his wages have gone down based on posts from above, which is good. But from my own personal point of view i dont agree in general with how much footballers are paid. It does not mean i am talking shit because you dont agree with me.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

mate I havent read the details, i understand his wages have gone down based on posts from above, which is good. But from my own personal point of view i dont agree in general with how much footballers are paid. It does not mean i am talking shit because you dont agree with me.

Your talking shit because the wage being reported is most probably 100% shite.

If you don't agree with the wages players earn, then I'd suggest you follow Rugby Union. Stop watching films, stop following football, stop watching F1, stop watching Tennis and stop watching Golf.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:36 am --<br /><br />Also don't ever watch horse racing, Basketball, Baseball, American Football, Hockey and any music channels/ programmes/ concerts.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

i agree with that, but i dont agree with how much they are paid. For someone to get 100,000 + a week to play football is ridiculous imo.

But it's only ridiculous because of the huge TV and sponsorship deals, you're looking at the moral aspect from the wrong end IMO. If there's a moral debate to be had it's whether companies like Sky and Barclays should be putting so much money into football but as long as they do the players should get most of the benefit from it.

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:

mate I havent read the details, i understand his wages have gone down based on posts from above, which is good. But from my own personal point of view i dont agree in general with how much footballers are paid. It does not mean i am talking shit because you dont agree with me.

If you don't agree with the wages players earn, then I'd suggest you follow Rugby Union. Stop watching films, stop following football, stop watching F1, stop watching Tennis and stop watching Golf.[/quote

how much is he being payed then ??? in posts above it says 14 m ???. Im only going off tv, radio, posts on here ......

how can anyone agree with how much they earn. Just because i dont agree with it, doesnt mean i have to stop watching football.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

If you don't agree with the wages players earn, then I'd suggest you follow Rugby Union. Stop watching films, stop following football, stop watching F1, stop watching Tennis and stop watching Golf.[/quote

No sport, no TV and no music. Enjoy chess.

how much is he being payed then ??? in posts above it says 14 m ???. Im only going off tv, radio, posts on here ......

how can anyone agree with how much they earn. Just because i dont agree with it, doesnt mean i have to stop watching football.

I edited my post after you replied, if you are against high wages then I'd suggest you stop watching films and listening to music.

lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
lancs blue said:

But it's only ridiculous because of the huge TV and sponsorship deals, you're looking at the moral aspect from the wrong end IMO. If there's a moral debate to be had it's whether companies like Sky and Barclays should be putting so much money into football but as long as they do the players should get most of the benefit from it.

i agree with you mate players should get the benefit, just think most players are overpaid, not aiming this at yaya in particular but footballers in general

-- Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:42 am --

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

No sport, no TV and no music. Enjoy chess.

I edited my post after you replied, if you are against high wages then I'd suggest you stop watching films and listening to music.

mate what are you on about ???, i can be against something and not like it like high wages. Doesnt mean I have to stop watching it.

So because i dont like footballers in general being over paid i have to stop watching tv or playing chess, ha ha :). good comparison

im just talking about footballers here btw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.