Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
lancs blue said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
i agree with that, but i dont agree with how much they are paid. For someone to get 100,000 + a week to play football is ridiculous imo.

But it's only ridiculous because of the huge TV and sponsorship deals, you're looking at the moral aspect from the wrong end IMO. If there's a moral debate to be had it's whether companies like Sky and Barclays should be putting so much money into football but as long as they do the players should get most of the benefit from it.

i agree with you mate players should get the benefit, just think most players are overpaid, not aiming this at yaya in particular but footballers in general

-- Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:42 am --

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Your talking shit because the wage being reported is most probably 100% shite.

If you don't agree with the wages players earn, then I'd suggest you follow Rugby Union. Stop watching films, stop following football, stop watching F1, stop watching Tennis and stop watching Golf.[/quote

No sport, no TV and no music. Enjoy chess.

how much is he being payed then ??? in posts above it says 14 m ???. Im only going off tv, radio, posts on here ......

how can anyone agree with how much they earn. Just because i dont agree with it, doesnt mean i have to stop watching football.

I edited my post after you replied, if you are against high wages then I'd suggest you stop watching films and listening to music.

mate what are you on about ???, i can be against something and not like it like high wages. Doesnt mean I have to stop watching it.

So because i dont like footballers in general being over paid i have to stop watching tv or playing chess, ha ha :).

im just talking about footballers here btw

So you don't like footballers being paid a lot but movie and music stars being paid a lot is ok? I used this example as they also get paid a lot for entertainment purpose's.

Footballers, are generally paid what's available. Would you rather profits went to the boardroom or players?

The market sets the prices and salaries. If the clubs over reach they go bust if they underpay they get relegated. That is all.

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
lancs blue said:
But it's only ridiculous because of the huge TV and sponsorship deals, you're looking at the moral aspect from the wrong end IMO. If there's a moral debate to be had it's whether companies like Sky and Barclays should be putting so much money into football but as long as they do the players should get most of the benefit from it.

i agree with you mate players should get the benefit, just think most players are overpaid, not aiming this at yaya in particular but footballers in general

ManCitizens. said:
I edited my post after you replied, if you are against high wages then I'd suggest you stop watching films and listening to music.

mate what are you on about ???, i can be against something and not like it like high wages. Doesnt mean I have to stop watching it.

So because i dont like footballers in general being over paid i have to stop watching tv or playing chess, ha ha :).

So you don't like footballers being paid a lot but movie and music stars being paid a lot is ok?

Footballers, are generally paid what is available. Would you rather profits went to the boardroom or players?

Im just talking about footballers specifically, i do not agree with footballers being paid 100,000 + to play football. It Doesnt mean i dont have the right to watch football. i prefer the german model where players are paid a good wage and realisitc amount that isnt obscene, at clubs like dortmund for instance

I have stated above that players should get the money rather than the boardroom.

im not saying we shouldnt pay high amounts in wages, we have to if we want to compete with the best.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

So you don't like footballers being paid a lot but movie and music stars being paid a lot is ok?

Footballers, are generally paid what is available. Would you rather profits went to the boardroom or players?

Im just talking about footballers specifically, i do not agree with footballers being paid 100,000 + to play football. It Doesnt mean i dont have the right to watch football. i prefer the german model where players are paid a good wage and realisitc amount that isnt obscene, at clubs like dortmund for instance

I have stated above that players should get the money rather than the boardroom.

Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm, Kroos, Muller and Schweinsteiger (spelling) are apparently all on 100k pw or more.

I don't agree with actors being paid 4-6m per film when it takes them 3 months to film it. Am I more wrong than you?

"I have stated above that players should get the money rather than the boardroom."

Tell that to Big Mal Glazer ;))

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:

Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm, Kroos, Muller, Swcheisteiger (spelling) and badstuber are apparently all on 100k pw or more.

I don't agree with actors being paid 4-6m per film when it takes them 3 months to film it. Am I more wrong than you?

I mentioned dortmund :) yes bayern pay high wages, but in the main most german clubs pay realistic wages.

im not talking about actors or films though, just about footballers, No i dont like how much they are paid i am just stating that, im not having a go at the club.its only an opinion

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm, Kroos, Muller, Swcheisteiger (spelling) and badstuber are apparently all on 100k pw or more.

I mentioned dortmund :) yes bayern pay high wages, but in the main most german clubs pay realistic wages.

im not talking about actors or films though, just about footballers, No i dont like how much they are paid i am just stating that, im not having a go at the club.

So you hate one entertainment industry to pay big for it's assets, but for another entertainment industry it's ok?

We will see where Dortmund are in 3 years, they have a first 11, not a squad. I wonder why the perfect BVB released Reus then resigned him for 17m.

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:

im not talking about actors or films though, just about footballers, No i dont like how much they are paid i am just stating that, im not having a go at the club.

So you hate one entertainment industry to pay big for it's assets, but for another entertainment industry it's ok?

We will see where Dortmund are in 3 years, they have a first 11, not a squad. I wonder why the perfect BVB released Reus then resigned him for 17m.

only an opinion

I dont hate the industry????? im just talking about footballers and footballers wages in a football forum ( in a thread mentioning wages), not about film or tv, stop trying to compare the two.

I never said BVB are perfect, but wage wise they are a good example of a club who pay realistic wages and can still compete.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

why are you taking this so personally :)??? only an opinion

I dont hate the industry????? im just talking about footballers and footballers wages in a football forum ( in a thread mentioning wages), not about film or tv, stop trying to compare the two.

I never said BVB are perfect, but wage wise they are a good example of a club who pay realistic wages and can still compete.

All you have to do is acknowledge that football is not the big bad wolf for daft fees/ wages. Where there is money to be earn't, money will be spent, simple as.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.