Yaya Toure

Milner was the worst of the lot of them last night. My only question of mancini is why he sticks with him and not johnno, johnno was on fire early in the season then he just drops him?

redmizzle said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
He was by far the best of that midfield trio tonight. Milner was utter dog-shite for 89 minutes and Barry is not a player for chasing a game.

Absolutely spot on. What the fuck were people watching or is he now the new boo boy?
He's the new boo-boy. Some of our fanbase need to a see a player obviously doing something. That way, even if they are shite, they can still be labelled a trier.

Robinho, Adebayor and Toure. Common denominator = body language.

Robinho had a reputation that went before him. Time and time again i watched him put in a proper shift only to come on here and find post after post moaning about how lazy he is. Same with Adebayor, and now it's the same with Toure.

Adebayor presumably because he smiles a lot, and Toure presumably because his arse sticks out a bit when he runs. He's playing in an advanced role, supporting Silva and Tevez. He doesn't need to get behind the ball as often as Milner, Barry and De Jong.

Some people seem to want criticism banned from Bluemoon.

Yaya hasn't really done it for me this season. He's shown flashes but overall he's been poor. People say 'his job isn't tracking back'. Fair enough, then he should be creating chances and scoring goals. He hasn't really done that.

I think fitness is an issue, Sunderland was the best example for me. First half he was superb. But he must have had a mug of Horlicks at half-time because he looked so sleepy in the second 45. I think it will take him time to adjust to the league and the demands it puts on players. Maybe then he'll turn flashes of brilliance into consistent play.

My big problem with him is his attitude. Look at the size of him but he doesn't seem to use it effectively. Avoids putting a foot in and actually seems to spend half the game avoiding any kind of involvement at all. I question how much he really wants it. Or maybe he's sulking at being played out of position as some claim.

I really haven't taken to him yet. I hope he proves me wrong and goes on to have a solid season but at the moment when things aren't going right in a game it's Yaya who I look to see taken off. The Newcastle game was an example. We were pretty poor until he went off for Johnson and suddenly we burst into life.

I don't know how many times I saw Yaya stroll about the midfield NOT closing down on players ... eh, hello? It's a competitive match!

I can see why Mancini played it safe ... we are not lethal enough yet up front and he is one reason for it.

At 250K (whatever) a week you'd expect more effort.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
The same arseholes were calling his brother last year............. its taken kolo 12 months to look the player he was at arsenal, I have no doubt yaya will be the same.
I'd have to agree with this. Give the lad time to settle and I'm sure he'll be the player we bought him to be. You can tell he's getting used to it. New club, sort of new position. This guy could be the beast we want alongside NDJ.

ElanJo said:
Mattyc55 said:
I really cant begin to understand how this guy was left on the pitch today. One of the most gutless, lazy performances ive ever seen from a City player in a Manchester Derby today.. strolling around like he was playing in La Liga, I must of counted over 10/15 times in the second half where he half heartedly laboured towards Carrick/Scholes when they were in possession. You compare him with how hard Barry, De Jong and the United three worked to stop the other team from getting any real time on the ball to play a telling pass, and it really does show just how fucking bad he was today, never mind continously running into blind alleys with the ball.

Absolutely fucking useless tonight, why oh why didnt Mancini just move Milner into the middle (our best player by the way), and take him off.

Credit to the defence and Barry/Nige, cant take anything away from how all of those played tonight.

lol Milner was cack (again)

Thank fuck for that i though i was deffo in the twlight zone when he said Milner was our best player.

I'm usually just a viewer of this forum when i can snatch a few minutes at work. However I've been angered into signing up by Yaya's performance last night. I'm not sure how anyone can say he played well or put in a shift. Maybe he looked better on TV or something, but everyone around me at the ground was groaning everytime he let a rag player jog past him, didn't close down, didn't put his foot in or even worse shirked out of a tackle altogether.

I know he shows it in patches, and I know there's more to being a good footballer than just putting some effort in, but one burst forward and a couple of good touches in 90 minutes is poor in any game. But to come off a field IN A DERBY without feeling like you've put in every last drop of energy is disgraceful in my opinion, especially from the best paid player at the club.

I agree with comments he looks overweight, and that he lacks fitness - he slowed significantly in the second half. Well lack of fitness, unless he's nursing an injury, is no excuse as a professional footballer. And while we're on the subject Barry still needs to lose half a stone, at least, his arse is getting towards Dunney proportions..........

Mattyc55 said:
I really cant begin to understand how this guy was left on the pitch today. One of the most gutless, lazy performances ive ever seen from a City player in a Manchester Derby today.. strolling around like he was playing in La Liga, I must of counted over 10/15 times in the second half where he half heartedly laboured towards Carrick/Scholes when they were in possession. You compare him with how hard Barry, De Jong and the United three worked to stop the other team from getting any real time on the ball to play a telling pass, and it really does show just how fucking bad he was today, never mind continously running into blind alleys with the ball.

Absolutely fucking useless tonight, why oh why didnt Mancini just move Milner into the middle (our best player by the way), and take him off.

Credit to the defence and Barry/Nige, cant take anything away from how all of those played tonight.

couldnt be more true...he was appaling last night, it was like playing with ten men
the people defending yaya toure were obviously watching a different game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.