Yaya Toure

I thought he did well until about 60minutes when he became knackered.

His problem is he is there to link the midfield with the attack and when Silva and Tevez were completely marked out the game he had no options in front of him.

Admittedly he has not had the best starts but this forum is turning into a disgrace the way people immediately jump on everyones backs at every opportunity. It's like some people on here want us to fail more than the papers do.

As much as it pains me look at Ronaldo at United - wasn't great in his first season but they stuck with him. It takes time to settle into a team/system/league/style of play so give the guy a fucking chance...

Prestwich_Blue said:
He was by far the best of that midfield trio tonight. Milner was utter dog-shite for 89 minutes and Barry is not a player for chasing a game.

Absolutely spot on. What the fuck were people watching or is he now the new boo boy?

To me something must have happened between him and guardiola and i always thought it was because defensively toure can or seem a little lazy in his repositioning and we can see it now,he seems at times like not wanting or he can't track back.

He is a good offensive player but he is better coming from deep as he lacks the imagination to play the easy ball early,i think guardiola sold him because he wanted to be an attacking mid instead of defensive mid,that is what he is and nothing else.

I was really pissed with his selfish mentality today,i don't know what it was,lack of intelligence or just plain selfish which made him completely ignore his team mates when they were in very good scoring positions.

carlos92 said:
All it is down to his conditioning. He wasn't a regular at Barcelona so he hasn't had a run of games. However I am surprised that he hasn't settled down because I thought he was the signing that could adapt to the Premier League quickly enough.

So how much do we have to pay for a guy who plays regular for Barca?

Is he Moonchester in disguise?, big enough, slow enough, daft enough

i think Toure is going to be one of those players that needs 12 months to get used to the prem, we have seen it many times over the years with foreign players..

Even players like T Henry and Drogba struggled at first...

All he needs is to get match fit and 12 months under his belt and he will be fine..

I thought we would never see the like again once we got shut of Sibierski but Yaya is rapidly taking his place.

If he is on the highest salary at City he should offer to give most of it back, I think we have got a right Dumbo with this one.

On the contrary I thought he was onne of our best players.

He was one of the few players who attempted to run with the ball from midfield, and some of his hold up play in midfield was outstanding. he kept and retained possession when surrounded by Utd.

Mattyc55 said:
For the record, I rate him as a footballer, and its probably a combination of things, possibly fitness and the fact that hes clearly not in his preferred position. However, as fans, the least we can ask of our midfielders is to harry and get stuck in during such a huge game. There were times tonight where I couldnt actually believe how little effort he made to close down Scholes.

This^^^^

He would prefer De Jongs position as he clearly isn't the best at closing down from the front. For last nights game I might have stuck Milner in where Toure was and started Johnson on the wing.

Is it easier to drop a £25K a week player than a £200K a week player? I hope not.

I'm struggling to understand what his role is. He was a DM at Barca. Mancini uses him differently - in a more advanced role. Thing is - he runs out of ideas when he approaches the oppo's penalty box. The only solution I can see is that we play with 2 DM's rather than 3 which means one of NDJ, GB & YT missing out. Either way - we're still looking for that box-2-box midfielder cos he ain't it.

citymad said:
I can't quite work him out myself, powerful runner and fast when he gets going but looks lazy at times. I can see why he wasn't a regular for Barca. Hopefully he'll end up being a great player for us.

Me, too. Storming runs out of nothing, really, and you can see he does what defenders don't like - full pelt running straight into the penalty area, but he might be following instructions to the letter. Glad he's one of us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.