Yaya Toure

u2fme2 said:
looks over weight to me.. if he is on 200.000
a week then we really are getting mugged

1) It is well documented that the figure of salary was based on win bonuses
for a clean sweep of honours.You need to look a bit furhter into sensationalist media shite.

2)Why are there still blues around who are obsessed with money?
It is not relevant anymore....
judge performance by all means,forget the dosh,just let it go

pee dubya said:
2lue91v.jpg

What do you want him to do? run round and round in circles until he's knackered? Considering his ball carrying was a key part of our plan to try and knick a goal, tiring himself out after an hour probably wouldn't be the best plan.

Perhaps he should be fitter yes, but he's not, he doesn't look like a natural athlete to me, so it'll take time.

PD, i think this is a misrepresentation of the complaints being made about Toure last night- they certainly don't bear too much relation to mine. We recognise that the midfield battle was particularly tight- but of particular concern was the profound absence of energy in his re-positioning, specifcally. And when he got the ball, he was very easy to knock off it. I'm less annoyed about this than i was last night, so i can reasonably see that perhaps the chap is unaccustomed to the physicality he's experiencing (or certainly that he's not used to getting pushed about without hearing the ref's whistle). I also hear what people are saying about him not being fit- he doesnt look a fat bastard to me, but he does look like he's blowing out of arse, often.

As I see it- if he's inexperienced, play him, I'll look the other way while he settles into it, as I consider myself to understand reasoning, generally. If he's unfit... he's got to work on that on The Hill at Carrington, and be reintrintroduced appropriately- not used as an automatic starter.

About the diagram, I see 3 v 3 there and I'd suggest that Yaya should have been much livelier than he was in tracking the work of Scholes. It was often De jong that picked him up, because United were much more fluid and he broke forward through the other two a few times. As in any team work scenario, you need our three guys to look out for each other and take a sensible postion against the spare man- NOT slowly amble back to the general location of play from wherever you just got caught in posession.

United did play relatively narrow to congest that area of the pitch, but City could match them with two more industrious players in Spanish Dave and Milner. I'd propose that Yaya needs to come out of the team, Milner should move central and the unoccupied right side spot needs to go back to Johnno.

Still, chin up, all.

pee dubya said:
2lue91v.jpg

What do you want him to do? run round and round in circles until he's knackered? Considering his ball carrying was a key part of our plan to try and knick a goal, tiring himself out after an hour probably wouldn't be the best plan.

Perhaps he should be fitter yes, but he's not, he doesn't look like a natural athlete to me, so it'll take time.

That's very good.

Mattyc55 said:
I really cant begin to understand how this guy was left on the pitch today. One of the most gutless, lazy performances ive ever seen from a City player in a Manchester Derby today.. strolling around like he was playing in La Liga, I must of counted over 10/15 times in the second half where he half heartedly laboured towards Carrick/Scholes when they were in possession. You compare him with how hard Barry, De Jong and the United three worked to stop the other team from getting any real time on the ball to play a telling pass, and it really does show just how fucking bad he was today, never mind continously running into blind alleys with the ball.

Absolutely fucking useless tonight, why oh why didnt Mancini just move Milner into the middle (our best player by the way), and take him off.

Credit to the defence and Barry/Nige, cant take anything away from how all of those played tonight.

I agree he did not have a good night but I dont suppose the fact that he was playing out of position and getting up the field as a striker had something to do with it do you?

goat boy said:
PD, i think this is a misrepresentation of the complaints being made about Toure last night- they certainly don't bear too much relation to mine. We recognise that the midfield battle was particularly tight- but of particular concern was the profound absence of energy in his re-positioning, specifcally. And when he got the ball, he was very easy to knock off it. I'm less annoyed about this than i was last night, so i can reasonably see that perhaps the chap is unaccustomed to the physicality he's experiencing (or certainly that he's not used to getting pushed about without hearing the ref's whistle). I also hear what people are saying about him not being fit- he doesnt look a fat bastard to me, but he does look like he's blowing out of arse, often.

As I see it- if he's inexperienced, play him, I'll look the other way while he settles into it, as I consider myself to understand reasoning, generally. If he's unfit... he's got to work on that on The Hill at Carrington, and be reintrintroduced appropriately- not used as an automatic starter.

About the diagram, I see 3 v 3 there and I'd suggest that Yaya should have been much livelier than he was in tracking the work of Scholes. It was often De jong that picked him up, because United were much more fluid and he broke forward through the other two a few times. As in any team work scenario, you need our three guys to look out for each other and take a sensible postion against the spare man- NOT slowly amble back to the general location of play from wherever you just got caught in posession.

United did play relatively narrow to congest that area of the pitch, but City could match them with two more industrious players in Spanish Dave and Milner. I'd propose that Yaya needs to come out of the team, Milner should move central and the unoccupied right side spot needs to go back to Johnno.

Still, chin up, all.
I haven't read the entire thread i admit, so i might have misinterpreted complaints, i just got the general gist of lazy, not putting in the effort etc.

It's a fair point at times he did let people run by him, but the again, when you're playing with 2 sitting midfielders, plus a tracking back Milner, maybe he was told to and could get away with it (maybe not, who knows). Letting people run past you is perhaps the only way to create space to hit on the break, especially when you're up against a compact 3 man midfield.

I can't agree that he was easy to knock of the ball though, i thought he was fouled 2 or 3 times when he lost the ball, but the ref didn't give it. Often he shrugged off 1 or 2 challenges first.

With regards to his fitness, he's not fat no, but he's big, when you're that big it doesn't lend itself to long periods of aerobic activity. It's a similar problem with Richards, they're both quick once they get going, but they tire very quickly also.

beziersblue said:
Mattyc55 said:
I really cant begin to understand how this guy was left on the pitch today. One of the most gutless, lazy performances ive ever seen from a City player in a Manchester Derby today.. strolling around like he was playing in La Liga, I must of counted over 10/15 times in the second half where he half heartedly laboured towards Carrick/Scholes when they were in possession. You compare him with how hard Barry, De Jong and the United three worked to stop the other team from getting any real time on the ball to play a telling pass, and it really does show just how fucking bad he was today, never mind continously running into blind alleys with the ball.

Absolutely fucking useless tonight, why oh why didnt Mancini just move Milner into the middle (our best player by the way), and take him off.

Credit to the defence and Barry/Nige, cant take anything away from how all of those played tonight.

What a load of rubbish!

At least this guy with his charges up field knew where the goal was.

Shame nobody supported him in these runs.
This, he looked absolutely fucked at the end of the match. When we did go forward there was no support and the attacking players were isolated. No pace on the break. The scum were there for the taking, but whether it was tactics or the players froze we did not do ourselves justice. That team they put out was absolutely fucking shite just the pissed up one seems to be able to motivate them. All it will take is for a few teams to believe that they are not invincible and go at them a bit. We should have fucking destroyed them that simple.

pee dubya said:
2lue91v.jpg

Is that from Platty?

GaudinoMotors said:
pee dubya said:
2lue91v.jpg

Is that from Platty?
All my own work.

If you're reading David, i'm available for hire.

bluecityste said:
People shouldn't underestimate 3 points consistently made in this thread:

1- He was in an advanced central midfield position. Therefore, his primary role was that of support for the attacking players.

2- Fitness. Obviously it seems like he may not be quite at the level which we think he should be. This however would only have been made worse by the fact that, yet again, the opposition had an extra day recuperation time in before facing us. Also, 2 games in 3 and a bit days can only add to this problem.

3- The mix/blend of the team will heavily affect how influencial he will be. With a fully fit and up to prem speed Kolerov/Boatang/Balotelli he will be much more effective.

I'm not moaning about the lethargic style of the guy, or if he should or shouldn't have contributed more to the pressing side of things. I'm saying if he is the guy in the midfield designated as the most advanced and therefore most creative of the midfield three, then he has to show enough form to warrant it. He is not showing that form. I am now wondering if Mancini can trust him to play deeper, because pressing is not optional if he moves back, and if he turns out ineffectual in front of the back 4 then that can really hurt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.