Yaya Toure

I think their is a bit of a misconception around Yaya, if he doesn't go on them lung bursting 50yd runs he is seen as having a bad game, if you look at the stats and see the amount of passes he makes during the game you will see he is crucial in leading the opposition a merry dance, he keeps possesion and this possession eventually grinds them down. That's why we are so good second half.

As someone has said the rags will be made up if he is not on our team sheet next week, it does worry me though if he is on 4 bookings as you can guarantee he will be booked on Saturday

Woeful and pathetic is a big over statement but he hasn't been at his best that's for sure.

Played well for the last 30 minutes last night in the kind of positions we want to see him in more. It usually takes him a couple of months to get going so let's hope last night was the catalyst. Just in time for the derby too, although obviously disappointing he's off to the ACON.

The guy need time off for some rest. Hardly anywhere near the player he should be.
Im now going to read this thread and count ho many times De Jong is mentioned as if he is some sort of god<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 am --<br /><br />
Tom_mcfc said:
People on here make me laugh so much, it is one extreme or another with the majority. Because he is world class people are blind when he plays poor and say he should never be dropped.

I do think he has been poor this season and I will challenge anyone to name me 3 games in which Yaya has looked at his best. I can only think of Madrid away, last night, Chelsea and Madrid at home he has been useless. His passing has been awful and when he has tried to turn out of trouble many times but ending up losing the ball in bad areas.

I would rest him (even though he's had all summer) but like someone else said not against Everton but to be honest after that I would drop him in any other game. We need his physical attributes against Everton, against other teams we won't need it as much and he has hardly been a weapon for us going forward this year, just a shame Milner got injured last night and Garcia looked dross.

Bad move letting Nige go

HE WANTED TO FUCKING LEAVE

Yaya is exhausted, not off form. he needs a rest after the united game. i don't think there is a clause in his contract that says he must play all games. the guy is one of the best players we have ever had but it's impossible for every player to play every 4 days and be on top form.

hgblue said:
cyprustavern said:
Tom_mcfc said:
People on here make me laugh so much, it is one extreme or another with the majority. Because he is world class people are blind when he plays poor and say he should never be dropped.

I do think he has been poor this season and I will challenge anyone to name me 3 games in which Yaya has looked at his best. I can only think of Madrid away, last night, Chelsea and Madrid at home he has been useless. His passing has been awful and when he has tried to turn out of trouble many times but ending up losing the ball in bad areas.

I would rest him (even though he's had all summer) but like someone else said not against Everton but to be honest after that I would drop him in any other game. We need his physical attributes against Everton, against other teams we won't need it as much and he has hardly been a weapon for us going forward this year, just a shame Milner got injured last night and Garcia looked dross.

Bad move letting Nige go
so you would drop him against man utd? ok

Ferguson would be absolutely delighted to see us line up without Yaya.

I'm not saying drop him for that game, I'm saying we wont miss him as much imo than we would against Everton. If we aren't using yaya to go forward which is what it seems this season then he needs to be our man to stop Felliani.

Like my previous post said though and no one has answered yet, name 3 games you would say he has played to his potential this season. It's not him playing defensively that is my issue, it has been his passing and the ease he has been losing possesion.

Will be rested for the Dortmund game

He hasnt been on as many powerful foraging runs forward but watch silva ..everytime silva has the ball he trys to find yaya who is always available to retain possession and so on and so on .

The heartbeat of the team
One of my favourite players this lad , a beast .

Yaya has looked VERY lazy this season, spends more time pointing that doing the job himself.
Maybe this is because he's playing in more of a defensive role and we still expect him to be involved in play but I'm not too sure. I would like to see 1 game without him involved to see what goes on. Obviously he is going to miss the Dortmund game through suspension but I would prefer to see him sit out or at least start on the bench in a Prem match.

The four yellows is very concerning though. If we rest him for Everton, I think we will struggle big time against our bogey team. And who would we play instead? Nasri is sick, Milner's hamstring trouble, Garcia looks less than sharp coming back from injury. Zabaletta? But it's not his normal role and I don't fancy him against Fellani in the air, do you?

But if he gets a 5th yellow and misses the derby, that's a disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.